Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2358549 times)

ferraveemo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 03, 2014, 04:37:13 AM »
gatos are too bulky imo

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. I can't feel the damn board at all. When i ollie, i feel like  my forward foot just slips and it doesn't grip it like what a vulc shoe would do. Also the way the toe is constructed...i try to go with what ripped laces advice by kick flipping enough to shape the toe to a more pointy look and i can't. They're too round! plus they drag too.

I'm gonna have to try it again especially with the white coming out and possibly size up because they also feel i'm crunching my toes together.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #1951 on: September 03, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1952 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1954 on: September 03, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »

skateskateskate

« Reply #1955 on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »
I really want to try some dunks, but every time they come out with a nice colorway, close homies of my shitty shop and hybeasts get them all and only size 20 is left

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1957 on: September 03, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Noice
-Nike SB Lunar Gato White/Suede-
[close]

jesus christ just put these on my fucking feet already

Really though.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1958 on: September 03, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
gatos are too bulky imo
[close]

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. I can't feel the damn board at all. When i ollie, i feel like  my forward foot just slips and it doesn't grip it like what a vulc shoe would do. Also the way the toe is constructed...i try to go with what ripped laces advice by kick flipping enough to shape the toe to a more pointy look and i can't. They're too round! plus they drag too.

I'm gonna have to try it again especially with the white coming out and possibly size up because they also feel i'm crunching my toes together.

I don't like the Gatos at all to skate in. It could be my imagination but the midsole feels wedged to me, like I am angled up on my toes. I'm also not a fan of the sole. Both the shape and lack of grip. It took me literally 30 minutes before I took them off and put them right back in the box. I haven't been that sketched out by a shoe in a long time.  They will be relegated to chiller status.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1959 on: September 03, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
Expand Quote
gatos are too bulky imo
[close]
For A cupsole they are on the slimmer side.
More minimal than Dunks,BA's,Reynolds,g6.
They are my go to now.

It's interesting to hear that the Gatos work for you. I know some dudes that also swear by them the same. Love them. On the flipside, the Koston 2 is my current go-to and seriously one of my favorite shoes (I love it as much as the Lakai Howard) but those same dudes think it's way too thick of a cupsole. Different strokes. The Gato is a nice shoe, it just didn't work for me.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1960 on: September 03, 2014, 06:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gatos are too bulky imo
[close]

[close]

I don't like the Gatos at all to skate in. It could be my imagination but the midsole feels wedged to me, like I am angled up on my toes. I'm also not a fan of the sole. Both the shape and lack of grip. It took me literally 30 minutes before I took them off and put them right back in the box. I haven't been that sketched out by a shoe in a long time.  They will be relegated to chiller status.

How strange. They do need a little time for the lunarlon to break in and the heel does sit higher than the forefoot, but not quite as high as the OG Buzenitz. I was a little skeptical when I got my first pair. But that grip lasts forever and they are very durable.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1961 on: September 03, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gatos are too bulky imo
[close]

[close]

[close]

How strange. They do need a little time for the lunarlon to break in and the heel does sit higher than the forefoot, but not quite as high as the OG Buzenitz. I was a little skeptical when I got my first pair. But that grip lasts forever and they are very durable.

Right on, that's good to hear. I will definitely revisit them at some point.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1962 on: September 03, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gatos are too bulky imo
[close]
For A cupsole they are on the slimmer side.
More minimal than Dunks,BA's,Reynolds,g6.
They are my go to now.
[close]

It's interesting to hear that the Gatos work for you. I know some dudes that also swear by them the same. Love them. On the flipside, the Koston 2 is my current go-to and seriously one of my favorite shoes (I love it as much as the Lakai Howard) but those same dudes think it's way too thick of a cupsole. Different strokes. The Gato is a nice shoe, it just didn't work for me.
I skated a few of the koston 1, it was a perfect mix between clunky cupsoles and flimsy vulcs. I am usually all over the place with shoes, have skated cons ctas a plenty and blazers. I did try the Gato when it first came out and hated them. I bounced from shoe to shoe and then tried the gatos again with the thinnest fp insole and for me it works well.
I agree with the durability and grip, mostly for me until someone makes a midsole that competes with lunarlon, I am sold on this shoe.
I used to like the thicker drop in lunar insole(like the koston,ctas etc) but they pack out so fast.

boardnews

• Rep: -12
    • BOARDNEWS avatar image
« Reply #1963 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

www.skatebn.com

@MRBOARDNEWS ON INSTAGRAM

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1964 on: September 04, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »

looks like a marana mixed with a shitty remake of the fc x fp's

which were a shitty remake of the the original fc's anyways

and whats up with that checkerboard perforation nonsense?

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1965 on: September 04, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #1966 on: September 04, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »

Actually hyped on these. What model is this?

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #1967 on: September 04, 2014, 08:38:15 PM »
it looks like a janoski-gato-fc-koston mix

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1968 on: September 04, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gatos are too bulky imo
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Right on, that's good to hear. I will definitely revisit them at some point.

you should definitely try again. i did the same thing when i got mine, tried to skate them, hated them put them in my trunk. pulled them because i went skating after work and they were all i had and after a solid session in them i really liked the way they skated. it's one of the bulkier shoes i skated recently too and after broken in properly they feel solid.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1969 on: September 04, 2014, 10:36:20 PM »
i feel bad for anyone that hasn't experienced some Gato's in their life.  i'm on my 5th pair right now, and i will get a 6th.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1970 on: September 05, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1971 on: September 05, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
What the fuck? Patent leather? Or just plastic? Either way, no.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1972 on: September 05, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1973 on: September 05, 2014, 08:51:33 PM »
It has a Preduce tag, it is a Nike SB retailer in Thailand.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1974 on: September 07, 2014, 07:52:55 PM »

nice_guy_2

« Reply #1975 on: September 07, 2014, 08:04:13 PM »
really feeling that pink pair, #would

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1976 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:37 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1977 on: September 07, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
^^
Quick glance I thought they were the Harbor's SB.

These are nice:

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1978 on: September 07, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »
I'm a sucker for 3M, so those blue and reflective Janoski Max's might have to happen.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1979 on: September 08, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »
i feel bad for anyone that hasn't experienced some Gato's in their life.  i'm on my 5th pair right now, and i will get a 6th.

I thought you were Blazer guy for LIFE!!!???
Get litty.....