Author Topic: $$$$  (Read 4563 times)

doublesteveburger

$$$$
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:42 AM »
it dawned on me while watching an episode of 'workaholics' where they ask eachother what the least amount of money they'd accept to blow a dude. (adam said 900$, i'd probably go for ten grand, fuck it)

then i started thinking...
what's the least amount of money you'd accept to quit your 'core' sponsor and get on something corperate? (nike, monster, redbull etc.)
i'm still thinking of my answer, but they'd have to cough up some serious cash cause bills aren't cheap and i need to buy more useless shit.

MaryhillVibe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
Re: $$$$
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »
I dont have a "core" sponsor... :'(

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »
i'd probably go for ten grand, fuck it

Bit steep, let me counter offer with $15.

ZEBRA

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »
Depends how much I was getting from my current sponsor. If I was living inside my means and still barely making end meet, and I had a bunch of bills stacked up, I would go corporate for more money.

If you're living inside your means and still not making it, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Depends how much I was getting from my current sponsor. If I was living inside my means and still barely making end meet, and I had a bunch of bills stacked up, I would go corporate for more money.

If you're living inside your means and still not making it, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Well maybe the people aren't making it, because other selfish assholes promote huge corporate brands that destroy core skateboard companies. 

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »
It really depends too. If I ride for say... Dekline and was approached by Nike, i'd just do it since I wear dunks alot anyway. But if I rode for like Emerica or something, I probably wouldn't do it no matter what. Sometimes you gotta take the rest of your life into consideration though, selling out sucks but you still gotta get that bread sometimes since you cant skate forever.

With energy drinks like Monster and Red Bull though, I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. I wouldn't be able to live with myself or put one of those hats or stickers on. I hate them so fucking much its indescribable.

SheepShagger

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »
It really depends too. If I ride for say... Dekline and was approached by Nike, i'd just do it since I wear dunks alot anyway. But if I rode for like Emerica or something, I probably wouldn't do it no matter what. Sometimes you gotta take the rest of your life into consideration though, selling out sucks but you still gotta get that bread sometimes since you cant skate forever.

With energy drinks like Monster and Red Bull though, I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. I wouldn't be able to live with myself or put one of those hats or stickers on. I hate them so fucking much its indescribable.

Money makes people do things really easily.  It's kind of ridiculous to even speculate.   It's easy to say you wouldn't do something with no contract in front of you.

In general for a corporate sponsor, I'd expect corporate money.  100 grand minimum, plus benefits. If you were bringing such value on the suit side of things you'd be compensated well.

cheesychip

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
I'd sell out and so would all of you. Wouldn't take much convincing
''Your talk,'' I said, "is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand.''
― Flann O'Brien,

doublesteveburger

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »
yeah i'd probably suck a dick for five hundred bucks.
if nike offered me a rediculous amount of money, i'd probably suck two.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »
i'd sell out.

not lutzka level sell out but i'd ride for the "corporate" shoe companies and maybe an energy drink sponsor if they don't make me wear a patch on my hat or a monster wristband.

most pro skaters don't care about the industry so why would i?

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
Does anyone know how much some of these guys' contracts are worth?

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »
Does anyone know how much some of these guys' contracts are worth?
Heard a long time ago that Janoski and Omar were getting $120K/ year. This was before they had pro shoes.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
how the fuck do you correlate how much one would wanna get paid to do a  blow job with one quitting their sponsors? you're also asking the message board like so many sponsored people come on here
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

doublesteveburger

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
how the fuck do you correlate how much one would wanna get paid to do a  blow job with one quitting their sponsors? you're also asking the message board like so many sponsored people come on here
dude Jesus Christ how did you not understand, you're blowing my fucking mind right now. It's a hypothetical question for what you would do if you were in said scenario/situation.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 06:05:56 PM »

Oh you sneaky little bitch...

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
I'd sell out more than Theotis.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
I turned down a sponsor once.

#corefaggot4life

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
how the fuck do you correlate how much one would wanna get paid to do a  blow job with one quitting their sponsors? you're also asking the message board like so many sponsored people come on here
[close]
dude Jesus Christ how did you not understand, you're blowing my fucking mind right now. It's a hypothetical question for what you would do if you were in said scenario/situation.

the reason i don't understand you're original question is because it doesn't make sense to me. it doesn't make sense because you're asking
what's the least amount of money you'd accept to quit your 'core' sponsor and get on something corperate? (nike, monster, redbull etc.)
with out giving a $ figure of what the original "core" sponsor would be theoretically paying you versus how much the corporate one is paying you. you're not giving any numbers to back your question up.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:37:54 PM by fulfillthedream »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:47 PM »
posting in the "i don't ever have to worry about having to make this decision in real life" thread.

Pearl

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 11:22:54 PM »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:56:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Money makes people do things really easily.  It's kind of ridiculous to even speculate.   It's easy to say you wouldn't do something with no contract in front of you.

In general for a corporate sponsor, I'd expect corporate money.  100 grand minimum, plus benefits. If you were bringing such value on the suit side of things you'd be compensated well.

You're right, money does make people do things. If I had the chance, I'd go with adidas, nike, cons or whoever paid alot. Maybe even fucking New Balance, cause you kinda have to sometimes even if youre not that stoked on it I guess.

I really cant see myself going with an energy drink sponsor though, I hate it more than rollerblading and scooters combined. I dont drink it and im disgusted by everything about them. Selling out to one of them would feel like selling my own mother or something. All im saying is that sometimes you have to separate bad from bad. Like a corporate shoe sponsor from fucking monster who poison kids and make billions off of it.

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:09 AM »
Id have an energy drink sponsor yeah. I wouldnt wear the gay wristbands, just slap a couple stickers on my deck. Wouldnt do it for less than 75 grand. Need a retirement fund somehow.
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

StopSnitchinCuz

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »
Id have an energy drink sponsor yeah. I wouldnt wear the gay wristbands, just slap a couple stickers on my deck. Wouldnt do it for less than 75 grand. Need a retirement fund somehow.

If youre not one of VERY few people in the industry, you wouldnt see anything close to that in 2013

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
I'm shallow so I'd definitely sell out super quick, sadly
fuck

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 10:43:39 AM »
A little off topic here, sponsorship and skateboarding do not go hand in hand. Unless you are ridiculously talented I wouldn't recommend approaching skating as a career. You can make a lot more money, have a lot more time to skate and keep skating as play if you choose something else. Just a thought.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -112
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
A little off topic here, sponsorship and skateboarding do not go hand in hand. Unless you are ridiculously talented I wouldn't recommend approaching skating as a career. You can make a lot more money, have a lot more time to skate and keep skating as play if you choose something else. Just a thought.

You make a good point but that's where you're wrong to make a lot of money you have to put in alot of hard work,leaving less time to skate.

otis shredding

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »
30 thousand 100 million.... ha..... swaaaaaaaaaagg

nutsack nipples

• Rep: 8
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
I'd ride for A&W for a free six pack and a hat

sheboyganheadben

• Rep: -21
  • shotgun to the dick
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
Expand Quote
i'd probably go for ten grand, fuck it
[close]

Bit steep, let me counter offer with $15.

sold. i'll take my blowjob asap. i'm in denver.

"One time I was on mushrooms and I was skating vert and it was kill. Everything turned into sequences. Kickflips would be like: click, click, click...It was Kill"-Darren Navarette