Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1081203 times)

J.R.

• Rep: -39
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1860 on: August 08, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
Lunar Janoski Mid... Looks promising!

These look really good. And I just saw this morning they have the Koston Mid available on the Nike webstore.

Can anyone give me some feedback on the Lunar Gato? It caught my eye at the shop on Friday night. I tried it on and it felt decent enough. Maybe a little less heel lock than I was hoping for, but it felt nice and snug how I like. But I am curious how they skate?

the lunar gato is sick. the reinforcements around the toe and instep definitely make the shoe a bit more durable than the regular gato, and the lunarlon midsole does a good job absorbing shock in a lightweight package. theres no zoom air in the insole or anything, but i dont think its necessary either way. i used to skate a lot of the fc's when they were out, and this is a decent alternative. the only complaint that ive had is that the decorative stitching by the toe area that wraps around to the blade of your foot can start ripping quicker than a traditional solid one piece toe, but to me its still better than having an extra toe cap or something. the cup sole is nice and thin, so its not like youre sacrificing board feel.

idk if this will prove to be true for you, but i usually wear a 9.5 in dunks and i decided to buy a 10 in the lunar gatos, i found them to be a bit more comfortable and they fit me just fine. i also like the fact that the tongue isnt as big as a dunk low, but that opinion flip flops for me on a regular basis depending on how fucked up my feet are from skating. all in all, id definitely recommend it. especially since you can find good deals on them for cheap on the internet...

ferraveemo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1861 on: August 08, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »

These look really good. And I just saw this morning they have the Koston Mid available on the Nike webstore.

Can anyone give me some feedback on the Lunar Gato? It caught my eye at the shop on Friday night. I tried it on and it felt decent enough. Maybe a little less heel lock than I was hoping for, but it felt nice and snug how I like. But I am curious how they skate?

the lunar gato is sick. the reinforcements around the toe and instep definitely make the shoe a bit more durable than the regular gato, and the lunarlon midsole does a good job absorbing shock in a lightweight package. theres no zoom air in the insole or anything, but i dont think its necessary either way. i used to skate a lot of the fc's when they were out, and this is a decent alternative. the only complaint that ive had is that the decorative stitching by the toe area that wraps around to the blade of your foot can start ripping quicker than a traditional solid one piece toe, but to me its still better than having an extra toe cap or something. the cup sole is nice and thin, so its not like youre sacrificing board feel.

idk if this will prove to be true for you, but i usually wear a 9.5 in dunks and i decided to buy a 10 in the lunar gatos, i found them to be a bit more comfortable and they fit me just fine. i also like the fact that the tongue isnt as big as a dunk low, but that opinion flip flops for me on a regular basis depending on how fucked up my feet are from skating. all in all, id definitely recommend it. especially since you can find good deals on them for cheap on the internet...

My first pair(Black Suede/White Swoosh/Gum Sole) that i got, I wasn't so sure of the sizing. The shoe is really snugged! i realize that if i wear Stance Socks which are normally thicker than normal socks. Well they to make the toe area hurt like it's almost crunched & squeezed together because of the arrow head like toe cap. I've recently tried to size up by .5 and that solved the toe issue but i like how it still kept it sturdy and intact. I wonder if fully going a size up would solve the weirdness of the snug and toe issues so it's a little more balanced.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1084
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #1862 on: August 11, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:42:27 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1863 on: August 11, 2014, 03:21:29 PM »
just make a janoski pattern with pics of mini janoskis on it

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1864 on: August 11, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=67531.msg2192624#msg2192624 date=1407795689

Kids would camp out for that shit.

sports

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1865 on: August 11, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=67531.msg2192624#msg2192624 date=1407795689

the realest

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #1866 on: August 11, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
well... theres these!

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1867 on: August 11, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »

gatos are sick, too bad the black/white/gum are the only ones that look good

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1868 on: August 11, 2014, 08:10:39 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Butterz

• Rep: -7
    • http://instagram.com/swanfuck_inc
« Reply #1870 on: August 12, 2014, 02:00:54 AM »
This may sound stupid but are the air max janoskis and kostons meant for skating or for running?

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1871 on: August 12, 2014, 04:18:03 AM »
This may sound stupid but are the air max janoskis and kostons meant for skating or for running?
I saw some kook trying to skate in some Janoski Maxes a few months back and had a wee chuckle to myself.

I wouldn't recommend try to do either of them while wearing them to be honest. Air Maxes aren't even proper running shoes right?
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1872 on: August 12, 2014, 05:28:15 AM »
Black/gum Dunks. Salivating. Also,

the realest

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1873 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:56 AM »
I saw some kook trying to skate in some Janoski Maxes a few months back and had a wee chuckle to myself.

I wouldn't recommend try to do either of them while wearing them to be honest. Air Maxes aren't even proper running shoes right?

Air maxes are arguably the most popular running shoes of all time.

I have the prod7 hyperfuse with the same airmax sole and they're great for walking around in so I imagine the janoski air maxes's would be solid. I'd still say just get some roshes for $50 cheaper at the mall or some shit if you REALLY tryna get some shoes especially for running. if you wanna skate em tho I'd say get the LUNAR janoski's instead

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #1874 on: August 12, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
I really want to give the Koston Mid a go but the colors they've released them in so far have been a little unappealing.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1875 on: August 12, 2014, 11:50:16 AM »
Those all black janoski lunars... Are pretty damn cool.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1876 on: August 12, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »
Anyone know when the white gatos come out? I want

Young Satchel

« Reply #1877 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
Anyone know when the white gatos come out? I want

Holiday release

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #1878 on: August 12, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »

But dudes ain't running in them.  Proper running shoes are Asics.  hardcore runners done even fuck with flyknits or anything nike.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #1879 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:23 PM »

I have the prod7 hyperfuse with the same airmax sole and they're great for walking around in so I imagine the janoski air maxes's would be solid. I'd still say just get some roshes for $50 cheaper at the mall or some shit if you REALLY tryna get some shoes especially for running. if you wanna skate em tho I'd say get the LUNAR janoski's instead
Roshe runs are miserable running shoes. Absolutely miserable for the actual act of running. Great for just kicking around in. But bad for the feet when running. They aren't structured correctly

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1880 on: August 13, 2014, 05:39:35 AM »

Roshe runs are miserable running shoes. Absolutely miserable for the actual act of running. Great for just kicking around in. But bad for the feet when running. They aren't structured correctly

If you look at the reviews on Nike's website you see all sorts of complaints from people who tried running in Roshes only to have the uppers blow out. Nike's official response is "despite the name, these shoes are not meant for running."

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1881 on: August 13, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
My bad yall, I guess I only know everything half of the time. *shrugs*

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1882 on: August 13, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
My bad yall, I guess I only know everything half of the time. *shrugs*

:D :D :D :D :D

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1883 on: August 13, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »

If you look at the reviews on Nike's website you see all sorts of complaints from people who tried running in Roshes only to have the uppers blow out. Nike's official response is "despite the name, these shoes are not meant for running."
I tried playing indoor football (soccer) in my Roshes and rolled my ankle about 30 seconds into the game.

I've had problems with my kickflips ever since.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1884 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »
Nike SB Stefan Janoski EXP ? Obsidian ? Ivory

Still Tippin

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1885 on: August 14, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »

2:14. although i still wouldn't say they're "meant" for skating, i guess this is proof that they're not bad for it.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1886 on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
Nike Free SB:

Janoski:

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1887 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
Nike Free SB:

I'm not sure about the look of them...  ???
And that sole is not really well designed... There should be rubber bellow the big toe and in the heel drag zone, they're big abrasion points!

Another colorway:

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1888 on: August 17, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
Nike Free SB:

I'm not sure about the look of them...  ???
And that sole is not really well designed... There should be rubber bellow the big toe and in the heel drag zone, they're big abrasion points!

Another colorway:

looks like Nike will continue to take my money

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1889 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »
haha...gross