Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357591 times)

Jacorpes and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1740 on: July 17, 2014, 05:55:06 PM »
LOL @ those fake ass 6.0 BA's up there ^^

foureyedjim

« Reply #1741 on: July 17, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

nike steals their own rider's shoe designs so they don't have to pay royalties. lol.
I remember when osiris did that with Ali and Louie's shoes, but at least they were off the team by then.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1742 on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:41 PM »
I like those all black w/ gum.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1743 on: July 18, 2014, 01:09:23 AM »

what the fuck are those? and why would i want those when the BA's are available
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1744 on: July 18, 2014, 02:40:18 AM »
I think the whole "stealing their royalties" shit is way overblown. Y'all really think shoes like the Satire or rabona are stopping janoski & koston from cashing checks? Those wannabe BA's are gross & the only people buying it are people who already only buy generic shit anyways. Dude has hella new colorways for the regular BA's as well as the R&R versions, he ain't trippin over the lil K-mart pricepoint models

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1745 on: July 18, 2014, 05:43:40 AM »
I think the whole "stealing their royalties" shit is way overblown. Y'all really think shoes like the Satire or rabona are stopping janoski & koston from cashing checks? Those wannabe BA's are gross & the only people buying it are people who already only buy generic shit anyways. Dude has hella new colorways for the regular BA's as well as the R&R versions, he ain't trippin over the lil K-mart pricepoint models

It may be but you can't say that it doesn't water down appeal of their original designs.

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1746 on: July 18, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
i need another pair of black gum dunks! i haven't bought the dunk in years.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1747 on: July 19, 2014, 02:48:24 AM »

Fuck nike, but legit all black murdered out cupsole shoe is what my feet are itching for.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #1748 on: July 19, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

foureyedjim

« Reply #1749 on: July 19, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It may be but you can't say that it doesn't water down appeal of their original designs.
It's the principle of it.  To me it's kind of disrespectful of a company to take the design of one of their own riders shoes (which hasn't even been out for that long) and rehash it as something else. 

The way I see it, Nike has the money to test out these rehashes in the market and they can always pull them off the catalog if they don't sell.  Just look at the team editions.  Those were clearly based off the janoski's and they ended up doing pretty well. 

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1750 on: July 19, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It's the principle of it.  To me it's kind of disrespectful of a company to take the design of one of their own riders shoes (which hasn't even been out for that long) and rehash it as something else. 

The way I see it, Nike has the money to test out these rehashes in the market and they can always pull them off the catalog if they don't sell.  Just look at the team editions.  Those were clearly based off the janoski's and they ended up doing pretty well. 

What about Dekline then? All their shoes look exactly the same. Is that disrespectful to Chad Tim Tim or whoever else has a pro model over there? I think they just pump out as much as they can because it's gonna get sold somewhere. Skateshop, foot locker, Ross. Wherever

foureyedjim

« Reply #1751 on: July 19, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What about Dekline then? All their shoes look exactly the same. Is that disrespectful to Chad Tim Tim or whoever else has a pro model over there? I think they just pump out as much as they can because it's gonna get sold somewhere. Skateshop, foot locker, Ross. Wherever

Yeah that's the idea behind it.  Not everyone goes into the nike store or whatever and knows exactly what they want.  At the end of the day, "any pair of nikes will do."  I'm pretty sure most of the population is like that.  So nike has more to gain by selling the uglier "lower tier" shoes at large chain stores without any royalties attached to it, because it'll probably sell more than the signature shoes at smaller number of skate shops.

I don't know about dekline though.  I suppose if they released some team shoes that looked just like Chad's shoes after they've been out, it's a bit disrespectful, although looking through their catalog, pretty much all their shoes look relatively the same...so it's not really the same principle

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #1752 on: July 20, 2014, 02:00:37 AM »
i hear nike doesn't give their riders royalties off a shoe.  they get bonuses instead.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1753 on: July 21, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1754 on: July 21, 2014, 04:51:58 PM »
Man. What the fuck is some of this fuck shit.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1755 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
Wondering if this colorway is gonna see the light of day?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #1756 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:16 PM »

This made me laugh but seriously, do they expect some of these colorways to sell? Or maybe they do sell.  ???

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1757 on: July 22, 2014, 01:09:01 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #1758 on: July 22, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This made me laugh but seriously, do they expect some of these colorways to sell? Or maybe they do sell.  ???
Same kids that think Neff hats are "cutting edge".

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1759 on: July 22, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
-Black Lunar Janoski-

Can't go wrong with that all black. Some black and gums would be sick too!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:54:39 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1760 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:12 PM »
Side view of the Brooklyn Projects "Paparazzi" Dunks

Lunar Mid Janoskis and in a spacey tie-dye!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1761 on: July 22, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »
More Brooklyn Projects "Paparazzi" Dunks photos.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1762 on: July 23, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »

i knew it wouldnt be long before there was a prod 8 that didnt make me want to vomit but that i would still never buy

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1763 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1764 on: July 23, 2014, 12:44:17 AM »
-Quartersnacks x SB-
is there a date on these yet? i dont wanna miss the day they go online/in store at supreme and/or labor because hypebeasts
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:06:17 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1765 on: July 23, 2014, 10:26:56 AM »
Question for anyone that would know...why do some colors of the Koston 2 come in tan/craft boxes and some colors come in the mint green SB box? Not that it's any big deal to me personally, just seems odd. Are some marked for Sports Retailers (i.e. Malls or Foot Locker) and others marked for Skate Shops?

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1766 on: July 23, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #1767 on: July 24, 2014, 06:45:51 AM »
I think I just vomited in my mouth a little... Bah.

Those pRods look allright... Except for the sole

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1768 on: July 24, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »
Saw the P. Rod 8s at some sporting goods store. I might buy them if they cost half as much. They seemed super flimsy so the price just seems bonkers (like the BAs and One Shots). At least I can see some of the material and workmanship costs in a pair of Dunks.

Also saw a bunch of BAs at a Zumiez (I was at a mall) and again, I don't get why these are so pricey. I had snagged a pair on sale a month ago but returned them because I felt like they were weirdly tight in the middle and a hair short and I wasn't sure if they'd break in. Maybe I'm just between sizes. Have you guys bought these on the small size to break-in or sized up? Since they are not super padded in the upper it seems like there is less size leeway.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1769 on: July 24, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »
Saw the P. Rod 8s at some sporting goods store. I might buy them if they cost half as much. They seemed super flimsy so the price just seems bonkers (like the BAs and One Shots). At least I can see some of the material and workmanship costs in a pair of Dunks.

Also saw a bunch of BAs at a Zumiez (I was at a mall) and again, I don't get why these are so pricey. I had snagged a pair on sale a month ago but returned them because I felt like they were weirdly tight in the middle and a hair short and I wasn't sure if they'd break in. Maybe I'm just between sizes. Have you guys bought these on the small size to break-in or sized up? Since they are not super padded in the upper it seems like there is less size leeway.

I had to go half a size up in the BA's. the 8's got that thin feeling on the upper but theres basically a sock with the flywire cables on the inside so its a lot more supportive than they look. Ive jumped down shit in mine & they definitely keep your feet cushioned & secure but in all honesty they should only be in the $90-$100 price range by nike standards. i think they set em at that price because they have all the features of the more modern bball shoes which are often in the same price range, but for $130 they should be damn near indestructible (think sky top 3s) and thats just not the case. They're good, but not $130 good. They are really nice for hooping & running tho lol