Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2358511 times)

Deepern0ah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
Re: Post UPCOMING NIKE/NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #2910 on: April 02, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »
Nike.com has some new ones...:

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #2911 on: April 02, 2015, 08:03:20 PM »
Trevor Colden | Nike Free SB Nano

who wrote the script for this shit? a middle schooler or an out of touch marketing guy at nike?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2912 on: April 02, 2015, 09:52:18 PM »
Those two blazers are instant hits!
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2913 on: April 03, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »
hell yea, need that green swoosh pair. i wish it had the little rubber coat on the toe though.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2914 on: April 03, 2015, 08:10:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hell yea, need that green swoosh pair. i wish it had the little rubber coat on the toe though.

I wish they had the screened swoosh too.

Global Moderator

« Reply #2915 on: April 03, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
Someone said it so perfectly before... And I agree 100%; those All Courts look like toddler shoes. Any adult that wears them will look like an idiot.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2917 on: April 04, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2918 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:35 AM »
Someone said it so perfectly before... And I agree 100%; those All Courts look like toddler shoes. Any adult that wears them will look like an idiot.
I can already see hypebeasts wearing All Courts with joggers, looking like a bunch of 3 year olds.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2919 on: April 04, 2015, 03:42:33 PM »
Will, Tate, and 144p - you guys put some time into the SB Free, would you recommend it? I tried it on, but the heel is scaring me off a little bit. I can't tell whether or not the shoe would be stable in the heel.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #2920 on: April 04, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »
Will, Tate, and 144p - you guys put some time into the SB Free, would you recommend it? I tried it on, but the heel is scaring me off a little bit. I can't tell whether or not the shoe would be stable in the heel.

that's really my only real gripe with the shoe performance-wise. It's good enough for ledges, flat, & other types of low impact stuff but for me its a total no-go down anything with moderately high impact or weird banks where you'd be prone to awkward landings. Your foot stays locked in the shoe but your heel might roll over the sole and into the sidewalls on the inside if you land with too much force in one direction. i actually really love how responsive the sole feels and it's more supportive than I thought it'd be but I feel like it needs better overall construction on the upper to fully bring out the potential with the shoe. I'd buy them if you can get them for cheap, but probably not retail. if they beefed these up and replaced the phylon midsole with lunarlon, it'd be a killer shoe. i wear mine on mellow days where I'm mostly skating flat and just riding around at the park and they feel amazing for that type of stuff, they just got a major weakness with that lack of heel containment.

Also, Nike needs to fuckin chill with these prices. I was thinking those SB Free Nano's were gonna be a "price point" version of the free's but they're still going for $100. fuckouttahere with that nonsense. i actually like the free's but I got them for $85 and that's exactly where it should be priced IMO. I dont even think the nano's are that bad looking but they really fuckin trippin if they think that design is worth $100 retail. a lot of their retail pricing seems to be $10-20 too high lately while all the real gems are going for like $35 on sale in various parts of the internet. I think they're starting to fall off a little bit honestly

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2921 on: April 04, 2015, 05:06:30 PM »
Damn, that's what's up. Thanks Will for that reply. Really appreciate it. Pretty much agree on all levels.

I can get the Free for $85 and that's about my ceiling for any skate shoe. Was also hoping the Nano was a little less than 100. I see the prices creeping up across the board. (Adidas put 5 more bucks on the Buz Vulc shoe.) Anyway, yeah, the Free feels good side to side and in the toe box, but the heel is only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. I'm going back tomorrow to check them out again. Thanks again for the reply.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #2922 on: April 04, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can already see hypebeasts wearing All Courts with joggers, looking like a bunch of 3 year olds.

All hype beast dudes I know think the Allcourts look regular. I think the only people digging the rubber toes are skate dudes. (converse rubber toes aside, I see lots of weirdos wearing those)

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2923 on: April 04, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »
i know theres dudes from europe etc where shoes are expensive as fu but, theres no reason to ever spend over 60 for shoes that you are going to skate in. There are so many ways around it if you put in any level of effort.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2924 on: April 04, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
i know theres dudes from europe etc where shoes are expensive as fu but, theres no reason to ever spend over 60 for shoes that you are going to skate in. There are so many ways around it if you put in any level of effort.

Agreed. 60 is my usual limit but have made exceptions based on brands I wanted to support. NB# for instance. I've been buying shoes for 20 years to skate in, and I know it's ideal to wait on sale prices for shoes that you are buying to intentionally destroy, but I also try to buy stuff at full boat retail from time to time to support the brands.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2925 on: April 05, 2015, 09:04:11 AM »

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #2926 on: April 05, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
does anyone know if Nike completely discontinued dunk mids or if they're bringing them back at some point

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #2927 on: April 05, 2015, 03:01:29 PM »
does anyone know if Nike completely discontinued dunk mids or if they're bringing them back at some point
Classic shoes like that don't really get discontinued. They just kinda put them on ice for a while. That said, right now they only have dunk lo or highs coming out in SB. So it'll be hard to find any dunk mids. But I feel like the dunks will be coming back pretty hard. Ishod's pro shoe is going to be an Ishod Dunk, so who knows where that'll go.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:05:15 PM by Sold Out »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2928 on: April 05, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »
The heel didn't give me problems, it feels different than most shoes but it still kept me locked in.
My only gripe was the thin insole/sockliner that didnt stay in the shoe really, I had to keep adjusting them.
They have a wider fit so for me it was great but I can see how it would be a problem for some.
I agree on the price. Ridiculous.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2929 on: April 06, 2015, 12:00:25 AM »
Only complaints I had with the Free's were that it pinched the side of my toes, even after wearing them for a week before skating.

Other than the flick was good and tons of flexibility.

I say you should try them if you can get a extreme discounted price. Shoe is not worth $80, let alone $120-$125.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #2930 on: April 06, 2015, 04:39:23 AM »
beat ass SB Free R/R

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2931 on: April 06, 2015, 06:02:24 AM »
beat ass SB Free R/R

When is this nightmare over?!  :'(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:01:07 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2932 on: April 06, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »
Expand Quote
beat ass SB Free R/R

[close]

When is this nightmare over?!  :'(

yeah this whole 'skate branded shoes for when you aren't skating' shit :/

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:01:12 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #2933 on: April 06, 2015, 10:10:11 PM »
ouch

fangen

« Reply #2934 on: April 06, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »
Makes sense. Most people that buy nike sb don't skate.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #2935 on: April 07, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
Holy fuck, the green swoosh blazer hi the only shoe Ive seen in pages that doesn't make me want to vomit on myself.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #2936 on: April 07, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
Holy fuck, the green swoosh blazer hi the only shoe Ive seen in pages that doesn't make me want to vomit on myself.

i think finland mentioned it, but man, if only those were the premium ones.  I don't think I can ever go back to the regular ones after skating in the premium ones with the sockliner.  insanely comfortable.
hardly art, hardly starving

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2937 on: April 08, 2015, 08:29:42 AM »
Nike.com has some new ones:

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2939 on: April 09, 2015, 02:18:01 AM »
Might pick-up those R&R Free's for Crossfit, bruh.