Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2358209 times)

brownbeyg, boardfeelforyoureyes (+ 1 Hidden) and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

busted-knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5280 on: July 05, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »
1. i was just fucking with you damn you people are so serious.

2. my point is that if you buy an emerica chiller youre still supporting a core skate brand. a lot of us only buy nike sb shit because we have to more or less (they make good shoes), we would never buy anything else from nike, like tshirts and shit, that would be supporting nike without getting something that we cant get from a core brand. spend your money however the fuck you want, but theres no denying that the last thing nike and adidas need is more money. it wouldnt exactly be a huge loss if corporate companies disapeared.

You do realise that without "corporate companies" you wouldn't have many of the brands you refer to as 'core', right? A corporation is a large company or group of companies that is legally recognised as a single entity. There would be no Emerica or Vans if "corporate companies" disappeared. You see, Sole Technologies (the owners of the Emerica brand) and VF Corp (the owner of Vans) are corporations. If you want "corporate companies" out of skateboarding, you'll be left with virtually nothing. Be careful what you wish for and pull your head out of your arse!

Also, all companies need sales to generate an income. To say that the last thing that Nike and Adidas need is more money is fucking idiotic. Without generating an income Nike's operations (and therefore Nike SB's too) wouldn't last very long (they have massive overheads) and you'd see many of your favoirite pros flipping burgers at Burger King or McDonalds. You may not want to admit it but big business has been part of skating for a long time and without it skateboarding wouldn't be nearly as big as it is today.

You can thank the big shoe companies for all of the cool indy board companies out there today who often can pay their riders shit beyond the 2 bucks royalty per board. It's the big checks from "corporate companies" that allow your favourite pros to quit their long time big brand sponsors and do something new. Things aren't black and white.

Finally, I'm wearing a pair of Etnies Scout right now. Are they 'core' enough for you? I might consider buying some Emerica chillers if the shoes didn't all look so similar and fucking boring!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:59:56 AM by busted-knee »

Such

« Reply #5281 on: July 05, 2016, 09:36:41 AM »
Expand Quote
1. i was just fucking with you damn you people are so serious.

2. my point is that if you buy an emerica chiller youre still supporting a core skate brand. a lot of us only buy nike sb shit because we have to more or less (they make good shoes), we would never buy anything else from nike, like tshirts and shit, that would be supporting nike without getting something that we cant get from a core brand. spend your money however the fuck you want, but theres no denying that the last thing nike and adidas need is more money. it wouldnt exactly be a huge loss if corporate companies disapeared.
[close]

You do realise that without "corporate companies" you wouldn't have many of the brands you refer to as 'core', right? A corporation is a large company or group of companies that is legally recognised as a single entity. There would be no Emerica or Vans if "corporate companies" disappeared. You see, Sole Technologies (the owners of the Emerica brand) and VF Corp (the owner of Vans) are corporations. If you want "corporate companies" out of skateboarding, you'll be left with virtually nothing. Be careful what you wish for and pull your head out of your arse!

Also, all companies need sales to generate an income. To say that the last thing that Nike and Adidas need is more money is fucking idiotic. Without generating an income Nike's operations (and therefore Nike SB's too) wouldn't last very long (they have massive overheads) and you'd see many of your favoirite pros flipping burgers at Burger King or McDonalds. You may not want to admit it but big business has been part of skating for a long time and without it skateboarding wouldn't be nearly as big as it is today.

You can thank the big shoe companies for all of the cool indy board companies out there today who often can pay their riders shit beyond the 2 bucks royalty per board. It's the big checks from "corporate companies" that allow your favourite pros to quit their long time big brand sponsors and do something new. Things aren't black and white.

Finally, I'm wearing a pair of Etnies Scout right now. Are they 'core' enough for you? I might consider buying some Emerica chillers if the shoes didn't all look so similar and fucking boring!

i hate emerica and etnies, but theyre still more core than nike will ever be. its not about the definitions, its about what they do. nike sb only does wack kooky shit. look at stay gold or made or fully flared. has nike ever made a video that wasnt wack?

Daniel Gesmer

• Rep: -10
« Reply #5282 on: July 05, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »
Janoski Max is wack as fuck.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #5283 on: July 05, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5284 on: July 05, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »
Them some feminine ass legs. Who do they have modeling those, George Michael?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5285 on: July 05, 2016, 02:04:49 PM »
lol they photoshopped the leg hair out so badly

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5287 on: July 05, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
Not posting a new shoe, but looking for a bit of help. I bought a pair of Janoski Max in Obsidian Blue for chilling in and I've noticed a problem with the leather in the left shoe (see the photos below). After just an hour of wear the colour seems to be coming out of the leather and the texture around the detail sticking appears to be beginning to flake. I wouldn't be bothered if this was a shoe I was skating, but it sucks that the left foot is getting tiger stripes after such little wear.

Has anyone else had similar problems with this shoe or other SB models? If so, did you manage to get it sorted by Nike? If anyone has an email of someone at Nike SB or there are some Nike staff lurking here, please could you PM me. I'd be really grateful.

Contact Nike Warranty on their site. They're covered up to two years. I've had a lot of recent issues with mismatched materials on my shoes and they straighten it out. You'll get credit for the full retail price of the shoe on their site. Personally I would stay away from any non-synthetic Nike SB for a while. Idk who their material supplier is but the suede they use is shit. Just look at those Kostons up there. Also the stitching around the Swoosh on the blue ones is fucked.

Such

« Reply #5288 on: July 05, 2016, 06:09:31 PM »
didnt even notice the airbrushing before you pointed it out so it cant be THAT bad

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5289 on: July 06, 2016, 12:15:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
didnt even notice the airbrushing before you pointed it out so it cant be THAT bad
i've worked as a retoucher so i guess my eye is just trained to notice shit like that. the stragglers are what gave it away.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:03:28 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jreuse

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5291 on: July 06, 2016, 04:49:58 AM »
other colorway

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5292 on: July 06, 2016, 06:00:07 AM »
Hey those are good. The shoe itself looks good but the first few colorways don't give me much of a boner.  On the same note what's with the absence of the white/gum Janoski hyperfeels? Is that the next drop? I don't wanna wait (for our lives to be over)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5293 on: July 06, 2016, 06:09:23 AM »
Hey those are good. The shoe itself looks good but the first few colorways don't give me much of a boner.  On the same note what's with the absence of the white/gum Janoski hyperfeels? Is that the next drop? I don't wanna wait (for our lives to be over)

the more i see photos of the shoe the less i want it in my life. SPoT put up these photos of the toe and they look god awful.

good come sausage

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5294 on: July 06, 2016, 06:30:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the more i see photos of the shoe the less i want it in my life. SPoT put up these photos of the toe and they look god awful.

Cool. So what's the deal with those white/gum ones?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5295 on: July 06, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
other colorway

Where are these available? That's a great colorway.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #5296 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
someone probably already posted something along these lines, but does anyone else think that they're pushing all this hyperfeel stuff cause it's cheaper to manufacture than, say, a dunk mid

fangen

« Reply #5297 on: July 06, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »
someone probably already posted something along these lines, but does anyone else think that they're pushing all this hyperfeel stuff cause it's cheaper to manufacture than, say, a dunk mid
Hyperfeel has that pricepoint vibe. Kinda like the Emerica laced without ticks up the side.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #5298 on: July 06, 2016, 06:27:21 PM »
Yes, that Koston Hyperfeel has a real pricepoint vibe at $150.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #5299 on: July 06, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hyperfeel has that pricepoint vibe. Kinda like the Emerica laced without ticks up the side.
I'd bet on it. I'm almost sure the lunarlon gimmick was just rebranded PU foam to reduce the cost of the air zoom insoles.
Same for the one piece toe cap stuff. I guess It must be kinda harder to design, but once the sample are validated, the big scale production must be cheaper than shoes with panelling due to the reduction of operations and pieces. I guess Baravetski could tell us the truth.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #5300 on: July 06, 2016, 10:38:07 PM »
that makes since why everything now is some vulc, thin, basic, long one peice toe cap, barley any padding, shoe with a shitty insole. must be the cheapest shit to make.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #5301 on: July 07, 2016, 08:08:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, maybe they skate good, but they look ugly!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

busted-knee

« Reply #5302 on: July 07, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
Contact Nike Warranty on their site. They're covered up to two years. I've had a lot of recent issues with mismatched materials on my shoes and they straighten it out. You'll get credit for the full retail price of the shoe on their site. Personally I would stay away from any non-synthetic Nike SB for a while. Idk who their material supplier is but the suede they use is shit. Just look at those Kostons up there. Also the stitching around the Swoosh on the blue ones is fucked.

Thanks McCly. I'll send them a message. You're right about the quality of those Kostons. They look like shit - stictching isn't straight.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5303 on: July 09, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5304 on: July 09, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5305 on: July 09, 2016, 11:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'd bet on it. I'm almost sure the lunarlon gimmick was just rebranded PU foam to reduce the cost of the air zoom insoles.
Same for the one piece toe cap stuff. I guess It must be kinda harder to design, but once the sample are validated, the big scale production must be cheaper than shoes with panelling due to the reduction of operations and pieces. I guess Baravetski could tell us the truth.

Hyperfeel the way it's defined is actually just the same thing as what the Koston 1 was, they just have different insole foams and combos now. It's definitely in the same zone cost wise as a dunk or something similar.

underage sucubus

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5307 on: July 11, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5308 on: July 11, 2016, 08:03:49 PM »
green CK's r sweet
good come sausage

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal