Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1082869 times)

dstrytruitt (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1085
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1560 on: May 31, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #1561 on: May 31, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
Nike is liking these garbage colorways recently...

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1562 on: May 31, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
I always thought SB should do real simple colour ways for skateshops. Black white/ black gum/ navy/ burgundy etc real clean combinations basically and keep that regular with all there core styles. Then if they want to do bullshit colourways like the above put those in malls and chain stores so idiots with no taste can buy them.
Just reading or hearing the words Nick and Tucker together sends me into a terrible, velvet rage.

Stab n Kill

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1563 on: May 31, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »
http://www.pickyourshoes.com/items.asp?pid=676&productcode=10

There are a ton of Nike SB Blazers on this site, some sold out and some not.  Has anyone ever ordered from them before? 

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1564 on: May 31, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »
I always thought SB should do real simple colour ways for skateshops. Black white/ black gum/ navy/ burgundy etc real clean combinations basically and keep that regular with all there core styles. Then if they want to do bullshit colourways like the above put those in malls and chain stores so idiots with no taste can buy them.

those ugly/shit colored dunks make shops ALOT Of money.. you've never seen those idiots lined up outside skateshops for releases of dunk color ways?

id rather see my local shop owner getting the money off those shit colors of dunks versus footlocker
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1565 on: May 31, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »
A reminder of what July and August have to offer:
http://issuu.com/vsd-preorder/docs/nikesbjul14

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1566 on: May 31, 2014, 10:15:10 PM »

There are a ton of Nike SB Blazers on this site, some sold out and some not.  Has anyone ever ordered from them before? 

Yeah, PYS is a legit site. Bought 3-4 pairs from them before.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1567 on: June 01, 2014, 03:11:48 AM »

those ugly/shit colored dunks make shops ALOT Of money.. you've never seen those idiots lined up outside skateshops for releases of dunk color ways?

id rather see my local shop owner getting the money off those shit colors of dunks versus footlocker

I worked in a skater owned shop for 6 years and maybe when I started out that shit was true but nowadays in Europe no one seems to care the same way about them like they used too. I honestly think shoppers would prefer the basic colourways and shop owners would make more money consistently. Rather than a little injection of sales that ultimately doesn't make a dent on outgoings half the time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:04:16 PM by GershonSweaty »
Just reading or hearing the words Nick and Tucker together sends me into a terrible, velvet rage.

Monkeybusiness

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1568 on: June 01, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
A reminder of what July and August have to offer:
http://issuu.com/vsd-preorder/docs/nikesbjul14

I do not usually buy Nike shoes, but man those all black Lunar Janoski's look solid!

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #1569 on: June 01, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
Holiday Gatos
"fucking wheel feel off"

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1570 on: June 01, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »
Look's like I'll be getting those white/gum ones Gato's.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1571 on: June 01, 2014, 12:30:01 PM »
Look's like I'll be getting those white/gum ones Gato's.

yeah i always though the Gato's were cool just something I wouldn't actually wear but that colorway is sooo clean, I might snag those up eventually. I kinda like those grey/black ones too

juhzden

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1572 on: June 01, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »

Yea, they're legit.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1573 on: June 01, 2014, 09:09:48 PM »
I tried out some BAs and they felt pretty great. Is it dumb that I don't want to buy them because they look like Seinfeld shoes?

I'd much rather look down and see the Gatos or something.

Do the Gatos have less padding than a Dunk (my bare minimum)? What about the P. Rod 7?

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1574 on: June 01, 2014, 10:21:26 PM »
I tried out some BAs and they felt pretty great. Is it dumb that I don't want to buy them because they look like Seinfeld shoes?

Do the Gatos have less padding than a Dunk (my bare minimum)? What about the P. Rod 7?

Ive tried on my friends & id say the Gato's have just a tad more cushion that dunks (at least if only in the heel) because of the lunarlon midsole. P.Rod 7's have a little bit more lunarlon cushioning in the back/midfoot area but the forefoot is about the same as the other two so boardfeel is still solid. Id say if anything the Gato's just have that "pointy shoe" feel kinda like the busenitz but in a Nike shoe. Its not really a "jump down el toro" type of shoe but there's plenty cushioning for people who do more tech shit and if you DO decide to jump down something, you should be alright unless its huge. Personally, I've already skated thru about 5 pairs of the PRods and have more in rotation at the moment, so obviously ima back those as well, but if you're digging the gatos then you probably won't be disappointed with how they skate

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1575 on: June 02, 2014, 12:11:48 PM »

one, yes its dumb cause the BAs are great!
two. the gatos are fine too. just started skating a pair. not as padded as the BA, and less breathable.
my feet didn't hunt after a 3 or 4 hour sesh. and thats pretty much my marker for comfort.
though i don't think i'd buy another pair of gato's. i think the BAs are better. and the same price. soo.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1576 on: June 02, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

Young Satchel

« Reply #1577 on: June 03, 2014, 03:49:59 PM »
Gatos took me quite a while to break in and after a couple weeks I figured I wouldn't want another pair. A few months in I definitely want another pair.

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
« Reply #1578 on: June 03, 2014, 07:20:01 PM »

i'm on my second pair of Gato's and I'll be getting a third.

There's less padding in them than a pair of dunks, and they aren't the most supportive shoes.  all that being said, they last very long, are thin but the lunarlon packs a hell of a punch.  i've jumped down some big shit in the last few months and had no problems, when my usual pair of blazers/half cabs would have murdered my feet.  they are fucking fantastic, and you can't get a cooler looking shoe.  get a pair of black levis, a camo t shirt and you get to feel like daniel shimizu in that's life.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #1579 on: June 04, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »

There's less padding in them than a pair of dunks, and they aren't the most supportive shoes.  all that being said, they last very long, are thin but the lunarlon packs a hell of a punch.  i've jumped down some big shit in the last few months and had no problems, when my usual pair of blazers/half cabs would have murdered my feet.  they are fucking fantastic, and you can't get a cooler looking shoe.  get a pair of black levis, a camo t shirt and you get to feel like daniel shimizu in that's life.

Got damn I know what shoes I'm wearing today.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1580 on: June 04, 2014, 08:08:11 AM »

What's the sizing? like Dunks or like Blazers?

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: June 04, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »
Just  as Ripped Laces Instagram said, "Aren't you glad these #janoski mid samples never came out? "
http://www.rippedlaces.com/

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1582 on: June 04, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #1583 on: June 04, 2014, 10:27:38 PM »
Just  as Ripped Laces Instagram said, "Aren't you glad these #janoski mid samples never came out? "
http://www.rippedlaces.com/

I am deeply saddened.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1584 on: June 07, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
anybody have a quality picture of the Quartersnacks dunk?
"fucking wheel feel off"

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
« Reply #1585 on: June 07, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »

I wore an 8.5 in a Blazer

And now I wear a 9 in a Gato.  8.5 in a Gato was too snug.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1586 on: June 07, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »

All I can find for now.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1587 on: June 08, 2014, 06:10:56 AM »

I wore an 8.5 in a Blazer

And now I wear a 9 in a Gato.  8.5 in a Gato was too snug.
Ok thanks :)

b.v.

« Reply #1588 on: June 08, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »

All I can find for now.

Here it is

VCR

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1589 on: June 08, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
Thanks! Looks like a nice skateable colorway.
"fucking wheel feel off"