Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2358499 times)

montanaco, Ass, Cuban_Lynx and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5220 on: June 23, 2016, 08:38:04 PM »
Expand Quote
that Australian dude skating dunks exclusively really has me wanting a pair right now but the bruin se is back now?!?!????
[close]

what dude? i rarely see anyone skate dunks. ive also never seen anyone skate a dunk hi

In person or videos?

Tons of people on SB used to skate only dunks, back in when SB really started in 2002, they didn't have another models until 2003, with the Angus and URL's, but pretty much everyone skated dunks. Here are clips I can think of people skating dunks in videos, I am sure tons out there.

In person, I see every now and then people skating dunks, but of course more are skating Janoksi, other vulc, etc..

Nike SB - On Tap (2004)
Closure San Francisco Part
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5221 on: June 24, 2016, 02:06:40 AM »
Casey Foley!!! Correct, I was talking about that 344 part that just dropped, amazing

pinch a loaf

« Reply #5222 on: June 24, 2016, 10:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
that Australian dude skating dunks exclusively really has me wanting a pair right now but the bruin se is back now?!?!????
[close]

what dude? i rarely see anyone skate dunks. ive also never seen anyone skate a dunk hi

Watch some Lewis Marnell parts

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #5223 on: June 24, 2016, 10:30:42 AM »
Casey Foley!!! Correct, I was talking about that 344 part that just dropped, amazing

That part was really good

ZEBRA

« Reply #5224 on: June 24, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Watch some Lewis Marnell parts

That's what I was thinking. Australian skating dunks?? Gotta be Lewis Marnell,

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5225 on: June 24, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In person or videos?

Tons of people on SB used to skate only dunks, back in when SB really started in 2002, they didn't have another models until 2003, with the Angus and URL's, but pretty much everyone skated dunks. Here are clips I can think of people skating dunks in videos, I am sure tons out there.

In person, I see every now and then people skating dunks, but of course more are skating Janoksi, other vulc, etc..

Nothing But The Truth is full of dunks as well. Can't really remember any specifics apart from Wiegers part which I watched just earlier today (it's a great part check it out if you guys haven't) and I'm pretty sure he's exclusively in dunks in that.

This is making me want to get some dunk highs to skate. They're just damn hard to find around here.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5226 on: June 24, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »
They're hard to find everywhere because they only make them in fuckin cork and picnic colorways now.

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5227 on: June 24, 2016, 05:09:04 PM »
Yeah that definitely plays into it. I'm in Norway though and I dont think I've ever seen a SB dunk high in a store here. They should have something like a black/white colorway or something simple like that that is just always readily avalible all the time. Even when they do put out a good colorway it's always a fucking premium which costs way too much for me to justify skating in them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5229 on: June 25, 2016, 04:57:09 AM »
Say "simple" or "board feel" one more time. ONE MORE TIME.

Jordick

« Reply #5230 on: June 25, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
If you wanna get dunk highs go to your local outlet

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #5231 on: June 25, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »
I bought those all white dunk highs last August on sale. Pretty sure they're these ones. But they have them for full price now

StupidlyOriginal_SB

• Fuck It.
« Reply #5232 on: June 26, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
I bought those all white dunk highs last August on sale. Pretty sure they're these ones. But they have them for full price now

Check the sole, I believe the difference is that the newer ones have the ICE sole.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #5233 on: June 26, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »
Old ones had the ice too

StupidlyOriginal_SB

• Fuck It.
« Reply #5234 on: June 26, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
Old ones had the ice too

Well then shit.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #5235 on: June 26, 2016, 05:52:03 PM »
yep they got the ice sole. all white leather aside from the mesh tongue. they were only $70 canadian which is a steal for dunks here

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5236 on: June 27, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5237 on: June 27, 2016, 05:41:06 PM »
^ Will go perfect with your favorite fit.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #5238 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »
-nike-sb-stefan-janoski-premium-canvas-shoes-black-logo-mashup-

This is a chronicles 3 shoe though, right?  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:18:17 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5239 on: June 28, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
This is a chronicles 3 shoe though the technicolour yawn function in MS Paint right? 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Such

« Reply #5240 on: June 28, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In person or videos?

[close]

Nothing But The Truth is full of dunks as well. Can't really remember any specifics apart from Wiegers part which I watched just earlier today (it's a great part check it out if you guys haven't) and I'm pretty sure he's exclusively in dunks in that.

This is making me want to get some dunk highs to skate. They're just damn hard to find around here.

jeg kj�pte noen fra hollywood.no de g�r for 850. jeg pleier ikke betale mer enn 4-500kr for sko men gjennomsnittlig pris i skatebuttikker er jo vanligvis 7-800 kr.

tate: i meant in recent footage.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:47:06 PM by such »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5241 on: June 28, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »
Nike is re-vamping the dunk high sb, replaced the tongue on the dunk with sock liner from the Koston 3.

Sad time for Nike, the sample did not look pretty. Might even be photos found at Agenda.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #5242 on: June 28, 2016, 09:29:12 PM »
Nike is re-vamping the dunk high sb, replaced the tongue on the dunk with sock liner from the Koston 3.

Sad time for Nike, the sample did not look pretty. Might even be photos found at Agenda.

wait what

how does that even work?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5243 on: June 28, 2016, 09:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wait what

how does that even work?

The liner of the Koston 3 is high since the shoe is low, the liner can't be seen with the dunk high, since it's a high top. The liner will replace the dunk high tongue.

I was just told about these samples, disgusted when I heard about. A classic shoe ruined, thanks to the suits at Nike, no real skater would approve of this move.

Pauly Walnuts

« Reply #5244 on: June 28, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
How nice are the new Bruin colorways for those who have seen them? I kind of want to double up on the "Lost Art" pair, but if the colorways are nice I'll hold off.
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #5245 on: June 28, 2016, 10:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wait what

how does that even work?
[close]

The liner of the Koston 3 is high since the shoe is low, the liner can't be seen with the dunk high, since it's a high top. The liner will replace the dunk high tongue.

I was just told about these samples, disgusted when I heard about. A classic shoe ruined, thanks to the suits at Nike, no real skater would approve of this move.

oh shit that's weird. did they take out all the padding in the collar too?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5246 on: June 28, 2016, 10:51:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wait what

how does that even work?
[close]

[close]

From what I have heard, no tongue at all. The tongue of dunk will be replaced by the sock liner like in the Koston 3, just imagine a dunk high with Koston 3 sock liner as the tongue.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #5247 on: June 28, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wait what

how does that even work?
[close]

[close]

[close]

From what I have heard, no tongue at all. The tongue of dunk will be replaced by the sock liner like in the Koston 3, just imagine a dunk high with Koston 3 sock liner as the tongue.

I asked about the collar. But I understand what you're saying. I'm having a hard time imagining those selling.

ZEBRA

« Reply #5248 on: June 28, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Nike has so much damn money, and seeing how Janoski's are so popular, I don't see Nike SB going down anytime soon, but I feel like all these recent stupid moves are pushing them closer and closer.

But who knows.... If you looks at all of their lines, with the exception of any type of cleats, most of the people buying shoes are buying them for fashion and not for what they're intended for. Maybe this is Nike's formula...

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5249 on: June 29, 2016, 07:00:55 AM »
that sounds shitty for the dunk high. but for real, if they make an IW version of the dunk high i bet it would do great. also came across this this morning and had a hearty laugh

good come sausage