Author Topic: Are footprint insoles worth it?  (Read 6290 times)

kitcatski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Are footprint insoles worth it?
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2024, 09:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think this has something to do with a company called Inventel.. if you look at that counterfeit page on the "fake" fp-insoles site it mentions that "Inventel LLC has no tolerance for counterfeiting".

If you Google Inventel it looks to be a company that is supposed to help other companies with marketing and scaling their products. They have some bad Google reviews that claim that they "take successful products and try to rip of their customers with a downgraded version and cut the price in half". This seems to be in line with what's happening to the fp-insoles site..

There also looks to be a court case that was recently opened by Inventel against FP insoles https://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-jersey/njdce/2:2024cv00861/540390
[close]
Thank you. I look forward to following this.

That anti-counterfeit statement on the “fake” site really seemed kind of fishy.  Especially with the sudden 50% off when it was 30% last week.

And then with the “real” site saying “the new insoles can only be purchased here”… it just further messed with my head thinking: “so which website has the fake knockoffs?”

And. Furthermore: the only shoes you can buy on the “real” site are the Desenczo DG3’s in blue? Is there really no stock at all left of ANY of the other FP shoes??

Something’s up.

Check the bottom of your FP Intercepts: something’s smelly.

What if… what if this Inventel owns the proprietary insole formula used in NASA, etc. and JB owes them big money for the product. And now they had to resort to liquidating whatever stock they could in a fire-sale to recoup losses?

Or what if, all the remaining stock JB owes money on, and the company that produced it has to resort to stealing a website to sell off whatever they can to get recouped.

:o

Ignoring those conspiracy theories, I’m very interested to see where this ends up. And I really hope it’s not what I just dreamt up, because I’d really like to hear something positive these days…
[close]

This is pretty interesting considering I had made a post that recent stock of FP were extremely low quality cheap foam compared to their previous products.
[close]
Indeed.

I don’t know what to believe anymore, and they’re not making it easy to figure out.

I had ordered from the fp-insoles site a few days ago with that 50% sale. After seeing the Inventel stuff I wanted to see if they would actually ship so I didn't do a chargeback on my credit card. I just got a notification that it did ship, so let's see the quality of whatever I end up getting  :o

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • sup dog
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2024, 02:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think this has something to do with a company called Inventel.. if you look at that counterfeit page on the "fake" fp-insoles site it mentions that "Inventel LLC has no tolerance for counterfeiting".

If you Google Inventel it looks to be a company that is supposed to help other companies with marketing and scaling their products. They have some bad Google reviews that claim that they "take successful products and try to rip of their customers with a downgraded version and cut the price in half". This seems to be in line with what's happening to the fp-insoles site..

There also looks to be a court case that was recently opened by Inventel against FP insoles https://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-jersey/njdce/2:2024cv00861/540390
[close]
Thank you. I look forward to following this.

That anti-counterfeit statement on the “fake” site really seemed kind of fishy.  Especially with the sudden 50% off when it was 30% last week.

And then with the “real” site saying “the new insoles can only be purchased here”… it just further messed with my head thinking: “so which website has the fake knockoffs?”

And. Furthermore: the only shoes you can buy on the “real” site are the Desenczo DG3’s in blue? Is there really no stock at all left of ANY of the other FP shoes??

Something’s up.

Check the bottom of your FP Intercepts: something’s smelly.

What if… what if this Inventel owns the proprietary insole formula used in NASA, etc. and JB owes them big money for the product. And now they had to resort to liquidating whatever stock they could in a fire-sale to recoup losses?

Or what if, all the remaining stock JB owes money on, and the company that produced it has to resort to stealing a website to sell off whatever they can to get recouped.

:o

Ignoring those conspiracy theories, I’m very interested to see where this ends up. And I really hope it’s not what I just dreamt up, because I’d really like to hear something positive these days…
[close]

This is pretty interesting considering I had made a post that recent stock of FP were extremely low quality cheap foam compared to their previous products.
[close]
Indeed.

I don’t know what to believe anymore, and they’re not making it easy to figure out.
[close]

I had ordered from the fp-insoles site a few days ago with that 50% sale. After seeing the Inventel stuff I wanted to see if they would actually ship so I didn't do a chargeback on my credit card. I just got a notification that it did ship, so let's see the quality of whatever I end up getting  :o
What an exciting adventure. Please do share.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 959
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2024, 02:43:53 PM »

So just like Bones bearings and Spitfire wheels, maybe the counterfeit insole market was deemed the next best thing to get in on?

Either way, I haven't tried any for ages and the old stock I have from the last order through a registered distributor is still good, so said one guy who bought a pair not too long ago.

Curious to hear more though...

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2024, 10:09:38 PM »
I bought some gamechangers from a skateshop in here but they came just with the crappy plastic wrapping, I'll post photos later.
They feel just ok, nothing game changing for sure.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ponzischeme

• Rep: 0
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2024, 09:10:12 AM »

FP had it coming. This is karma at its finest. Their whole marketing ploy is BS. They should have been minding their own business but they weren’t and got backdoored because of it. Now they’re getting f*cked and nobody feels sorry for those pricks  ;D

seabassbooster

• Rep: 4
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2024, 12:05:20 PM »
i got the action sports gel because of this post but i ordered the mid option 7mm to 5mm toe and i ended up getting sent the high. do you have the high? i’m also running blazers and janoskis. you feel like your foot will sit too high or nah?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2024, 02:11:46 PM »
i got the action sports gel because of this post but i ordered the mid option 7mm to 5mm toe and i ended up getting sent the high. do you have the high? i’m also running blazers and janoskis. you feel like your foot will sit too high or nah?
The high replaces a Etnies insole with an already thick insole, really well.

do the blazers have a thin insole stock or thick? If it’s thick then it’ll work well.

If it’s thin, then you’ll def feel like you’re floating.

But it may still be fine since blazers are vulc and not high to start with.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2024, 03:47:23 PM »
Anybody got updates from ordering from the “hacked” site?

seabassbooster

• Rep: 4
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2024, 07:32:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do the blazers have a thin insole stock or thick? If it’s thick then it’ll work well.

i ended up giving them to a friend who skates in halfcabs since the insoles sat way too high. fp as a company can suck it, sent them a message asking if i could return them since they sent me the wrong product (10mm/5mm when i ordered 7mm/5mm) and never got back to me. ive always rocked the 5mm flat insoles but wanted just a little more heel padding to match with the blazer insole. the insoles work but the company sucks  :-[

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2024, 06:48:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i ended up giving them to a friend who skates in halfcabs since the insoles sat way too high. fp as a company can suck it, sent them a message asking if i could return them since they sent me the wrong product (10mm/5mm when i ordered 7mm/5mm) and never got back to me. ive always rocked the 5mm flat insoles but wanted just a little more heel padding to match with the blazer insole. the insoles work but the company sucks  :-[
The company doesn’t give me feelings of confidence, either.

They should license the formula or sell it outright to another skate shoe company. The green stuff is really great. But the company, yeah, it’s a mess.