Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2358512 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5160 on: June 16, 2016, 05:37:49 AM »
p rod's shoes aren't exciting. there's a reason barely anyone on the team skates them, ever.

bring these back.

-nike-p-rod-zoom-sb-low-black-purple-white-

some of the one's after the 3's were pretty bland and looked similar to the previous ones. i felt the 7s were really sick. i know a lot of PALS were hyped on em; solid cupsole, good midsole and that pointy toe! the 8s were horrible IMO and the 9s look sick!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:01:34 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Such

« Reply #5161 on: June 16, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
http://www.thepremierstore.com/blog_detail.cfm?blogId=4606

Expand Quote
in b4 pizza discussion
[close]

;)
Yo guy that argues about pizza (sorry username escapes me), it's your time to shine AND stay on topic ;D

yo i know your just joking but seriously, what the fuck kinda pizza is that supposed to be? if i have to wear a pizza shoe i dont want people to think i eat shit pizza. its just cheese, pepperoni, and oregano, which by the way looks like dried up sprinkled shit. at least have some mushroom or bacon or something else on there? 3 toppings? what kind of medieval shit is this? Look, the modern pizza was originally invented in Naples, Italy but the word pizza is Greek in origin, derived from the Greek word pēktos meaning solid or clotted. The ancient Greeks covered their bread with oils, herbs and cheese. The first major innovation that led to flat bread pizza was the use of tomato as a topping. It was common for the poor of the area around Naples to add tomato to their yeast-based flat bread, and so the pizza began.

While it is difficult to say for sure who invented the pizza, it is however believed that modern pizza was first made by baker Raffaele Esposito of Naples. In fact, a popular urban legend holds that the archetypal pizza, Pizza Margherita, was invented in 1889, when the Royal Palace of Capodimonte commissioned the Neapolitan pizzaiolo Raffaele Esposito to create a pizza in honor of the visiting Queen Margherita. Of the three different pizzas he created, the Queen strongly preferred a pie swathed in the colors of the Italian flag: red (tomato), green (basil), and white (mozzarella). Supposedly, this kind of pizza was then named after the Queen as Pizza Margherita.

For millennia, pizza, a food of various origins and multiple styles, has played an important role in the diet of those who inhabited the land now called Italy. Neolithic nomads, the Etruscans from the North, and the Greeks from southern regions were the three earliest societies to develop pizza prototypes, for example, focaccia. Each group made small adaptations that changed the original product into a slightly more refined dish.

As early as the Stone Age, Neolithic hunter-gatherer tribal groups foraged throughout what would become Italy for wild grains, among them wheat varieties such as emmer and einkorn, as well as barley. Commonly first soaked or boiled, these grains were mashed into pastes and cooked on hot stones over open fires.

Later, around 1000 B.C.E., the Etruscans, a people of uncertain origin, introduced their flatbread to Northern Italy. Like the Neolithic tribes before them, the Etruscans pounded their grains. However, unlike their predecessors, the Etruscans baked their mash on stones and buried the stones in the ashes, creating smoky tasting bread. They further elaborated on the primitive Neolithic flatbread by seasoning the mash with oil and herbs after baking it. Though little more than rough slabs of cooked grain, these Etruscan flatbreads, among the earliest forms of this type of food documented, were often used as dough "plates" in lieu of dishes.

The Greeks, who had superior baking skills and technology, further advanced and elaborated on pizza during their 600-year (730�130 B.C.E.) occupation of the southern areas of the Italian peninsula. Like their predecessors, they produced a grain-based mash, but instead of placing the toppings on the cooked breads, they placed them on the raw dough prior to baking, perhaps to ensure a more highly flavored dish. Plakuntos, for example, flat, round breads, were made with various simple toppings, among them oil, garlic, onion, and herbs. Additional Greek contributions included the use of ovens, instead of open fires, and the development of kneading, which produced a more digestible bread. Evelyne Sloman highlights early excerpts from Plato's Republic that refer to meals created from barley flour kneaded and cooked into "cakes" with olives and cheese (Sloman, 1984, p. 5).

Although it is not firmly established, many also credit the Greeks with improving on the knowledge of leavening agents that came down to them from the Egyptians, and then introducing yeast into their own flatbreads. The Greeks also added a raised rim to the outside of their dough circles, to stabilize their dough "plates," making them easier to hold, and, perhaps, even helping to keep the toppings in place.

Much later, the Romans combined the Etruscan and Greek techniques to create the pizza antecedent most like the pizza known today. They valued the intense heat the Etruscans achieved by baking their flatbreads below the fire, and they appreciated the Greek idea of preseasoning the dough. They also modified the Greek plakuntos. Known to them by the Latin term placenta, their adapted bread, though still round, was topped with cheese and baked on a wood-burning hearth. Laganum, a light, thin wafer bread, was also cooked on the hearth.

If the Greeks and Etruscans were primarily responsible for creating the prototypes of what was to become pizza, and the ancient Romans were responsible for improving it, it was largely the Neapolitans who brought it fame. Probably not coincidentally, the Neapolitans were responsible for the addition of the ingredient most commonly associated with pizza today�the tomato.

No one is sure of the precise reason, but it took well over two centuries from the time the New World tomato was introduced to the continent of Europe during the Columbian food exchange for Neapolitans, and various other inhabitants of the peninsula, to begin consuming tomatoes in quantity.

There are several theories about why adoption of a fruit that has almost come to symbolize Italian cuisine took so long. One argues that it was because tomatoes were believed to be poisonous, another that the earliest tomatoes were inferior and, therefore, eaten only in modest amounts until quality improved enough to make the fruit genuinely popular. In the area of Naples, for example, a key moment appears to have come in the middle of the eighteenth century with the development of a pleasing, large, and sweet tomato. The fruit quickly became the mainstay of Neapolitan pizza toppings.

It was also around this time, during the era of Bourbon King Ferdinando I and Queen Maria Carolina, whose empire included Naples, that one of the earliest pizza legends took root. In one version of the story, the queen (Marie Antoinette's sister and the daughter of Empress Maria Teresa of Austria) is said to have been described by the king as having "common tastes," apparently a quality thought to explain her love of pizza, a dish of the people. It is, however, a measure of the confounding nature of pizza lore that in a variant of the story, it is the king who relishes pizza and the refined queen who does not understand his passion.

Whichever of their majesties was the real enthusiast, the object of desire was probably flavored with lard (a less expensive alternative to oil), tomatoes, salt, and sometimes tiny eels, anchovies, or sardines. Over time, craving for this pie became so great that either the king, to gratify his wife's yearning, or the queen, to gratify the king's hunger, had a pizza oven built at the Capodimonte palace, so they could make the dish at home, an act that brought the pie even more attention. Pizza became the fashion, and other nobles followed suit, building pizza ovens where they lived.

However, it was not until 1889, a time when yet another ingredient is purported to have become part of the equation, that pizza began its march toward wide celebrity. It was then that inspiration is said to have struck Raffaele Esposito, a noted Neapolitan pizzaiolo (pizza chef), who decided to pay homage to Queen Margherita and King Umberto I of Savoia, the ruling house of Italy, by adding mozzarella to the traditional tomato and basil pie. The combination of red, white, and green suggested the colors of the Italian flag and saluted the United Kingdom of Italy, a gesture that for patriotic reasons is said to have made the pie a favorite of the queen.

Though most stories of origin give Esposito credit for adding cheese and thereby inventing the tri-color pizza, still known as Pizza Margherita, others deny it, believing that mozzarella had been used earlier. There is no doubt, however, that Esposito popularized the "made for each other" combination of cheese, dough, and tomato that produced a dish even more delicious than before, thereby setting the modest pie on a course to fame that he could never have imagined.

In Italy today, pizza exists in a number of regional styles, of which two of the most famous are the Neapolitan and the Roman. Both schools knead the dough, but pizza alla Napoletana is round, has a high border, takes diverse toppings, and is generally sold in pizzerias, while pizza alla Romana, also called pizza bianca, is more or less rectangular, often as much as a meter long, topped only with oil and salt, and sold by weight, primarily in bakeries and groceries, according to the size of the piece requested. Many other regions of Italy�Sicily, for example�also have distinctive versions of pizza. However, the popularity of the dish has meant that the styles are not always confined to the geographical areas in which they were created. Neapolitan-style pizza, for example, can be found in many places in Italy, as can Pizza alla Romana.

basically what im trying to say is, that shoe sucks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:33:13 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

McCly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #5162 on: June 16, 2016, 05:45:56 PM »
p rod's shoes aren't exciting. there's a reason barely anyone on the team skates them, ever.

bring these back.

I have no idea why they only brought back the white PRod 1 for a single month last year as a fucking quickstrike. Of all the shoes for them to not over produce the hell out of. I didn't even try to get the Jordan prod 1/9 hybrid thanks to the Jordanheads. Nike cupsoles are shit now. Hyperfeel is a joke and the Ishod Dunk is way too overpriced for me to skate mine and replace. Thank goodness for New Balance.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:33:21 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5163 on: June 16, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote

bring these back.

[close]

I have no idea why they only brought back the white PRod 1 for a single month last year as a fucking quickstrike. Of all the shoes for them to not over produce the hell out of. I didn't even try to get the Jordan prod 1/9 hybrid thanks to the Jordanheads. Nike cupsoles are shit now. Hyperfeel is a joke and the Ishod Dunk is way too overpriced for me to skate mine and replace. Thank goodness for New Balance.

10 year anniversary of the first p-rod pro model and color. They ended up at outers months after, wasn't hard to get at all.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ZEBRA

« Reply #5164 on: June 16, 2016, 11:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

bring these back.

[close]

[close]

10 year anniversary of the first p-rod pro model and color. They ended up at outers months after, wasn't hard to get at all.

Yup. I fucked up not grabbing a pair.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #5165 on: June 17, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

bring these back.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck man. I don't have any outlets near me and my shop sold out the release weekend. Oh well. At least I got the camo floral Jano remakes yesterday.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5166 on: June 17, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

bring these back.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck man. I don't have any outlets near me and my shop sold out the release weekend. Oh well. At least I got the camo floral Jano remakes yesterday.

Me too, off Nike. They have a full size run. :)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #5168 on: June 18, 2016, 03:13:25 AM »
koston/sb (steve berra) collab?

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #5169 on: June 18, 2016, 03:42:57 AM »
Minimalist skytop?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5170 on: June 18, 2016, 05:24:31 AM »
I hate that shoe but I like that white/gum

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #5171 on: June 18, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »
That grey/gum Koston would be alright if it didn't have that SB on it.

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5172 on: June 18, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
the beginning of being able to nascar your shoes for street league

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #5173 on: June 18, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
i wonder how long before big logo skate pants will become a thing

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5174 on: June 18, 2016, 10:05:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i wonder how long before big logo skate pants will become a thing

#trendwatch2k17??
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

Such

« Reply #5175 on: June 19, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »
what makes a premium shoe premium?

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5176 on: June 19, 2016, 10:05:20 AM »

the price tag

Jake From State Farm

ZEBRA

« Reply #5178 on: June 19, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the price tag

I use to think it was the materials, but I've seen Nike slap the Premium tag on an all canvas SB.

So yeah, it's the price tag that makes it premium in most cases.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5179 on: June 19, 2016, 09:30:01 PM »
yo i know your just joking but seriously, what the fuck kinda pizza is that supposed to be? if i have to wear a pizza shoe i dont want people to think i eat shit pizza. its just cheese, pepperoni, and oregano, which by the way looks like dried up sprinkled shit. at least have some mushroom or bacon or something else on there? 3 toppings? what kind of medieval shit is this? Look, the modern pizza was originally invented in Naples, Italy but the word pizza is Greek in origin, derived from the Greek word pēktos meaning solid or clotted. The ancient Greeks covered their bread with oils, herbs and cheese. The first major innovation that led to flat bread pizza was the use of tomato as a topping. It was common for the poor of the area around Naples to add tomato to their yeast-based flat bread, and so the pizza began.

While it is difficult to say for sure who invented the pizza, it is however believed that modern pizza was first made by baker Raffaele Esposito of Naples. In fact, a popular urban legend holds that the archetypal pizza, Pizza Margherita, was invented in 1889, when the Royal Palace of Capodimonte commissioned the Neapolitan pizzaiolo Raffaele Esposito to create a pizza in honor of the visiting Queen Margherita. Of the three different pizzas he created, the Queen strongly preferred a pie swathed in the colors of the Italian flag: red (tomato), green (basil), and white (mozzarella). Supposedly, this kind of pizza was then named after the Queen as Pizza Margherita.

For millennia, pizza, a food of various origins and multiple styles, has played an important role in the diet of those who inhabited the land now called Italy. Neolithic nomads, the Etruscans from the North, and the Greeks from southern regions were the three earliest societies to develop pizza prototypes, for example, focaccia. Each group made small adaptations that changed the original product into a slightly more refined dish.

As early as the Stone Age, Neolithic hunter-gatherer tribal groups foraged throughout what would become Italy for wild grains, among them wheat varieties such as emmer and einkorn, as well as barley. Commonly first soaked or boiled, these grains were mashed into pastes and cooked on hot stones over open fires.

Later, around 1000 B.C.E., the Etruscans, a people of uncertain origin, introduced their flatbread to Northern Italy. Like the Neolithic tribes before them, the Etruscans pounded their grains. However, unlike their predecessors, the Etruscans baked their mash on stones and buried the stones in the ashes, creating smoky tasting bread. They further elaborated on the primitive Neolithic flatbread by seasoning the mash with oil and herbs after baking it. Though little more than rough slabs of cooked grain, these Etruscan flatbreads, among the earliest forms of this type of food documented, were often used as dough "plates" in lieu of dishes.

The Greeks, who had superior baking skills and technology, further advanced and elaborated on pizza during their 600-year (730�130 B.C.E.) occupation of the southern areas of the Italian peninsula. Like their predecessors, they produced a grain-based mash, but instead of placing the toppings on the cooked breads, they placed them on the raw dough prior to baking, perhaps to ensure a more highly flavored dish. Plakuntos, for example, flat, round breads, were made with various simple toppings, among them oil, garlic, onion, and herbs. Additional Greek contributions included the use of ovens, instead of open fires, and the development of kneading, which produced a more digestible bread. Evelyne Sloman highlights early excerpts from Plato's Republic that refer to meals created from barley flour kneaded and cooked into "cakes" with olives and cheese (Sloman, 1984, p. 5).

Although it is not firmly established, many also credit the Greeks with improving on the knowledge of leavening agents that came down to them from the Egyptians, and then introducing yeast into their own flatbreads. The Greeks also added a raised rim to the outside of their dough circles, to stabilize their dough "plates," making them easier to hold, and, perhaps, even helping to keep the toppings in place.

Much later, the Romans combined the Etruscan and Greek techniques to create the pizza antecedent most like the pizza known today. They valued the intense heat the Etruscans achieved by baking their flatbreads below the fire, and they appreciated the Greek idea of preseasoning the dough. They also modified the Greek plakuntos. Known to them by the Latin term placenta, their adapted bread, though still round, was topped with cheese and baked on a wood-burning hearth. Laganum, a light, thin wafer bread, was also cooked on the hearth.

If the Greeks and Etruscans were primarily responsible for creating the prototypes of what was to become pizza, and the ancient Romans were responsible for improving it, it was largely the Neapolitans who brought it fame. Probably not coincidentally, the Neapolitans were responsible for the addition of the ingredient most commonly associated with pizza today�the tomato.

No one is sure of the precise reason, but it took well over two centuries from the time the New World tomato was introduced to the continent of Europe during the Columbian food exchange for Neapolitans, and various other inhabitants of the peninsula, to begin consuming tomatoes in quantity.

There are several theories about why adoption of a fruit that has almost come to symbolize Italian cuisine took so long. One argues that it was because tomatoes were believed to be poisonous, another that the earliest tomatoes were inferior and, therefore, eaten only in modest amounts until quality improved enough to make the fruit genuinely popular. In the area of Naples, for example, a key moment appears to have come in the middle of the eighteenth century with the development of a pleasing, large, and sweet tomato. The fruit quickly became the mainstay of Neapolitan pizza toppings.

It was also around this time, during the era of Bourbon King Ferdinando I and Queen Maria Carolina, whose empire included Naples, that one of the earliest pizza legends took root. In one version of the story, the queen (Marie Antoinette's sister and the daughter of Empress Maria Teresa of Austria) is said to have been described by the king as having "common tastes," apparently a quality thought to explain her love of pizza, a dish of the people. It is, however, a measure of the confounding nature of pizza lore that in a variant of the story, it is the king who relishes pizza and the refined queen who does not understand his passion.

Whichever of their majesties was the real enthusiast, the object of desire was probably flavored with lard (a less expensive alternative to oil), tomatoes, salt, and sometimes tiny eels, anchovies, or sardines. Over time, craving for this pie became so great that either the king, to gratify his wife's yearning, or the queen, to gratify the king's hunger, had a pizza oven built at the Capodimonte palace, so they could make the dish at home, an act that brought the pie even more attention. Pizza became the fashion, and other nobles followed suit, building pizza ovens where they lived.

However, it was not until 1889, a time when yet another ingredient is purported to have become part of the equation, that pizza began its march toward wide celebrity. It was then that inspiration is said to have struck Raffaele Esposito, a noted Neapolitan pizzaiolo (pizza chef), who decided to pay homage to Queen Margherita and King Umberto I of Savoia, the ruling house of Italy, by adding mozzarella to the traditional tomato and basil pie. The combination of red, white, and green suggested the colors of the Italian flag and saluted the United Kingdom of Italy, a gesture that for patriotic reasons is said to have made the pie a favorite of the queen.

Though most stories of origin give Esposito credit for adding cheese and thereby inventing the tri-color pizza, still known as Pizza Margherita, others deny it, believing that mozzarella had been used earlier. There is no doubt, however, that Esposito popularized the "made for each other" combination of cheese, dough, and tomato that produced a dish even more delicious than before, thereby setting the modest pie on a course to fame that he could never have imagined.

In Italy today, pizza exists in a number of regional styles, of which two of the most famous are the Neapolitan and the Roman. Both schools knead the dough, but pizza alla Napoletana is round, has a high border, takes diverse toppings, and is generally sold in pizzerias, while pizza alla Romana, also called pizza bianca, is more or less rectangular, often as much as a meter long, topped only with oil and salt, and sold by weight, primarily in bakeries and groceries, according to the size of the piece requested. Many other regions of Italy�Sicily, for example�also have distinctive versions of pizza. However, the popularity of the dish has meant that the styles are not always confined to the geographical areas in which they were created. Neapolitan-style pizza, for example, can be found in many places in Italy, as can Pizza alla Romana.

hory sheet, you actually went there :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5180 on: June 19, 2016, 09:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the price tag

Sad, but true. Shoes feels like shit when you are holding them.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #5181 on: June 19, 2016, 11:37:05 PM »
Can't wait to see someone tucking their pants in those Kostons

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #5182 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:25 AM »
You mean their joggers. While wearing a bucket hat.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5183 on: June 20, 2016, 05:06:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the price tag
[close]

I use to think it was the materials, but I've seen Nike slap the Premium tag on an all canvas SB.

yea haha I wasn't being sarcastic. it baffles me when I see a premium model at my local shop and a classic all suede version right next to it that feels so much better.

Such

« Reply #5184 on: June 20, 2016, 08:03:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hory sheet, you actually went there :o

go big or go home. ive been studying pizza history for the last 4 years so i might as well use my knowledge.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5185 on: June 20, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »

kellen james where u at
good come sausage

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #5186 on: June 20, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

kellen james where u at

i bet 100 bucks on karsten kleppan doing it first!  :D

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5187 on: June 20, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

kellen james where u at
[close]

It'll suit his regular-inmate-executed-in-Texas haircut

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #5188 on: June 20, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

kellen james where u at
[close]

[close]

It'll suit his regular-inmate-executed-in-Texas haircut

THIS!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Such

« Reply #5189 on: June 20, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the price tag
[close]

[close]

yea haha I wasn't being sarcastic. it baffles me when I see a premium model at my local shop and a classic all suede version right next to it that feels so much better.

uuuugh and i just ordered some premium shoes.