Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357883 times)

ugly flacko, Puddy Smally, oldxdad, BoxStuffer and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5130 on: June 11, 2016, 07:13:04 AM »
Every time I pick up one of the new Hyperfeel models I can't help but think Nike is saving a shit ton of money on labor and materials.

Less stitching, fewer layers - just glue sole to upper, drop in extruded foam insole (that now takes the place of midsole and in some cases, strobel). Charge same amount or more.

Jordick

« Reply #5131 on: June 11, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
-PR9-
[close]

Lunar One Shot's: P-Rod colorway??
those look pretty badass. When did those come out?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:46:09 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #5132 on: June 11, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »
Every time I pick up one of the new Hyperfeel models I can't help but think Nike is saving a shit ton of money on labor and materials.

Less stitching, fewer layers - just glue sole to upper, drop in extruded foam insole (that now takes the place of midsole and in some cases, strobel). Charge same amount or more.
You're totally right about saving in cost and charging more. The margin they make is fucked. Only products I will ever buy from them are either Blazer mids or Dunks purchased on sale at skateshops.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5133 on: June 11, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You're totally right about saving in cost and charging more. The margin they make is fucked. Only products I will ever buy from them are either Blazer mids or Dunks purchased on sale at skateshops.

I dont like drop-in insoles, I think that no mather how good the insole is a good midsole always does a better work. None of those thick Lunarlon insoles will save your feet, and no other insole fits right in the shoes. Also, that Hyperfeel thing is a pure gimmick. I tried the Bruin Hyperfeel on foot and they felt like bricks, really stiff, no "feel" whatsoever. I think you need to go through a break in phase for those shoes when I really thought they were aiming for a instant broke in feeling with those. I just hope people dont burn retail price on those things and get them on the low!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5134 on: June 11, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »
Fuck all y'all I'm getting them.

Such

« Reply #5135 on: June 11, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I dont like drop-in insoles, I think that no mather how good the insole is a good midsole always does a better work. None of those thick Lunarlon insoles will save your feet, and no other insole fits right in the shoes. Also, that Hyperfeel thing is a pure gimmick. I tried the Bruin Hyperfeel on foot and they felt like bricks, really stiff, no "feel" whatsoever. I think you need to go through a break in phase for those shoes when I really thought they were aiming for a instant broke in feeling with those. I just hope people dont burn retail price on those things and get them on the low!

this! midsole + footprints is the only answer.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #5136 on: June 12, 2016, 01:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

interesting. i know the BAs work well on you SKATAN. Those work amazing on my feet too. The Koston 2 and Cons KA 2 which both have the lunarlon insole worked really well on my feet with barley any pain.. I just skate the Lakai Staple vulc with the FP insoles and couldn't get em to work..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5137 on: June 12, 2016, 02:41:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

interesting. i know the BAs work well on you SKATAN. Those work amazing on my feet too. The Koston 2 and Cons KA 2 which both have the lunarlon insole worked really well on my feet with barley any pain.. I just skate the Lakai Staple vulc with the FP insoles and couldn't get em to work..

I have the Koston huarache's which have the same outsole/insole as the Koston 2's and i think they arent anything special. The fit was tight as hell in the first time, gave me blisters, and i feel like the lunarlon insole is somehow overrated. They work better on my modified chuck taylors (were they feel like an actual improvement) than on the koston's. The mix that the BA's or the Prod 7's had that was a lunarlon midsole with a ortholite insole worked hundred times better when it comes to cushioning, support and confort. I'm glad i got them for 60% less.

I dont know how's the Staple structure. It is a drop in insole construction too? If it is the fp's may sit a lot lower and feel too thin to skate.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:36:07 AM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baravettski

• Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5138 on: June 12, 2016, 11:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can anyone comment on the sole differentiation of the Janoski, Bruin, GT Blazer and CK court? They all look the same to me.

Last shoes I skated were vulc bruins that lasted forever. Just started skating some GT blazers.
[close]

The CK is slightly wider and stiffer than the others. Bruin, GT, and Janoskis are identical in insole shape, they just fit differently because of last construction. I hate the way GTs feel on my foot, but love the All Courts and Janos. Try to get more vulc Bruins if you can find them. I wish I stocked up on the dark red SE. Best skate shoe ever, and I usually go for cupsole. 
[close]

Thanks.

The tread pattern on all 4 look the same. I feel like the bruin has a deeper tread than the GT Blazer. Bruins were also narrower. The blazers fit my foot better.
[close]

Depth on all 4 should be the same, but could have small variances from factory to factory. The last (shape) and tape are what changes on the rest. Bruin has a slight incline and original blazer texture on the sidewall with stars on the bumper, CK has a mellower texture tape and a wider last, GT has lower sidewall tape height and no texture on the side, original blazer has the taller, more square tape with the old texture.
[close]

Dont the blazer mid and the janoskis have a deeper tread? I was almost 100% sure about this. The gt blazer and the bruin look like they have the same tread as the non skate blazers that is a little thinner and shallower. But maybe I'm wrong cause you worked on nike and know this better than me I'm sure ahah

Blazer and Janoski have less herringbone "fins" so it looks like they are deeper, the fins are more concentrated in the Bruins etc but there should be a standard thickness for all those vulc outsoles, with variance of maybe +/- 1mm or so, maybe even .5. I can't say for sure but I haven't cut any apart yet, but that's what it should be.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #5139 on: June 12, 2016, 07:58:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I have the Koston huarache's which have the same outsole/insole as the Koston 2's and i think they arent anything special. The fit was tight as hell in the first time, gave me blisters, and i feel like the lunarlon insole is somehow overrated. They work better on my modified chuck taylors (were they feel like an actual improvement) than on the koston's. The mix that the BA's or the Prod 7's had that was a lunarlon midsole with a ortholite insole worked hundred times better when it comes to cushioning, support and confort. I'm glad i got them for 60% less.

I dont know how's the Staple structure. It is a drop in insole construction too? If it is the fp's may sit a lot lower and feel too thin to skate.

yes i agree 100% on how the prod 7 and project BA had the lunarmid sole with the thin insole. that worked way better than the thicker one thats on the koston one and two as well as other models from nike/cons. did any other shoes have the same midsole as the project ba/prod7? i tried the lunar janoski's but they felt too thin
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #5140 on: June 12, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes i agree 100% on how the prod 7 and project BA had the lunarmid sole with the thin insole. that worked way better than the thicker one thats on the koston one and two as well as other models from nike/cons. did any other shoes have the same midsole as the project ba/prod7? i tried the lunar janoski's but they felt too thin

P. Rod 8, Lunar Gato (Gato is thinner)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5141 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lunar one shot too... those and the lunar janoski's have the same sole construction, that is similar to the BA's/prod 7 (the lunar gato was more like a in between i think) but thinner for a better boardfeel. I dont like how thin they felt too but at least they had a better fit than those drop-in insoles, i feel like they had more substance to them. 
The emerica g6 cupsoles (herman, reynolds, westgate) had a similar construction if you're looking for something close, just the midsole was the g6 foam instead of lunarlon.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5142 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lunar one shot too... those and the lunar janoski's have the same sole construction, that is similar to the BA's/prod 7 (the lunar gato was more like a in between i think) but thinner for a better boardfeel. I dont like how thin they felt too but at least they had a better fit than those drop-in insoles, i feel like they had more substance to them. 
The emerica g6 cupsoles (herman, reynolds, westgate) had a similar construction if you're looking for something close, just the midsole was the g6 foam instead of lunarlon.

Yeah, BA, P Rod 7 and 8 and the Gato all have outsole/midsole construction with a foam carrier and lunar built into it. The Oneshot is a really thin cupsole with a tiny wedge of lunar in the back and then that real thin insole, so it's just hella thin all the way around.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #5143 on: June 13, 2016, 10:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can anyone comment on the sole differentiation of the Janoski, Bruin, GT Blazer and CK court? They all look the same to me.

Last shoes I skated were vulc bruins that lasted forever. Just started skating some GT blazers.
[close]

The CK is slightly wider and stiffer than the others. Bruin, GT, and Janoskis are identical in insole shape, they just fit differently because of last construction. I hate the way GTs feel on my foot, but love the All Courts and Janos. Try to get more vulc Bruins if you can find them. I wish I stocked up on the dark red SE. Best skate shoe ever, and I usually go for cupsole. 
[close]

Thanks.

The tread pattern on all 4 look the same. I feel like the bruin has a deeper tread than the GT Blazer. Bruins were also narrower. The blazers fit my foot better.
[close]

Depth on all 4 should be the same, but could have small variances from factory to factory. The last (shape) and tape are what changes on the rest. Bruin has a slight incline and original blazer texture on the sidewall with stars on the bumper, CK has a mellower texture tape and a wider last, GT has lower sidewall tape height and no texture on the side, original blazer has the taller, more square tape with the old texture.
[close]

Dont the blazer mid and the janoskis have a deeper tread? I was almost 100% sure about this. The gt blazer and the bruin look like they have the same tread as the non skate blazers that is a little thinner and shallower. But maybe I'm wrong cause you worked on nike and know this better than me I'm sure ahah
[close]

Blazer and Janoski have less herringbone "fins" so it looks like they are deeper, the fins are more concentrated in the Bruins etc but there should be a standard thickness for all those vulc outsoles, with variance of maybe +/- 1mm or so, maybe even .5. I can't say for sure but I haven't cut any apart yet, but that's what it should be.

Thanks for the clarification!

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #5144 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:40 AM »

shit_for_brains

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5146 on: June 14, 2016, 10:03:32 AM »
Expand Quote
-SB Janoski-
[close]

These are nice.

One of the best. Reed/Stone. July 2009 release. One of my favs.

Will def grab a new pair.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:46:31 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:43:55 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5148 on: June 14, 2016, 11:12:41 AM »

These are really nice. I am digging this more than the black heel.

I've changed my mind about the Bruin hyperfeel. Initially I thought they felt a little long in the toe but after wearing them around a bit they fit perfectly.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5149 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »
Expand Quote
-SB Bruin Hyperfeel-
[close]

These are really nice. I am digging this more than the black heel.

I've changed my mind about the Bruin hyperfeel. Initially I thought they felt a little long in the toe but after wearing them around a bit they fit perfectly.

getting flashbacks to a pair of nikes I had waaaay back in the day (mid 80's).  Bloody loved them, until one night I decided to colour one in with a fluro highlighter pen
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:45:26 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5150 on: June 14, 2016, 02:13:37 PM »
bringing back leather laces as a standard? or only on reissues

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5151 on: June 14, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5152 on: June 14, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »
lol he says they're hyperfeel ??? They're just some mall shop shoes!

They remind me a bit of the Omar vulc model. Can't say for sure why. They're not bad looking but I don't fuck with those B team models.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5153 on: June 14, 2016, 10:18:11 PM »
bringing back leather laces as a standard? or only on reissues

Sadly, only OG colors. Some QS come with it, but usually premium label.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5154 on: June 15, 2016, 01:44:34 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5155 on: June 15, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
-Nike SB PR9 elite-

This colorway is really good, i must say!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:49:33 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #5157 on: June 16, 2016, 01:21:20 AM »
in b4 pizza discussion

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5158 on: June 16, 2016, 01:36:30 AM »
in b4 pizza discussion

;)
Yo guy that argues about pizza (sorry username escapes me), it's your time to shine AND stay on topic ;D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5159 on: June 16, 2016, 04:17:59 AM »
p rod's shoes aren't exciting. there's a reason barely anyone on the team skates them, ever.

bring these back.

good come sausage