Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2359338 times)

concerned_parent and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

ZEBRA

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5100 on: June 08, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote

isn't this like the 3rd or 4th flower Janoski shoe?

at this point i welcome the inevitable Janoski jellies
[close]

I think this was the first ever janoski floral print. I guess back by popular demand.

Probably a QS. I remember the first release was sort of limited.

From what I understand, they're a re-issue, and it'll be a mass release. Zumiez is advertising them for a 6/10 release date

Deepern0ah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #5101 on: June 08, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
iw:

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #5102 on: June 08, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »
Nike SB Koston Hypervulc Skate Shoes Review - Tactics.com

Did he just say it was similar in design to the Koston 3? Isn't it just the Koston 1 with hyper vulc?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5103 on: June 08, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I think this was the first ever janoski floral print. I guess back by popular demand.

[close]

From what I understand, they're a re-issue, and it'll be a mass release. Zumiez is advertising them for a 6/10 release date

Shame, first release was only core skate shops, I am sure of that.. But no more limited shit when it comes to Nike SB anymore.

Don't know who's running things over there, clearly a guy in a suit who sucks balls.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ZEBRA

« Reply #5104 on: June 08, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shame, first release was only core skate shops, I am sure of that.. But no more limited shit when it comes to Nike SB anymore.

Don't know who's running things over there, clearly a guy in a suit who sucks balls.

Pretty much

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #5105 on: June 09, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »
Can anyone comment on the sole differentiation of the Janoski, Bruin, GT Blazer and CK court? They all look the same to me.

Last shoes I skated were vulc bruins that lasted forever. Just started skating some GT blazers.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #5106 on: June 09, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think I said it on here before but I spoke to a guy that works at Nike but solely for the SNKRS app and I asked him about the SB department and he said most if not all are new employees with little to no skateboarding background. They said it's one of their failing departments there in the grand scope of things when comparing to Jordan, Nike Basketball, Running, etc.

If Zumiez gets the release on these, I'll get them for the hell of it.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Such

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5109 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
I like that white/gum/black. When are those out?

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #5110 on: June 09, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »
Those janoskis hyperfeel are fuckin gross, a lot of those sneakers are whack...bring back regular Bruins, bring back the gatos, give weiger a pro shoe, not a colorway, and fuck tevor colden dawg

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #5111 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
Can anyone comment on the sole differentiation of the Janoski, Bruin, GT Blazer and CK court? They all look the same to me.

Last shoes I skated were vulc bruins that lasted forever. Just started skating some GT blazers.

The CK is slightly wider and stiffer than the others. Bruin, GT, and Janoskis are identical in insole shape, they just fit differently because of last construction. I hate the way GTs feel on my foot, but love the All Courts and Janos. Try to get more vulc Bruins if you can find them. I wish I stocked up on the dark red SE. Best skate shoe ever, and I usually go for cupsole. 

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5112 on: June 09, 2016, 04:18:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The CK is slightly wider and stiffer than the others. Bruin, GT, and Janoskis are identical in insole shape, they just fit differently because of last construction. I hate the way GTs feel on my foot, but love the All Courts and Janos. Try to get more vulc Bruins if you can find them. I wish I stocked up on the dark red SE. Best skate shoe ever, and I usually go for cupsole. 

Thanks.

The tread pattern on all 4 look the same. I feel like the bruin has a deeper tread than the GT Blazer. Bruins were also narrower. The blazers fit my foot better.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5113 on: June 10, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5114 on: June 10, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
The sole on these just doesn't seem to fit the shoe at all.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5115 on: June 10, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
I like them. I'm gonna get those white/gum motherfuckers for sure.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5116 on: June 10, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »
The sole on these just doesn't seem to fit the shoe at all.

Looks cheap as hell too with the flat laces, hopefully comes with spare round laces. Since no way in hell a billion dollar company can't afford leather laces on all Janoki's.  :-\

Even if they make a lot, they have enough funds to meet the supply of leather laces.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #5117 on: June 10, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »
I like them. I'm gonna get those white/gum motherfuckers for sure.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5118 on: June 10, 2016, 01:33:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think I said it on here before but I spoke to a guy that works at Nike but solely for the SNKRS app and I asked him about the SB department and he said most if not all are new employees with little to no skateboarding background. They said it's one of their failing departments there in the grand scope of things when comparing to Jordan, Nike Basketball, Running, etc.

If Zumiez gets the release on these, I'll get them for the hell of it.

If still interested, FSR on Nike.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-zoom-stefan-janoski-mens-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10079327/pgid-728260

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5119 on: June 10, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
Does Janoski get royalties from sales of all the variations of his shoes? If so, he's gotta be pulling in more cash than all other riders by a landslide.

vulc
lunarlon
velcro
max
slip-on
hyperfeel

Even when you search nikes website, Janoski has more models and colours than all other pro models combined (prod, koston, ck,gt,ishod)

Such

« Reply #5120 on: June 10, 2016, 02:36:40 PM »
Does Janoski get royalties from sales of all the variations of his shoes? If so, he's gotta be pulling in more cash than all other riders by a landslide.

vulc
lunarlon
velcro
max
slip-on
hyperfeel

Even when you search nikes website, Janoski has more models and colours than all other pro models combined (prod, koston, ck,gt,ishod)

dont forget the max lunar and vulc mid variations

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5121 on: June 10, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks.

The tread pattern on all 4 look the same. I feel like the bruin has a deeper tread than the GT Blazer. Bruins were also narrower. The blazers fit my foot better.

Depth on all 4 should be the same, but could have small variances from factory to factory. The last (shape) and tape are what changes on the rest. Bruin has a slight incline and original blazer texture on the sidewall with stars on the bumper, CK has a mellower texture tape and a wider last, GT has lower sidewall tape height and no texture on the side, original blazer has the taller, more square tape with the old texture.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5122 on: June 10, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks.

[close]

Depth on all 4 should be the same, but could have small variances from factory to factory. The last (shape) and tape are what changes on the rest. Bruin has a slight incline and original blazer texture on the sidewall with stars on the bumper, CK has a mellower texture tape and a wider last, GT has lower sidewall tape height and no texture on the side, original blazer has the taller, more square tape with the old texture.

Dont the blazer mid and the janoskis have a deeper tread? I was almost 100% sure about this. The gt blazer and the bruin look like they have the same tread as the non skate blazers that is a little thinner and shallower. But maybe I'm wrong cause you worked on nike and know this better than me I'm sure ahah

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ungzilla

« Reply #5123 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:56 PM »
blazer mid has way deeper tread than GT/Bruin/CK, that's accurate.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #5124 on: June 10, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »
blazer mid has way deeper tread than GT/Bruin/CK, that's accurate.
yup. shallower seems like its gonna burn through faster.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5125 on: June 10, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #5126 on: June 11, 2016, 12:34:36 AM »
matching socks as well.

ZEBRA

« Reply #5127 on: June 11, 2016, 12:38:31 AM »
-PR9-

Lunar One Shot's: P-Rod colorway??
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:46:02 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

ZEBRA

« Reply #5128 on: June 11, 2016, 12:44:49 AM »

vulc
lunarlon
velcro
max
slip-on
hyperfeel

There was that rumor that Nike bought Janoski's name, which Janoski says is bullshit. I'm guessing that rumor came from Nike making a deal to use his likeness on shoes.

I'm guessing Nike made a deal with Janoski to pay him a huge lump sum, in exchange to use his name and not pay him royalties on the design. I can't imagine Nike paying Janoski all these royalties. If they are still, good for Stefan. Nike is probably kicking themselves in the ass if the royalties are a decent percentage. Haha.

This is all speculation and just a thought I've had for awhile. Anyone else think this is plausible, or know exactly what the deal is??

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #5129 on: June 11, 2016, 06:08:02 AM »
I don't know anything about it. I just guess that they paid him a lump sum because they recently did something like that for LeBron