Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357729 times)

shit_for_brains

baravettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #4801 on: April 23, 2016, 12:50:28 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4802 on: April 23, 2016, 01:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It sounds like he isn't interested in the free market research we're providing him.
[close]

Nope, I appreciate the free market research. I get it, a bunch of you don't like the name. I also understand that I'm putting it out there pretty raw, no brand story or visual center or whatever. That's fine, I've been working on it for months, checking other names, seeing what's available and not trademarked, applying for trademarks etc before going public, so that's why I'm saying the name is what it is. It's done. There will be more around it soon, so we will go from there. If anything, it's more fire to make the shoes as good as possible.

I'll take feedback all day long, good and bad, but if I don't act on it for whatever reason, don't take offense.

Thanks for all the comments.
[close]

It's not that we want to put you down, because i really want your brand to succeed, and i think everyone here wants that! We're just trying to give you some constructive criticism. Anyway, I'm hyped to see what you got for us, the name doesnt bother me that much.
[close]

Oh absolutely, I get it, no offense taken and nothing personal. I'm glad you guys are all interested enough to give me your thoughts. I never engaged on here because of the way SB runs and I'd probably get in trouble for talking to the public, so it's cool to actually interact with you guys and not worry about that shit anymore.

And for you specifically, if you have any questions about the design process let me know. You going to footwear design school? Ever design to a product brief? Ever build a shoe? Let me know...if you have any questions I'll help where I can.

I sent you a PM about my stuff just to not go too off-topic here... ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baravettski

« Reply #4805 on: April 23, 2016, 03:52:56 PM »
The leather on that white Ishod is pretty dope...if you're into leather.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4806 on: April 23, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »
The leather on that white Ishod is pretty dope...if you're into leather.

Shit I didn't notice that. I am not into leather.

ZEBRA

« Reply #4807 on: April 24, 2016, 12:03:19 AM »
Expand Quote
It sounds like he isn't interested in the free market research we're providing him.
[close]

Nope, I appreciate the free market research. I get it, a bunch of you don't like the name. I also understand that I'm putting it out there pretty raw, no brand story or visual center or whatever. That's fine, I've been working on it for months, checking other names, seeing what's available and not trademarked, applying for trademarks etc before going public, so that's why I'm saying the name is what it is. It's done. There will be more around it soon, so we will go from there. If anything, it's more fire to make the shoes as good as possible.

I'll take feedback all day long, good and bad, but if I don't act on it for whatever reason, don't take offense.

If you want someone to test your shoes, I can help!!! Haha

Just keep in mind, my feet are wide. Also, I'm a size 11.  ;)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4808 on: April 24, 2016, 12:06:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Send ZEBRA some size 11's, I wear sample size 9's.  ;)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ZEBRA

« Reply #4809 on: April 24, 2016, 12:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn you and your sample size foot!!!

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4810 on: April 24, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's not that we want to put you down, because i really want your brand to succeed, and i think everyone here wants that! We're just trying to give you some constructive criticism. Anyway, I'm hyped to see what you got for us, the name doesnt bother me that much.
[close]

Oh absolutely, I get it, no offense taken and nothing personal. I'm glad you guys are all interested enough to give me your thoughts. I never engaged on here because of the way SB runs and I'd probably get in trouble for talking to the public, so it's cool to actually interact with you guys and not worry about that shit anymore.

And for you specifically, if you have any questions about the design process let me know. You going to footwear design school? Ever design to a product brief? Ever build a shoe? Let me know...if you have any questions I'll help where I can.

if you can make american made shoes, i would back the fuck out of your company.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4811 on: April 24, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »
I have no doubt you'll come out with some good shoes in some good colors, and I wish you best of luck. I'll just second shit4brains in questioning the use of "FTW". It reminds me too much of shitty memes and internet lingo. like that idiot high school friend on facebook that you have to unfollow after they post like a picture of a pbr can in the shower and saying "shower beer ftw" or some inane nonsense. just drink your fucking beer man, you didn't just invent getting hammered in artificial rain.

cept that the OG "FTW" has been around a long long time before the internet even existed...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

baravettski

« Reply #4812 on: April 24, 2016, 07:44:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

My company, my sample size...10.5 XD. Let me know if you wanna cram in some 10.5's. And down the road I'm sure I'll get some 9's too, I'll for sure keep you guys in mind for testing. 

And yeah, OG FTW has been around for a long while.

baravettski

« Reply #4813 on: April 24, 2016, 08:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

if you can make american made shoes, i would back the fuck out of your company.

I'm curious about it too, but from what I know the cost is so damn much that you'd be paying a shitton for some shoes you're going to destroy anyway. Maybe we can do a small run of them, we'll see...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4814 on: April 25, 2016, 03:51:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My company, my sample size...10.5 XD. Let me know if you wanna cram in some 10.5's. And down the road I'm sure I'll get some 9's too, I'll for sure keep you guys in mind for testing. 

Bahh... I'm sample size like Tate and nobody sends me shoes! :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4815 on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »
Nike SB x FB Stefan Janoski Elite
Release Date: 05/01/16
Color: Black/Varsity Red/Black
Style #: 833600-006
Price: $135

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

foureyedjim

« Reply #4816 on: April 25, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
haha that's fucking gross

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #4817 on: April 25, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
Looks like Nike is forgetting who Nike SB is for again

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #4818 on: April 25, 2016, 08:51:34 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4820 on: April 25, 2016, 10:55:02 PM »
soccer is big outside of america, you know

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4821 on: April 26, 2016, 12:12:54 AM »

Tried the bruin hypedfeel on feet past weekend when i was in Madrid and holy shit, were they stiff! They felt like bricks on my feet. I dont get the hyperfeel thing if they arent flexible by any means...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #4822 on: April 26, 2016, 08:28:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
soccer is big outside of america, you know

Soccer is pretty fucking huge in America actually, from Mexico to Southern Argentina... America is a continent.

Nevertheless, those are a joke badly told with no punchline.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4823 on: April 26, 2016, 08:50:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm a 10.5  :-*... Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. the market is super stale to me right now, everything looks the same and shit's overpriced.
you never know about pre-cum 

baravettski

« Reply #4824 on: April 26, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm a 10.5  :-*... Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. the market is super stale to me right now, everything looks the same and shit's overpriced.

Rad, message me and we can start talking about testing stuff. Yeah, it's tricky to make something simple but kind of different but that skaters are going to want to wear, but I'll do what I can.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4825 on: April 26, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Koston 3's. Definitely is different than others, but really overpriced.

ZEBRA

« Reply #4826 on: April 26, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My true size is 10.5 actually, but I always have to get an 11 cause of my wide feet. If they're wide enough, 10.5 is perfect. I'm definitely down to try some. If they end up not fitting, I'll just pay the shipping cost and send them back. Let me know!!! I'm definitely interested.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4827 on: April 26, 2016, 04:36:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Koston 3's. Definitely is different than others, but really overpriced.

Yeah, I'm down to try a pair, but that price tag. It'll be in the outlets in no time.
you never know about pre-cum 

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4828 on: April 26, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My true size is 10.5 actually, but I always have to get an 11 cause of my wide feet. If they're wide enough, 10.5 is perfect. I'm definitely down to try some. If they end up not fitting, I'll just pay the shipping cost and send them back. Let me know!!! I'm definitely interested.
I'm a true 10.5 too! but my feet are on the skinny side if that's how your shoes are going to fit :)

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4829 on: April 26, 2016, 05:28:46 PM »
Nike SB x FB Stefan Janoski Elite
Release Date: 05/01/16
Color: Black/Varsity Red/Black
Style #: 833600-006
Price: $135

Nike should have re-released the Lunar Gato with this pack, why force the soccer gimmick on a boat inspired shoe if you already have a soccer shoe for your skate line.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:12:37 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa