Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1083006 times)

buckfitchesmetgoney and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
  • PHILA
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #4380 on: February 17, 2016, 01:10:39 PM »
Via latest Thrasher.

Did David Miscavige and The Sea Org make this ad?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #4381 on: February 17, 2016, 01:31:38 PM »
That colorway is at least decent. I can see them already making a non sock version with a normal tongue.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #4382 on: February 17, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
That colorway is at least decent. I can see them already making a non sock version with a normal tongue.

tbh the sock is the only thing that keeps them from looking like another boring ass P-rod shoe

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
« Reply #4383 on: February 17, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »
The new bostons are not the best looking shoe but it's better than another vulc toe cap model somebody needed to change up the shoe game, shit was getting too repetitive, the price tag is fucked though, shit better last a year if they're charging that much.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #4384 on: February 17, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »
The new bostons are not the best looking shoe but it's better than another vulc toe cap model somebody needed to change up the shoe game, shit was getting too repetitive, the price tag is fucked though, shit better last a year if they're charging that much.

them shits are 85% flywire so probably not

pinch a loaf

« Reply #4385 on: February 17, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »

As someone who's had chronic ankle problems, I'm curious to try them. I agree that people need to try new things with shoes instead of just throwing toe caps on everything. It's 2016, lets make improvements and try new technologies.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #4386 on: February 17, 2016, 03:17:48 PM »

hardly art, hardly starving

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
« Reply #4387 on: February 17, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
Kostons look amazing. Im sure Nike will demand a Prod 8 type pricepoint... maybe 145USD?

Don't be scared of change, the sock thing (if implemented  correctly) will help those ankle bruises and they look pretty cool!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
    • Whitebread Skateboarding
« Reply #4388 on: February 17, 2016, 04:25:52 PM »

As someone who's had chronic ankle problems, I'm curious to try them. I agree that people need to try new things with shoes instead of just throwing toe caps on everything. It's 2016, lets make improvements and try new technologies.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what about that little sock will help out your ankles? ??? Is it reinforced? Is it stiff? Or is it just the material that like those weird water shoes are made out of extending out of the shoe?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #4389 on: February 17, 2016, 04:44:51 PM »

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what about that little sock will help out your ankles? ??? Is it reinforced? Is it stiff? Or is it just the material that like those weird water shoes are made out of extending out of the shoe?

I would have to try them to know, but I see your point, they might not support the ankles much. The sock does look like a thick tight fitting material though.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4390 on: February 17, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

I would have to try them to know, but I see your point, they might not support the ankles much. The sock does look like a thick tight fitting material though.

If it's like the magistas it's thick and it's tight, your foot will not escape from those things, hell lock is superb. It's actually pretty hard to put those things on foot, but its confortable, almost like a compression sock. But since it's elastic you still have a similar freedom of a low cut shoe with the support of a high top.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1085
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #4391 on: February 17, 2016, 08:11:11 PM »
Kostons look amazing. Im sure Nike will demand a Prod 8 type pricepoint... maybe 145USD?

Don't be scared of change, the sock thing (if implemented  correctly) will help those ankle bruises and they look pretty cool!

$150. When I tried them and walked around in them, comfy for sure.

Hopefully I can get a pair to try out soon.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

chillclinton87

• Rep: -128
« Reply #4392 on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:31:14 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4393 on: February 18, 2016, 06:22:30 AM »
Still curious to see what they look like on someone's feet.
good come sausage

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #4394 on: February 18, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
are those meant to be worn with those cuffed sweatpants

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4395 on: February 18, 2016, 08:03:22 AM »

this shoe will be #1 on the list of "shoes that look bad with dickies"
good come sausage

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4396 on: February 18, 2016, 09:40:25 AM »

this shoe will be #1 on the list of "shoes that look bad with dickies"
hahahaha so true.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4397 on: February 18, 2016, 12:28:55 PM »
I can't get over how dumb it's going to look with a sock over a sock.

It might have made some sense if you were supposed to wear them barefoot.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4398 on: February 18, 2016, 12:32:21 PM »
If it's like the magistas it's thick and it's tight, your foot will not escape from those things, hell lock is superb. It's actually pretty hard to put those things on foot, but its confortable, almost like a compression sock. But since it's elastic you still have a similar freedom of a low cut shoe with the support of a high top.

Ah, sounds sort of like an ankle brace attached to the shoe... am I kind of on base? I've never had anything like that except Nike shox when I was really young and those (I think) were just like slip ons without any sort of sock tech

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4399 on: February 18, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
I'm in to them, but not $150 in to them...
you never know about pre-cum 

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 441
« Reply #4400 on: February 19, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »
Anyone remember the one-piece white with grey/clear sole Adam McNatt Osiris pro shoe with optional ankle guard strap.....?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #4401 on: February 19, 2016, 02:23:06 PM »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #4402 on: February 20, 2016, 04:47:03 AM »
ahahaha cant wait for the right skin-tight athletic high performance suit to go with it. its so bad i cant help but think that nike is just trolling at this point.

instagram.com/used_shoe/

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #4403 on: February 20, 2016, 05:36:38 AM »
ahahaha cant wait for the right skin-tight athletic high performance suit to go with it. its so bad i cant help but think that nike is just trolling at this point.

Damn you sexy Flanders.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:53:19 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 579
« Reply #4404 on: February 20, 2016, 05:45:18 AM »

I had these, I have a friend that still wears them every time out! 
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4405 on: February 20, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »

I have a friend who still has them too! He never wears them though. He's thought about getting rid of them a few times but I always convince him to hold on to them just for fun.

You know despite Keenan's quote about them looking like a potato, if you look at that shoe, the design was actually way way way ahead of it's time. Maybe didn't have the best shape, but I could see a shoe like that being popular today.

But yeah that first look at the new Kostons in the box reminded me of that shoe in the white/grey colourway.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
    • frozen in carbonite
« Reply #4406 on: February 20, 2016, 09:38:17 AM »

I have a friend who still has them too! He never wears them though. He's thought about getting rid of them a few times but I always convince him to hold on to them just for fun.

You know despite Keenan's quote about them looking like a potato, if you look at that shoe, the design was actually way way way ahead of it's time. Maybe didn't have the best shape, but I could see a shoe like that being popular today.

But yeah that first look at the new Kostons in the box reminded me of that shoe in the white/grey colourway.

anyone got a pic of the mcnatt potato shoe itself?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4407 on: February 20, 2016, 10:01:41 AM »

Damn you sexy Flanders.

Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:53:23 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4408 on: February 20, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »

anyone got a pic of the mcnatt potato shoe itself?

Dude, pics are super hard to find! Thus why Donkey Lips (and myself) could only find photos from an Ebay listing for the ankle brace, but not the shoe. Here's a pic of the soles, clear rubber with his signature underneath:

I texted my friend to take a picture of his. I'll post it when he sends it.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4409 on: February 20, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
YO hahaha that photoshopped Osiris logo in the Dave Mayhew picture!