Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2359058 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1860 on: August 13, 2014, 05:39:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This may sound stupid but are the air max janoskis and kostons meant for skating or for running?
[close]
I saw some kook trying to skate in some Janoski Maxes a few months back and had a wee chuckle to myself.

I wouldn't recommend try to do either of them while wearing them to be honest. Air Maxes aren't even proper running shoes right?
[close]

Air maxes are arguably the most popular running shoes of all time.

I have the prod7 hyperfuse with the same airmax sole and they're great for walking around in so I imagine the janoski air maxes's would be solid. I'd still say just get some roshes for $50 cheaper at the mall or some shit if you REALLY tryna get some shoes especially for running. if you wanna skate em tho I'd say get the LUNAR janoski's instead
[close]
Roshe runs are miserable running shoes. Absolutely miserable for the actual act of running. Great for just kicking around in. But bad for the feet when running. They aren't structured correctly

If you look at the reviews on Nike's website you see all sorts of complaints from people who tried running in Roshes only to have the uppers blow out. Nike's official response is "despite the name, these shoes are not meant for running."

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1861 on: August 13, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
My bad yall, I guess I only know everything half of the time. *shrugs*

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1862 on: August 13, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
My bad yall, I guess I only know everything half of the time. *shrugs*

:D :D :D :D :D

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1863 on: August 13, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This may sound stupid but are the air max janoskis and kostons meant for skating or for running?
[close]
I saw some kook trying to skate in some Janoski Maxes a few months back and had a wee chuckle to myself.

I wouldn't recommend try to do either of them while wearing them to be honest. Air Maxes aren't even proper running shoes right?
[close]

Air maxes are arguably the most popular running shoes of all time.

I have the prod7 hyperfuse with the same airmax sole and they're great for walking around in so I imagine the janoski air maxes's would be solid. I'd still say just get some roshes for $50 cheaper at the mall or some shit if you REALLY tryna get some shoes especially for running. if you wanna skate em tho I'd say get the LUNAR janoski's instead
[close]
Roshe runs are miserable running shoes. Absolutely miserable for the actual act of running. Great for just kicking around in. But bad for the feet when running. They aren't structured correctly
[close]

If you look at the reviews on Nike's website you see all sorts of complaints from people who tried running in Roshes only to have the uppers blow out. Nike's official response is "despite the name, these shoes are not meant for running."
I tried playing indoor football (soccer) in my Roshes and rolled my ankle about 30 seconds into the game.

I've had problems with my kickflips ever since.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1864 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »
Nike SB Stefan Janoski EXP ? Obsidian ? Ivory

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1865 on: August 14, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
Nike SB Team Trip: 2014 Europe vs. Brasil -- Friendly

2:14. although i still wouldn't say they're "meant" for skating, i guess this is proof that they're not bad for it.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #1866 on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
Nike Free SB:

Janoski:

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1867 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
Nike Free SB:

I'm not sure about the look of them...  ???
And that sole is not really well designed... There should be rubber bellow the big toe and in the heel drag zone, they're big abrasion points!

Another colorway:

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1868 on: August 17, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike Free SB:

[close]

I'm not sure about the look of them...  ???
And that sole is not really well designed... There should be rubber bellow the big toe and in the heel drag zone, they're big abrasion points!

Another colorway:

looks like Nike will continue to take my money

foureyedjim

« Reply #1869 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »
haha...gross

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1870 on: August 17, 2014, 03:39:38 PM »
I want that hurache lookin shoe to come out

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1871 on: August 17, 2014, 06:24:25 PM »
these new black/gum snakeskin Kobes look crazy

(that $225 price tag tho. damn)

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2014-08/kobe-9-mid-ext

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1872 on: August 17, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »
i'll pass on the free SBs

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #1873 on: August 18, 2014, 12:02:47 AM »
I am surprised they didn't do the Kanye treatment and had glow in the dark soles with pink highlights. Gum seems almost odd for basketball shoes. I am sure there will be more colorways where that came from though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1874 on: August 18, 2014, 03:37:39 AM »
I am surprised they didn't do the Kanye treatment and had glow in the dark soles with pink highlights. Gum seems almost odd for basketball shoes. I am sure there will be more colorways where that came from though.

and not a swoosh to be found on it.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1875 on: August 18, 2014, 05:00:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and not a swoosh to be found on it.

Check the toe tip, it is screen into the leather.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1876 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:59 AM »
Those Frees are disappointing.

I can't wait for the Koston Huarache. Already ordered the black ones thorough my shop. I hope they fixed everything I hated about the Koston 2 or I'm done with Nike SB forever.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1877 on: August 18, 2014, 02:04:01 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1879 on: August 19, 2014, 05:45:27 AM »
I can't wait for the Koston Huarache. Already ordered the black ones thorough my shop. I hope they fixed everything I hated about the Koston 2 or I'm done with Nike SB forever.

What didn't you like about the Koston 2? I love them to skate in. Actually my current go to. Super snug fitting and the heel lock is a vice. IMO the only drawback is that they aren't completely skate ready out of the box (a little stiff) and the soles need a some kicking around town.

I just put a pair of Bruins into skate rotation. Was surprised to see the tongue setup on the Bruin is similar to the Koston 2. It's sort of integrated into the shoe on the sides, almost like a web, if that makes any sense.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1880 on: August 19, 2014, 06:11:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What didn't you like about the Koston 2? I love them to skate in. Actually my current go to. Super snug fitting and the heel lock is a vice. IMO the only drawback is that they aren't completely skate ready out of the box (a little stiff) and the soles need a some kicking around town.

I just put a pair of Bruins into skate rotation. Was surprised to see the tongue setup on the Bruin is similar to the Koston 2. It's sort of integrated into the shoe on the sides, almost like a web, if that makes any sense.

The Bruins were amazing. Best heel lock of any shoe. It's a shame the ankle material blew out on me from flip tricks and whatnot. 

The Koston 2 was wayyyy too tight on the forefoot and the toes was a little too bulky for my foot shape. The Etnies Highlight was a much better executed "snug skate slipper style" shoe than Nike ever did. That's why I'm looking forward to the new Kostons, they're basically the same but better looking.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1881 on: August 19, 2014, 07:26:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The Bruins were amazing. Best heel lock of any shoe. It's a shame the ankle material blew out on me from flip tricks and whatnot. 

The Koston 2 was wayyyy too tight on the forefoot and the toes was a little too bulky for my foot shape. The Etnies Highlight was a much better executed "snug skate slipper style" shoe than Nike ever did. That's why I'm looking forward to the new Kostons, they're basically the same but better looking.

Highlights could be the best skate shoe from today if they had a rubber outsole in forefoot and in the heel (like the aventas)!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1882 on: August 19, 2014, 12:34:28 PM »
Better pics of that one Janoski above:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

foureyedjim

« Reply #1883 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »
so...when are those koston mid black/whites coming out?  I'm not really into pink or blue shoes...

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #1884 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:21 AM »
I'm also curious about how the lunar Janoskis skate.

also, are the Janoski max's comfortable?  or are the Roches (sp?) a better walking around comfortable shoe? 
hardly art, hardly starving

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1885 on: August 20, 2014, 07:39:04 AM »
I'm also curious about how the lunar Janoskis skate.

also, are the Janoski max's comfortable??  or are the Roches (sp?) a better walking around comfortable shoe?? 

Both the Lunar Janoskis and Lunar one shots skate good. The suede Janoskis are my personal preference. Imagine a normal janoski with more comfort.
As far as just walking around, Roshes are really comfortable and cheap. Cant really go wrong there. However if you still feel like having a skate inspired chill shoe, you're paying double but putting money back into the pockets of someone who skates.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1886 on: August 20, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1887 on: August 20, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #1888 on: August 20, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »

wait, is tight-rolling your pants back?
hardly art, hardly starving

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1889 on: August 20, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]