Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1087366 times)

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5130 on: June 09, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »
http://www.thepremierstore.com/blog_detail.cfm?blogId=4595

isn't this like the 3rd or 4th flower Janoski shoe?

at this point i welcome the inevitable Janoski jellies

I think this was the first ever janoski floral print. I guess back by popular demand.

Probably a QS. I remember the first release was sort of limited.

From what I understand, they're a re-issue, and it'll be a mass release. Zumiez is advertising them for a 6/10 release date

Shame, first release was only core skate shops, I am sure of that.. But no more limited shit when it comes to Nike SB anymore.

Don't know who's running things over there, clearly a guy in a suit who sucks balls.

I think I said it on here before but I spoke to a guy that works at Nike but solely for the SNKRS app and I asked him about the SB department and he said most if not all are new employees with little to no skateboarding background. They said it's one of their failing departments there in the grand scope of things when comparing to Jordan, Nike Basketball, Running, etc.

If Zumiez gets the release on these, I'll get them for the hell of it.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1087
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #5131 on: June 09, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Such

« Reply #5132 on: June 09, 2016, 11:20:12 AM »

they would look pretty good without the swoosh.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #5133 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
I like that white/gum/black. When are those out?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

dumptruck12

• Rep: -40
« Reply #5134 on: June 09, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »
Those janoskis hyperfeel are fuckin gross, a lot of those sneakers are whack...bring back regular Bruins, bring back the gatos, give weiger a pro shoe, not a colorway, and fuck tevor colden dawg

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -7
« Reply #5135 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
Can anyone comment on the sole differentiation of the Janoski, Bruin, GT Blazer and CK court? They all look the same to me.

Last shoes I skated were vulc bruins that lasted forever. Just started skating some GT blazers.

The CK is slightly wider and stiffer than the others. Bruin, GT, and Janoskis are identical in insole shape, they just fit differently because of last construction. I hate the way GTs feel on my foot, but love the All Courts and Janos. Try to get more vulc Bruins if you can find them. I wish I stocked up on the dark red SE. Best skate shoe ever, and I usually go for cupsole. 

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
    • Fairways & Flips
« Reply #5136 on: June 09, 2016, 04:18:17 PM »
Can anyone comment on the sole differentiation of the Janoski, Bruin, GT Blazer and CK court? They all look the same to me.

Last shoes I skated were vulc bruins that lasted forever. Just started skating some GT blazers.

The CK is slightly wider and stiffer than the others. Bruin, GT, and Janoskis are identical in insole shape, they just fit differently because of last construction. I hate the way GTs feel on my foot, but love the All Courts and Janos. Try to get more vulc Bruins if you can find them. I wish I stocked up on the dark red SE. Best skate shoe ever, and I usually go for cupsole. 

Thanks.

The tread pattern on all 4 look the same. I feel like the bruin has a deeper tread than the GT Blazer. Bruins were also narrower. The blazers fit my foot better.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #5137 on: June 10, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #5138 on: June 10, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
The sole on these just doesn't seem to fit the shoe at all.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5139 on: June 10, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
I like them. I'm gonna get those white/gum motherfuckers for sure.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5140 on: June 10, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »
The sole on these just doesn't seem to fit the shoe at all.

Looks cheap as hell too with the flat laces, hopefully comes with spare round laces. Since no way in hell a billion dollar company can't afford leather laces on all Janoki's.  :-\

Even if they make a lot, they have enough funds to meet the supply of leather laces.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -231
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #5141 on: June 10, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »
I like them. I'm gonna get those white/gum motherfuckers for sure.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5142 on: June 10, 2016, 01:33:12 PM »
http://www.thepremierstore.com/blog_detail.cfm?blogId=4595

isn't this like the 3rd or 4th flower Janoski shoe?

at this point i welcome the inevitable Janoski jellies

I think this was the first ever janoski floral print. I guess back by popular demand.

Probably a QS. I remember the first release was sort of limited.

From what I understand, they're a re-issue, and it'll be a mass release. Zumiez is advertising them for a 6/10 release date

Shame, first release was only core skate shops, I am sure of that.. But no more limited shit when it comes to Nike SB anymore.

Don't know who's running things over there, clearly a guy in a suit who sucks balls.

I think I said it on here before but I spoke to a guy that works at Nike but solely for the SNKRS app and I asked him about the SB department and he said most if not all are new employees with little to no skateboarding background. They said it's one of their failing departments there in the grand scope of things when comparing to Jordan, Nike Basketball, Running, etc.

If Zumiez gets the release on these, I'll get them for the hell of it.

If still interested, FSR on Nike.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-zoom-stefan-janoski-mens-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10079327/pgid-728260

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
    • Fairways & Flips
« Reply #5143 on: June 10, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
Does Janoski get royalties from sales of all the variations of his shoes? If so, he's gotta be pulling in more cash than all other riders by a landslide.

vulc
lunarlon
velcro
max
slip-on
hyperfeel

Even when you search nikes website, Janoski has more models and colours than all other pro models combined (prod, koston, ck,gt,ishod)

Such

« Reply #5144 on: June 10, 2016, 02:36:40 PM »
Does Janoski get royalties from sales of all the variations of his shoes? If so, he's gotta be pulling in more cash than all other riders by a landslide.

vulc
lunarlon
velcro
max
slip-on
hyperfeel

Even when you search nikes website, Janoski has more models and colours than all other pro models combined (prod, koston, ck,gt,ishod)

dont forget the max lunar and vulc mid variations

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5145 on: June 10, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »

Thanks.

The tread pattern on all 4 look the same. I feel like the bruin has a deeper tread than the GT Blazer. Bruins were also narrower. The blazers fit my foot better.

Depth on all 4 should be the same, but could have small variances from factory to factory. The last (shape) and tape are what changes on the rest. Bruin has a slight incline and original blazer texture on the sidewall with stars on the bumper, CK has a mellower texture tape and a wider last, GT has lower sidewall tape height and no texture on the side, original blazer has the taller, more square tape with the old texture.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5146 on: June 10, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »

Thanks.

Depth on all 4 should be the same, but could have small variances from factory to factory. The last (shape) and tape are what changes on the rest. Bruin has a slight incline and original blazer texture on the sidewall with stars on the bumper, CK has a mellower texture tape and a wider last, GT has lower sidewall tape height and no texture on the side, original blazer has the taller, more square tape with the old texture.

Dont the blazer mid and the janoskis have a deeper tread? I was almost 100% sure about this. The gt blazer and the bruin look like they have the same tread as the non skate blazers that is a little thinner and shallower. But maybe I'm wrong cause you worked on nike and know this better than me I'm sure ahah

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • THEY OWE
« Reply #5147 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:56 PM »
blazer mid has way deeper tread than GT/Bruin/CK, that's accurate.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #5148 on: June 10, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »
blazer mid has way deeper tread than GT/Bruin/CK, that's accurate.
yup. shallower seems like its gonna burn through faster.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5149 on: June 10, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #5150 on: June 11, 2016, 12:34:36 AM »
matching socks as well.

ZEBRA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5151 on: June 11, 2016, 12:38:31 AM »
-PR9-

Lunar One Shot's: P-Rod colorway??
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:46:02 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
Shopping at Zumiez.....

Look motherfuck, I just want to buy my "Purple Drank" shirt and get the fuck out so I can get home in time to steal some Virginia Slims from my mom before she gets home from work.

ZEBRA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5152 on: June 11, 2016, 12:44:49 AM »

vulc
lunarlon
velcro
max
slip-on
hyperfeel

There was that rumor that Nike bought Janoski's name, which Janoski says is bullshit. I'm guessing that rumor came from Nike making a deal to use his likeness on shoes.

I'm guessing Nike made a deal with Janoski to pay him a huge lump sum, in exchange to use his name and not pay him royalties on the design. I can't imagine Nike paying Janoski all these royalties. If they are still, good for Stefan. Nike is probably kicking themselves in the ass if the royalties are a decent percentage. Haha.

This is all speculation and just a thought I've had for awhile. Anyone else think this is plausible, or know exactly what the deal is??
Shopping at Zumiez.....

Look motherfuck, I just want to buy my "Purple Drank" shirt and get the fuck out so I can get home in time to steal some Virginia Slims from my mom before she gets home from work.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #5153 on: June 11, 2016, 06:08:02 AM »
I don't know anything about it. I just guess that they paid him a lump sum because they recently did something like that for LeBron

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5154 on: June 11, 2016, 07:13:04 AM »
Every time I pick up one of the new Hyperfeel models I can't help but think Nike is saving a shit ton of money on labor and materials.

Less stitching, fewer layers - just glue sole to upper, drop in extruded foam insole (that now takes the place of midsole and in some cases, strobel). Charge same amount or more.

Jordick

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5155 on: June 11, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »
-PR9-

Lunar One Shot's: P-Rod colorway??
those look pretty badass. When did those come out?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:46:09 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
You think he just rolled out of bed and b/s 360 mannied the roselyn banks?

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #5156 on: June 11, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »
Every time I pick up one of the new Hyperfeel models I can't help but think Nike is saving a shit ton of money on labor and materials.

Less stitching, fewer layers - just glue sole to upper, drop in extruded foam insole (that now takes the place of midsole and in some cases, strobel). Charge same amount or more.
You're totally right about saving in cost and charging more. The margin they make is fucked. Only products I will ever buy from them are either Blazer mids or Dunks purchased on sale at skateshops.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5157 on: June 11, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »

You're totally right about saving in cost and charging more. The margin they make is fucked. Only products I will ever buy from them are either Blazer mids or Dunks purchased on sale at skateshops.

I dont like drop-in insoles, I think that no mather how good the insole is a good midsole always does a better work. None of those thick Lunarlon insoles will save your feet, and no other insole fits right in the shoes. Also, that Hyperfeel thing is a pure gimmick. I tried the Bruin Hyperfeel on foot and they felt like bricks, really stiff, no "feel" whatsoever. I think you need to go through a break in phase for those shoes when I really thought they were aiming for a instant broke in feeling with those. I just hope people dont burn retail price on those things and get them on the low!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5158 on: June 11, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »
Fuck all y'all I'm getting them.

Such

« Reply #5159 on: June 11, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »

I dont like drop-in insoles, I think that no mather how good the insole is a good midsole always does a better work. None of those thick Lunarlon insoles will save your feet, and no other insole fits right in the shoes. Also, that Hyperfeel thing is a pure gimmick. I tried the Bruin Hyperfeel on foot and they felt like bricks, really stiff, no "feel" whatsoever. I think you need to go through a break in phase for those shoes when I really thought they were aiming for a instant broke in feeling with those. I just hope people dont burn retail price on those things and get them on the low!

this! midsole + footprints is the only answer.