Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357589 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1440 on: May 09, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are those the shit Blazers or are they good again? I noticed the toe cap difference so I'm assuming it's not that LR trash.
[close]
Those are the Blazer Mid LRs (shit blazers) but the Two Up White canvas ones are the original high ones with the air insole.
[close]
Actually they are the blazer premium le, standard blazer fit with a new mesh liner, screened on swoosh and the hyper screened toe cap ala Lance Mountain. They have the standard zoom air insole as well.

have you skated them? 

why did they stop making regular blazers?  seemed like pretty much everyone loved them
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

b.v.

« Reply #1441 on: May 09, 2014, 01:44:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are those the shit Blazers or are they good again? I noticed the toe cap difference so I'm assuming it's not that LR trash.
[close]
Those are the Blazer Mid LRs (shit blazers) but the Two Up White canvas ones are the original high ones with the air insole.
[close]
Actually they are the blazer premium le, standard blazer fit with a new mesh liner, screened on swoosh and the hyper screened toe cap ala Lance Mountain. They have the standard zoom air insole as well.
[close]

have you skated them? 

why did they stop making regular blazers?  seemed like pretty much everyone loved them
I don't think they officially discontinued og blazers, just not always offered which is weird.
I haven't personally skated the new version but have friends who skated booth and said the difference was negligible. The shape looks identical, so I would imagine they're gonna skate the same, the toecap just adds some durability. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1442 on: May 09, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1443 on: May 09, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
^ Is the entire sole foam like the Etnies Highlight?

The whole "Lunarlon" thing seems like a gimmick. On one shoe Lunarlon is super dense rubber-like foam, on another shoe it is a thick, soft, cushy insole.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1444 on: May 09, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »

The whole "Lunarlon" thing seems like a gimmick. On one shoe Lunarlon is super dense rubber-like foam, on another shoe it is a thick, soft, cushy insole.

Lunarlon is the actual foam material. Shoes like the kostons have the beefier lunarlon insole with a thinner cupsole while something like the PRod 7's & the Gato's actually have the lunarlon built in as part of the midsole, and those have much thinner insoles. I dunno about the insoles they have in shoes like the kostons but as far as the BA's, PRods, & even the Gatos, the foam in the midsole cushions impact pretty well & down compress as easily.

really all that shit is just Nike's version of the XLK sole, or the g4 foam or whatever. its all more or less the same shit which makes me laugh when people try to say one is better than the other. ive actually skated XLKs & G6 soles so like i said, its all pretty much the same technology, just different branding.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1445 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

have you skated them? 

[close]
I don't think they officially discontinued og blazers, just not always offered which is weird.
I haven't personally skated the new version but have friends who skated booth and said the difference was negligible. The shape looks identical, so I would imagine they're gonna skate the same, the toecap just adds some durability. 

good to hear
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1446 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:58 PM »
maybe it's just me but i feel like having a white sole looks abysmal

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1447 on: May 09, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »
Those Janoski's look like they're quality. Here's hoping they end up at the outlets.

m477

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1448 on: May 09, 2014, 09:13:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lunarlon is the actual foam material. Shoes like the kostons have the beefier lunarlon insole with a thinner cupsole while something like the PRod 7's & the Gato's actually have the lunarlon built in as part of the midsole, and those have much thinner insoles. I dunno about the insoles they have in shoes like the kostons but as far as the BA's, PRods, & even the Gatos, the foam in the midsole cushions impact pretty well & down compress as easily.

really all that shit is just Nike's version of the XLK sole, or the g4 foam or whatever. its all more or less the same shit which makes me laugh when people try to say one is better than the other. ive actually skated XLKs & G6 soles so like i said, its all pretty much the same technology, just different branding.
Yeah, I have the kostons and the BAs, both have lunarlon but they're completely different from each other. The Kostons sit low to the ground and have excellent board feel, while the BA sits higher and feels like a nike air cross trainer with skateshoe grip.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1449 on: May 10, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
Nike SB Lunar Gato:

I wish this was just black and white with no green

buy gato keep em alive!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:18:59 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

eatshitbum

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1450 on: May 11, 2014, 11:55:04 PM »
just saw these two also, sorry if ABP (taken from http://www.nikeblog.com/2014/04/24/nike-lunar-stefan-janoski-two-colorways/).

really like the grey/gum but I'm a sucker for gum soles

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1451 on: May 12, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
yup them grey\gums are truly delightful

when they droppin

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1452 on: May 12, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know when the janoski lunarlons (b/w) are going to drop?  
[close]
Tomorrow :)

http://nikeinc.com/news/effortless-the-nike-sb-lunar-stefan-janoski

Ty man but I can't find them on nike.com for the life of me and from what I can tell they haven't been released in the US yet, only Europe??
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:09:14 AM by drewdown »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1453 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:27 AM »
just saw these two also, sorry if ABP (taken from http://www.nikeblog.com/2014/04/24/nike-lunar-stefan-janoski-two-colorways/).

really like the grey/gum but I'm a sucker for gum soles

These look like something the girls on that show "Dance Moms" would wear while dancing to "2 Legit 2 Qwit"

boardnews

• Rep: -12
    • BOARDNEWS avatar image
« Reply #1454 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone know when the janoski lunarlons (b/w) are going to drop?  
[close]
Tomorrow :)

http://nikeinc.com/news/effortless-the-nike-sb-lunar-stefan-janoski
[close]

Ty man but I can't find them on nike.com for the life of me and from what I can tell they haven't been released in the US yet, only Europe??
I talked with Nike SB distributor and he told me that Lunar Janoskis now are Quickstrike for few skateshops worldwide and official release will be in July

www.skatebn.com

@MRBOARDNEWS ON INSTAGRAM

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1455 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
Gumsole lunarlon is the best thing Nike has made in years. Those grey ones will be mine.

b.v.

« Reply #1456 on: May 12, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »
Are you guys all aware retail on Lunar Janoski's is $110?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1457 on: May 12, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »

Of course, dude. It's mom's money, anyways!

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1458 on: May 12, 2014, 03:36:10 PM »
usually you can wait a couple months and find them on sale somewhere. I dont even know whens the last time i paid full price for some nikes i usually get shit in the $40-$75 range for a shoe that lasts months. i bet you can find those shits for like $85 two months after they come out. Ive been saying they need to make a cupsole janoski for the longest so i like them. dont know if id actually ever end up buy them myself, but i know that silhouette on a performance cupsole should skate pretty damn good.

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #1459 on: May 12, 2014, 03:47:14 PM »
usually you can wait a couple months and find them on sale somewhere. I dont even know whens the last time i paid full price for some nikes i usually get shit in the $40-$75 range for a shoe that lasts months. i bet you can find those shits for like $85 two months after they come out. Ive been saying they need to make a cupsole janoski for the longest so i like them. dont know if id actually ever end up buy them myself, but i know that silhouette on a performance cupsole should skate pretty damn good.

u outlet shopping ass bum. getcha paper up, #2014SWAG #2014SK8LIFE #WE_BALLIN_WILL_NOT
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1460 on: May 12, 2014, 04:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

u outlet shopping ass bum. getcha paper up, #2014SWAG #2014SK8LIFE #WE_BALLIN_WILL_NOT

if i wanted to ball on your clown ass I would take you my favorite stair spot or show you my exotic weed collection. We could also play basketball forreal and im pretty sure id beat you in that too if you really wanna take it there, but dont even come at me with this "i get money" nonsense because im smart enough to not pay more for something than i have to  ::)

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #1461 on: May 12, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if i wanted to ball on your clown ass I would take you my favorite stair spot or show you my exotic weed collection. We could also play basketball forreal and im pretty sure id beat you in that too if you really wanna take it there, but dont even come at me with this "i get money" nonsense because im smart enough to not pay more for something than i have to  ::)

first of all you need to relax, im just giving you a hard time. im a sucker for a nike sale too :P

youd definitely beat me at basketball. your "weed collection" wouldnt do much for me though, you happened to say this to someone who has a history similar the person two or three guys up (maybe more depending on the pyramid) from who you get your stuff from.

youll always be diet drake to me <3  #LIGHTSKINNEDBROTHAS2012
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:34:34 PM by Aidan Clarke »
#crackkka

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1462 on: May 12, 2014, 04:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if i wanted to ball on your clown ass I would take you my favorite stair spot or show you my exotic weed collection. We could also play basketball forreal and im pretty sure id beat you in that too if you really wanna take it there, but dont even come at me with this "i get money" nonsense because im smart enough to not pay more for something than i have to  ::)

[close]

first of all you need to relax, im just giving you a hard time. im a sucker for a nike sale too :P

youd definitely beat me at basketball. your "weed collection" wouldnt do much for me though, you happened to say this to someone who has a history similar the person two or three guys up (maybe more depending on the pyramid) from who you get your stuff from.

??? ??? ??? My local dispensary? Im a state-registered MMJ patient man i have absolutely no idea who you're referring to? Are you high? *walks away nervously*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:42:20 PM by W.easley »

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #1463 on: May 12, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

??? ??? ??? My local dispensary? Im a state-registered MMJ patient man i have absolutely no idea who you're referring to? Are you high? *walks away nervously*

i thought you were from new york. we dont have dispensaries, we have industrial park warehouses. what i touch down on is sold in dispensaries in the states that have them though, i even get the bullshit ass weed lollipops and butter and all that dumb shit.

i dont get high though
#crackkka

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1464 on: May 12, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Alternatively:

I have a full-time job that allows expendable income with which I can purchase things to enjoy.

b.v.

« Reply #1465 on: May 12, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Alternatively:

I have a full-time job that allows expendable income with which I can purchase things to enjoy.
For sure, me too. Just haven't willing spent that much on shoes to skate ever, and people seemed to be eagerly awaiting them at that price.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1466 on: May 13, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »
Damn $110 US, Oneshots retail down here for $160 which is insane for a skate shoe, could only imagine how the janoskis are gonna be priced

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: May 13, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »
After skating the Oneshot and the Project BA, I have no problem spending that money on a shoe I won't skate. My chiller Janoskis have lasted almost 2 years, so I can only imagine the lunarlon will be even better.

I've wanted a casual shoe with substantial support that doesn't look like a mall walker for forever. I was about to buy a pair of Swingtips online before I saw these. I hope my shop gets them soon.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #1468 on: May 13, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
Man, if you want a chiller that's really easy on your feet, get some Rosh Runs by Nike. You look like an accountant/spaceman but they're so comfortable and really breathable. 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1469 on: May 13, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »
Man, if you want a chiller that's really easy on your feet, get some Rosh Runs by Nike. You look like an accountant/spaceman but they're so comfortable and really breathable. 

Have you seen the new slip-on versions? lol i actually kinda fucks with those pretty heavy. If i ever saw the right color way on sale id pick up a pair.

The FreeRun/AirMax sole they use on these R&R models is great tho. I got the prod7 hyperfuse Hi's and they're basically an all-purpose athletic shoe. I use em for working out, hiking, or whenever i know ima be on my feet all day. Ill probably end up picking up the black/white janoski max's eventually