Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1085076 times)

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • pregnant pussy
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1770 on: July 19, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
I think the whole "stealing their royalties" shit is way overblown. Y'all really think shoes like the Satire or rabona are stopping janoski & koston from cashing checks? Those wannabe BA's are gross & the only people buying it are people who already only buy generic shit anyways. Dude has hella new colorways for the regular BA's as well as the R&R versions, he ain't trippin over the lil K-mart pricepoint models

It may be but you can't say that it doesn't water down appeal of their original designs.
It's the principle of it.  To me it's kind of disrespectful of a company to take the design of one of their own riders shoes (which hasn't even been out for that long) and rehash it as something else. 

The way I see it, Nike has the money to test out these rehashes in the market and they can always pull them off the catalog if they don't sell.  Just look at the team editions.  Those were clearly based off the janoski's and they ended up doing pretty well. 

What about Dekline then? All their shoes look exactly the same. Is that disrespectful to Chad Tim Tim or whoever else has a pro model over there? I think they just pump out as much as they can because it's gonna get sold somewhere. Skateshop, foot locker, Ross. Wherever

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1771 on: July 19, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
I think the whole "stealing their royalties" shit is way overblown. Y'all really think shoes like the Satire or rabona are stopping janoski & koston from cashing checks? Those wannabe BA's are gross & the only people buying it are people who already only buy generic shit anyways. Dude has hella new colorways for the regular BA's as well as the R&R versions, he ain't trippin over the lil K-mart pricepoint models

It may be but you can't say that it doesn't water down appeal of their original designs.
It's the principle of it.  To me it's kind of disrespectful of a company to take the design of one of their own riders shoes (which hasn't even been out for that long) and rehash it as something else. 

The way I see it, Nike has the money to test out these rehashes in the market and they can always pull them off the catalog if they don't sell.  Just look at the team editions.  Those were clearly based off the janoski's and they ended up doing pretty well. 

What about Dekline then? All their shoes look exactly the same. Is that disrespectful to Chad Tim Tim or whoever else has a pro model over there? I think they just pump out as much as they can because it's gonna get sold somewhere. Skateshop, foot locker, Ross. Wherever

Yeah that's the idea behind it.  Not everyone goes into the nike store or whatever and knows exactly what they want.  At the end of the day, "any pair of nikes will do."  I'm pretty sure most of the population is like that.  So nike has more to gain by selling the uglier "lower tier" shoes at large chain stores without any royalties attached to it, because it'll probably sell more than the signature shoes at smaller number of skate shops.

I don't know about dekline though.  I suppose if they released some team shoes that looked just like Chad's shoes after they've been out, it's a bit disrespectful, although looking through their catalog, pretty much all their shoes look relatively the same...so it's not really the same principle

AssBandit

• Rep: 59
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #1772 on: July 20, 2014, 02:00:37 AM »
i hear nike doesn't give their riders royalties off a shoe.  they get bonuses instead.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #1773 on: July 21, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »

Young Satchel

« Reply #1774 on: July 21, 2014, 04:51:58 PM »
Man. What the fuck is some of this fuck shit.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1775 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
Wondering if this colorway is gonna see the light of day?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #1776 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:16 PM »

This made me laugh but seriously, do they expect some of these colorways to sell? Or maybe they do sell.  ???

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1085
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #1777 on: July 22, 2014, 01:09:01 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • Die Slow
« Reply #1778 on: July 22, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »

This made me laugh but seriously, do they expect some of these colorways to sell? Or maybe they do sell.  ???
Same kids that think Neff hats are "cutting edge".

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1779 on: July 22, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
-Black Lunar Janoski-

Can't go wrong with that all black. Some black and gums would be sick too!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:54:39 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1780 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:12 PM »
Side view of the Brooklyn Projects "Paparazzi" Dunks

Lunar Mid Janoskis and in a spacey tie-dye!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1781 on: July 22, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »
More Brooklyn Projects "Paparazzi" Dunks photos.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1782 on: July 23, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »

i knew it wouldnt be long before there was a prod 8 that didnt make me want to vomit but that i would still never buy

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1783 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »

Still Tippin

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1784 on: July 23, 2014, 12:44:17 AM »
-Quartersnacks x SB-
is there a date on these yet? i dont wanna miss the day they go online/in store at supreme and/or labor because hypebeasts
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:06:17 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #1785 on: July 23, 2014, 10:26:56 AM »
Question for anyone that would know...why do some colors of the Koston 2 come in tan/craft boxes and some colors come in the mint green SB box? Not that it's any big deal to me personally, just seems odd. Are some marked for Sports Retailers (i.e. Malls or Foot Locker) and others marked for Skate Shops?

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1786 on: July 23, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1787 on: July 24, 2014, 06:45:51 AM »
I think I just vomited in my mouth a little... Bah.

Those pRods look allright... Except for the sole

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1788 on: July 24, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »
Saw the P. Rod 8s at some sporting goods store. I might buy them if they cost half as much. They seemed super flimsy so the price just seems bonkers (like the BAs and One Shots). At least I can see some of the material and workmanship costs in a pair of Dunks.

Also saw a bunch of BAs at a Zumiez (I was at a mall) and again, I don't get why these are so pricey. I had snagged a pair on sale a month ago but returned them because I felt like they were weirdly tight in the middle and a hair short and I wasn't sure if they'd break in. Maybe I'm just between sizes. Have you guys bought these on the small size to break-in or sized up? Since they are not super padded in the upper it seems like there is less size leeway.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1789 on: July 24, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »
Saw the P. Rod 8s at some sporting goods store. I might buy them if they cost half as much. They seemed super flimsy so the price just seems bonkers (like the BAs and One Shots). At least I can see some of the material and workmanship costs in a pair of Dunks.

Also saw a bunch of BAs at a Zumiez (I was at a mall) and again, I don't get why these are so pricey. I had snagged a pair on sale a month ago but returned them because I felt like they were weirdly tight in the middle and a hair short and I wasn't sure if they'd break in. Maybe I'm just between sizes. Have you guys bought these on the small size to break-in or sized up? Since they are not super padded in the upper it seems like there is less size leeway.

I had to go half a size up in the BA's. the 8's got that thin feeling on the upper but theres basically a sock with the flywire cables on the inside so its a lot more supportive than they look. Ive jumped down shit in mine & they definitely keep your feet cushioned & secure but in all honesty they should only be in the $90-$100 price range by nike standards. i think they set em at that price because they have all the features of the more modern bball shoes which are often in the same price range, but for $130 they should be damn near indestructible (think sky top 3s) and thats just not the case. They're good, but not $130 good. They are really nice for hooping & running tho lol

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1790 on: July 24, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »

Young Satchel

« Reply #1791 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:51 PM »
Oh cool, a shoe with a chinstrap.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1792 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »
Those are Hurrache SB? Not Koston 3's. I think.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:22:35 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1793 on: July 25, 2014, 12:39:56 AM »

I know what those are....fucking gross.

Sorry Tate. couldn't help it

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -201
« Reply #1794 on: July 25, 2014, 01:53:59 AM »

I had to go half a size up in the BA's. the 8's got that thin feeling on the upper but theres basically a sock with the flywire cables on the inside so its a lot more supportive than they look. Ive jumped down shit in mine & they definitely keep your feet cushioned & secure but in all honesty they should only be in the $90-$100 price range by nike standards. i think they set em at that price because they have all the features of the more modern bball shoes which are often in the same price range, but for $130 they should be damn near indestructible (think sky top 3s) and thats just not the case. They're good, but not $130 good. They are really nice for hooping & running tho lol

Dude, I mean d00d, how big is your weiner? I'm talking accurate measurements in inches, soft and hard. No metric system bullshit.

I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #1795 on: July 25, 2014, 03:52:55 AM »
Huarache SBs?!??

The end is nigh..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1796 on: July 25, 2014, 04:08:49 AM »
Huarache SBs?!??

The end is nigh..

I like'm! The white ones are fire! I love the classic huaraches and a skate version was something that i never thought. That rubber thing around the colar remembers me of my etnies highlight and that thing is awesome to help the shoe keep his shape and to save it from abrasion of heelflips.

They will for sure be overpriced though...  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

patob

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1797 on: July 25, 2014, 06:02:21 AM »
For me it's Koston 2 x heritage, like the previous version of koston one x heritage AM90

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #1798 on: July 25, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »
Actually they're both.

sports

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1799 on: July 25, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »

Anyone know when these are out? I can't tell if I like em or hate em.