Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2352307 times)

ZEBRA

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #4770 on: April 20, 2016, 06:34:13 PM »
Expand Quote
The Nike SB Stefan Janoski Premium HT features a premium suede upper, a richer, more luxe style that�s underscored by the embossed Swoosh along each side. Below, the classic vulc rubber sole even dispenses with the usual contrast foxing for a sleeker, more fashion-oriented feel, with Zoom Air still providing lasting comfort.
The Nike SB Stefan Janoski Premium HT will hit stores this fall.

[close]

thats the best looking janoskis ive ever seen. i dont really like foxing stripes. and the swoosh is hard to see. shame its prolly 100 +

If the dunk is $170, the this will be $150, easy.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:10:38 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

baravettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4771 on: April 21, 2016, 01:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nike employee 1: "hey man, couldn't come up with a janoski max colorway this month."
nike employee 2: "it's all good dude, we've got until the end of the day to figure it out."
nike employee 1: "what would be simple and cool and would totally sell?"
nike employee 2: "let's just make the whole shoe like some aqua color lol"
nike employee 1: "k lol"

Hahahahaha if only...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4772 on: April 21, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »
^
Shawn Baravetto?

If so, made ton of the best (designs/color's) SB's ever. Stupid Nike SB let him go.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ZEBRA

« Reply #4773 on: April 21, 2016, 12:51:26 PM »
^
Shawn Baravetto?

If so, made ton of the best (designs/color's) SB's ever. Stupid Nike SB let him go.

That's the dude from that new Ripped Laces interview, right?? Yeah, really stupid to have let him go. He was there during the success. Sounds like he had an integral role in the SB line. Also sounded like they wanted him to be in other departments and he fought with them. That;s why they let him go.

Will be interesting to see his new footwear company that he comes out with. He made it sound like they were going to come out with designs and tech that no one is doing.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #4774 on: April 21, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
The retail for those dunks are $170.

Damn.
[close]
hory shit, nike is just being dicks at this point

So basically, you take an old black $65 retail Weiger or Black Gum Dunk, put leather scraps on the sides and insole, then ask for $105 more? Brilliant.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4775 on: April 21, 2016, 09:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

That's the dude from that new Ripped Laces interview, right?? Yeah, really stupid to have let him go. He was there during the success. Sounds like he had an integral role in the SB line. Also sounded like they wanted him to be in other departments and he fought with them. That;s why they let him go.

Will be interesting to see his new footwear company that he comes out with. He made it sound like they were going to come out with designs and tech that no one is doing.

Yeah, I think he started state.

Back in the early day of SB's (orange, silver, pink box). Designs and colors by Baravetto and James Arizumi were the shit! They were up to something.

Without them, Nike SB wouldn't be as they are now. Can't forget about  Sandy Bodecker. But don't think Nike fired him. James is doing Nike Golf stuff now.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4776 on: April 21, 2016, 11:59:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

Back in the early day of SB's (orange, silver, pink box). Designs and colors by Baravetto and James Arizumi were the shit! They were up to something.

Without them, Nike SB wouldn't be as they are now. Can't forget about  Sandy Bodecker. But don't think Nike fired him. James is doing Nike Golf stuff now.

It's not State that he started... I think his company is called FTW (footwear that works). He said it here on the fallen thread and on his ripped laces interview.
https://www.instagram.com/ftwbrand/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ZEBRA

« Reply #4777 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's not State that he started... I think his company is called FTW (footwear that works). He said it here on the fallen thread and on his ripped laces interview.

Gonna hop on my phone now and hit that follow button. Interested to see what they have in store.

Not too hyped on the name. I like,"Footwear That Works" a lot better as a slogan than the name of the actual company. If the shoes are good though, who cares. Hopefully this name means there won't be a bunch of logos everywhere.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4778 on: April 22, 2016, 12:53:32 AM »
Hyped on the name, will be good to see what they come up with.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4779 on: April 22, 2016, 01:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gonna hop on my phone now and hit that follow button. Interested to see what they have in store.

Not too hyped on the name. I like,"Footwear That Works" a lot better as a slogan than the name of the actual company.
If the shoes are good though, who cares. Hopefully this name means there won't be a bunch of logos everywhere.

Yeah, i'm with you...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4780 on: April 22, 2016, 01:26:04 AM »

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4781 on: April 22, 2016, 10:47:13 AM »
whatever happened to the nike sb shoe museum thing they had on their site a while back? anyone know of a place that has a similar thing going on where you can look back at older nikes?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4782 on: April 22, 2016, 11:20:43 AM »
whatever happened to the nike sb shoe museum thing they had on their site a while back? anyone know of a place that has a similar thing going on where you can look back at older nikes?

Yeah, the archive page is long gone. Can't find a similar one like that.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #4783 on: April 22, 2016, 11:24:26 AM »
i was looking for that sb archive yesterday  :'(

baravettski

« Reply #4784 on: April 22, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Not too hyped on the name. I like,"Footwear That Works" a lot better as a slogan than the name of the actual company.
If the shoes are good though, who cares. Hopefully this name means there won't be a bunch of logos everywhere.
[close]

Yeah, i'm with you...

Hey dudes, thanks for the good words.

Yeah, I'm doing FTW. Minimal logos for sure. We just call it FTW brand, like Footwear Brand. There's one other name I have saved just in case, but the Footwear That Works thing is cool too. It can mean whatever you want it too. Design wise I'm hoping to bring some relatively simple things to problems we have, I'll have samples in a few weeks. Not making them crazy, but a little different with things that help for skating. Not vulc though.

I started in 2006 at SB, so my stuff black/purple boxes and on. First dunk I did was that griptape Mid. I thought they archived those pages somewhere, I found some with the old format here http://sneakernews.com/nike-sb-skateboarding/.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4785 on: April 22, 2016, 12:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, i'm with you...
[close]

Yeah, I'm doing FTW. Minimal logos for sure. We just call it FTW brand, like Footwear Brand. There's one other name I have saved just in case, but the Footwear That Works thing is cool too. It can mean whatever you want it too. Design wise I'm hoping to bring some relatively simple things to problems we have, I'll have samples in a few weeks. Not making them crazy, but a little different with things that help for skating. Not vulc though.

I started in 2006 at SB, so my stuff black/purple boxes and on. First dunk I did was that griptape Mid. I thought they archived those pages somewhere, I found some with the old format here http://sneakernews.com/nike-sb-skateboarding/.

I know I'm a snob and a big shithead, but I don't think the name you've chosen is suiting to your experience and knowledge. It sounds cheap, not affordable. I hear the name and go "meh" and then I hear that it's a guy who helped shape Nike for a decade and couldn't know more of what he was doing, and there's a disconnect there. It meaning whatever anybody wants it to makes it mean so many things that it doesn't mean anything. I don't doubt that what you're doing is going to be awesome but that name kind of stinks.  I don't mean any offense and I know you didn't ask me but hey here we are.

baravettski

« Reply #4786 on: April 22, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, i'm with you...
[close]

[close]

I know I'm a snob and a big shithead, but I don't think the name you've chosen is suiting to your experience and knowledge. It sounds cheap, not affordable. I hear the name and go "meh" and then I hear that it's a guy who helped shape Nike for a decade and couldn't know more of what he was doing, and there's a disconnect there. It meaning whatever anybody wants it to makes it mean so many things that it doesn't mean anything. I don't doubt that what you're doing is going to be awesome but that name kind of stinks.  I don't mean any offense and I know you didn't ask me but hey here we are.

No worries man, I have acquired a thick skin over the years and I appreciate the comment. The name is what it is, so if anything, I'll take this into consideration the closer we get to putting the message out there as far as what we do. No offense taken, just also means the stuff needs to be on point.

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4787 on: April 22, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »

sounds like a winning combination right there. very intrigued. also I'm with SFB, theres a disconnect with the name

ungzilla

« Reply #4788 on: April 22, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »
I have no doubt you'll come out with some good shoes in some good colors, and I wish you best of luck. I'll just second shit4brains in questioning the use of "FTW". It reminds me too much of shitty memes and internet lingo. like that idiot high school friend on facebook that you have to unfollow after they post like a picture of a pbr can in the shower and saying "shower beer ftw" or some inane nonsense. just drink your fucking beer man, you didn't just invent getting hammered in artificial rain.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:41:14 PM by ungzilla »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4789 on: April 22, 2016, 04:10:19 PM »
Yeah, i'm with what everyone said about the name... The name sounds a little cheap, and the initials "ftw" sound like "for the win" footwear which is not really good imho. I'm really curious to see how the shoes look like because i liked your work with nike and i bet they will look nice, i just think the name kinda pushes the brand back. A name like the State one is cool tho... 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

@thewilleasley

« Reply #4790 on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sounds like a winning combination right there. very intrigued. also I'm with SFB, theres a disconnect with the name

I'm with them as well. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction but Footwear That Works seems better served as a slogan or tagline rather than the brand name. Just my 2 cents

Also, thank you for the griptape dunks

ZEBRA

« Reply #4791 on: April 22, 2016, 11:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^
Shawn Baravetto?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, i'm with you...
[close]

Stoked to hear from you in here. Would be awesome if you post some samples in here. About the name, if the shoes are on point, then I don't think we'd give a fuck. Just constructive criticism from a bunch of skate shoe nerds that are hoping for an awesome new brand. Haha

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #4792 on: April 23, 2016, 04:18:06 AM »
hey Nike dude - don't call that shit FTW.  just trust us.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #4793 on: April 23, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
hey Nike dude - don't call that shit FTW.  just trust us.

yeah not only does that name kinda suck and trudge up a motocross aesthetic (at least to me) but it's also really similar to the Vans OTW sub-brand of shoes

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4794 on: April 23, 2016, 08:38:33 AM »
It sounds like he isn't interested in the free market research we're providing him.

baravettski

« Reply #4795 on: April 23, 2016, 10:00:59 AM »
It sounds like he isn't interested in the free market research we're providing him.

Nope, I appreciate the free market research. I get it, a bunch of you don't like the name. I also understand that I'm putting it out there pretty raw, no brand story or visual center or whatever. That's fine, I've been working on it for months, checking other names, seeing what's available and not trademarked, applying for trademarks etc before going public, so that's why I'm saying the name is what it is. It's done. There will be more around it soon, so we will go from there. If anything, it's more fire to make the shoes as good as possible.

I'll take feedback all day long, good and bad, but if I don't act on it for whatever reason, don't take offense.

Thanks for all the comments.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #4796 on: April 23, 2016, 10:13:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope, I appreciate the free market research. I get it, a bunch of you don't like the name. I also understand that I'm putting it out there pretty raw, no brand story or visual center or whatever. That's fine, I've been working on it for months, checking other names, seeing what's available and not trademarked, applying for trademarks etc before going public, so that's why I'm saying the name is what it is. It's done. There will be more around it soon, so we will go from there. If anything, it's more fire to make the shoes as good as possible.

I'll take feedback all day long, good and bad, but if I don't act on it for whatever reason, don't take offense.

tbh if you put out an ill Jordan 4/5-influenced cupsole (that's what was so sick about the prod 3) i will cop

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #4797 on: April 23, 2016, 11:08:27 AM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4798 on: April 23, 2016, 11:26:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's not that we want to put you down, because i really want your brand to succeed, and i think everyone here wants that! We're just trying to give you some constructive criticism. Anyway, I'm hyped to see what you got for us, the name doesnt bother me that much.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baravettski

« Reply #4799 on: April 23, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's not that we want to put you down, because i really want your brand to succeed, and i think everyone here wants that! We're just trying to give you some constructive criticism. Anyway, I'm hyped to see what you got for us, the name doesnt bother me that much.

Oh absolutely, I get it, no offense taken and nothing personal. I'm glad you guys are all interested enough to give me your thoughts. I never engaged on here because of the way SB runs and I'd probably get in trouble for talking to the public, so it's cool to actually interact with you guys and not worry about that shit anymore.

And for you specifically, if you have any questions about the design process let me know. You going to footwear design school? Ever design to a product brief? Ever build a shoe? Let me know...if you have any questions I'll help where I can.