Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357683 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5400 on: August 24, 2016, 03:53:16 PM »
seen @ nike outlet store today in long island.

Just checked my Nike outlet, $69.99...
you never know about pre-cum 

shotformeat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5401 on: August 25, 2016, 12:29:41 AM »
Koston 3 XT, whatever that means (a rubber toe, apparently)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #5402 on: August 25, 2016, 05:45:01 AM »
^Hypebeast/Burger King Employee

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #5403 on: August 25, 2016, 05:59:03 AM »

It means that shoe will be even more expensive.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #5404 on: August 25, 2016, 07:02:52 AM »
I'm really curious about the future of Nike sb.
Facts from this year:
- The design team working at the SB program seems to suffer from a lot of turnover (to be polite)
- Their catalogs are pure shit appart from the occasional Dunk, Bruins or Blazers good colorways,
- Jason Hernandez is not working for them anymore
- They are getting rid of they reps in Europe
- A lot of shops have stopped or are about to stop carrying the brand

This shit is seemingly going nowhere, appart from the Janoski's, their shoes aren't moving from the shelves: Koston 3, CKs, IW dunks, Hyperfeel shits etc...
I know that nike is marketing driven rather than product driven but it seems that their strategy to sell the hyperfeel is the same used to sell the lunarlon (increased boardfeel, increased protection, flexibility, light...)

Hyperfeel
:  "Hyperfeel technology continues to change the game with enhanced boardfeel and top-of-the-line impact protection, making strong advances in our ongoing battle against pesky heel bruises."
Lunarlon (outsole): " Springy cushioning that helps absorb impact without added weight, and a modified herringbone outsole that maximizes grip and boardfeel "
You could literally switch the two sentences and sell the same shit.
Can't wait to hear about their Exogrip, Featherfit, Zoom Stratolight insole/outsole...

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:57:51 AM by Turtle Boy »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5405 on: August 25, 2016, 07:03:34 AM »
They killed the Lunarlon in favor of Hyperfeel, right?

that shoe was uncomfortable AF. for as cozy as max geronzi always looks when he's skating those shoes feel like shit.
good come sausage

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5406 on: August 25, 2016, 07:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that shoe was uncomfortable AF. for as cozy as max geronzi always looks when he's skating those shoes feel like shit.

Yeah I hated them. Whenever I'd see someone skating them I wanted to know what the hell their deal was.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #5407 on: August 25, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't hate them

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5408 on: August 25, 2016, 09:09:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don't hate them

I'll guess $175.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #5409 on: August 26, 2016, 12:14:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don't hate them
[close]

I'll guess $175.
I say $200
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #5410 on: August 26, 2016, 01:36:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What was it that made them uncomfortable? The One Shot had the same sole, right? Those were super-comfy although kinda ugly.

Maybe those just fit Geronzi's foot real good or he's just high as fuck all the time.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5411 on: August 26, 2016, 07:41:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What was it that made them uncomfortable? The One Shot had the same sole, right? Those were super-comfy although kinda ugly.

Maybe those just fit Geronzi's foot real good or he's just high as fuck all the time.

I can't speak for anyone else but to me the lunar janoski felt like it was all sole and very little upper. Almost like I was wearing platform shoes. And on top of that, the lace row felt like it ended in the middle of my instep. Just a very strange feeling and fitting shoe the whole around, for my foot.

The Lunar OneShot wasn't a bad shoe but the soft heel was a weird design choice. Just like the FreeSB I will never understand the benefit of having an unstructured heel in a skateboard shoe. Next to no heel lock and the feeling of instability. I sort of get the principle for a running sneakers but that doesn't translate to skateboard footwear.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5412 on: August 26, 2016, 08:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i bought a pair of one shots from marshalls right when they were being promoted for like $30 or something ridiculous. those were comfy, i actually ran 2-3 miles a day in them, looking back that was stupid. but they felt comfortable, and they skated decent.

these just felt like shit. the body of the shoe didn't make my foot feel locked in safely whatsoever, the laces were coming loose with me just walking around the store, and the sole felt way harder than the one shots. and for the record i've tried on the mid as well, it looks like a space boot.

not a fan. 10/10 parents will not purchase.
good come sausage

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5413 on: August 27, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5414 on: August 27, 2016, 01:32:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I can't speak for anyone else but to me the lunar janoski felt like it was all sole and very little upper. Almost like I was wearing platform shoes. And on top of that, the lace row felt like it ended in the middle of my instep. Just a very strange feeling and fitting shoe the whole around, for my foot.

The Lunar OneShot wasn't a bad shoe but the soft heel was a weird design choice. Just like the FreeSB I will never understand the benefit of having an unstructured heel in a skateboard shoe. Next to no heel lock and the feeling of instability. I sort of get the principle for a running sneakers but that doesn't translate to skateboard footwear.

Got a pair of Frees and they actually have a really solid heel lock, even when you go a 1/2 size bigger. Super comfy as well

hsggreen

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5415 on: August 27, 2016, 06:40:01 PM »
don't buy the blue and white ishods unless you hate your achilles. collar is stiff and sharp as fuck. :(

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5416 on: August 28, 2016, 12:36:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Got a pair of Frees and they actually have a really solid heel lock, even when you go a 1/2 size bigger. Super comfy as well

Sometimes having an hard heel isnt the best either... my Hufnagel pro 2's are so stiff that they create blisters on my foot and it's not the best heel lock ever too. Yesterday they did it again so I said fuck it and just skated my pair of free OG's i had on my bag to chill in. They have a neoprene like heel, the soffest i can imagine, so I had to tight it really tight but I didnt felt that insecure. I think for a good heel support is better a good foam placement than a really hard heel.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5417 on: August 28, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sometimes having an hard heel isnt the best either... my Hufnagel pro 2's are so stiff that they create blisters on my foot and it's not the best heel lock ever too. Yesterday they did it again so I said fuck it and just skated my pair of free OG's i had on my bag to chill in. They have a neoprene like heel, the soffest i can imagine, so I had to tight it really tight but I didnt felt that insecure. I think for a good heel support is better a good foam placement than a really hard heel.

Agree SKATAN. I didn't mean to infer that stiffer=better for a heel, it's more about the structure of the heel and foam placement more than anything. And not to go full shoe-nerd, but a big part of how your heel locks in has to do with how the shoe is fitting all the way around. Heel lock is still the number 1 thing I look for in any shoe. If the heel lock is sub-par it's a non starter and I'm moving on.

@Jeff - that's awesome to hear the Free worked for you. The Free Nano worked better for me than the original Free. I think because they didn't fit me in the toe box, I always felt like my heels were slipping out of the shoe.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5418 on: August 28, 2016, 04:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Agree SKATAN. I didn't mean to infer that stiffer=better for a heel, it's more about the structure of the heel and foam placement more than anything. And not to go full shoe-nerd, but a big part of how your heel locks in has to do with how the shoe is fitting all the way around. Heel lock is still the number 1 thing I look for in any shoe. If the heel lock is sub-par it's a non starter and I'm moving on.

@Jeff - that's awesome to hear the Free worked for you. The Free Nano worked better for me than the original Free. I think because they didn't fit me in the toe box, I always felt like my heels were slipping out of the shoe.
Hey, if you ever feel like trying a pair  I saw some at Ross for 40. They are definitely better as chillers.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #5419 on: August 29, 2016, 08:04:43 PM »
Anyone know anything about this blazer color way? Are they out yet? If not release date?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Jordick

« Reply #5420 on: August 29, 2016, 09:12:44 PM »
pretty sure those were all made when Kobe retired

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #5421 on: August 29, 2016, 09:23:08 PM »
pretty sure those were all made when Kobe retired

yup, he didn't really promote them like Koston did for his.  he was skating Shortys around that exact time.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5422 on: September 01, 2016, 08:37:03 PM »
SB dunk "box" pack dropping Holiday '16. All come in OG box colors.

Orange, Silver, Pink, Black.

Favorite is the "iron" dunk high with green swoosh.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5424 on: September 02, 2016, 06:37:55 PM »
They really need to make more janoski models. Not nearly enough out.

such

« Reply #5425 on: September 03, 2016, 03:57:41 AM »
Nike SB Janoski HT Skate Shoes Review - Tactics.com

fuck thats gross. i dont wanna look like a tumblr chick.

skating is slowly adapting the highfashion look. thanks huf.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #5426 on: September 03, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »
Those Jano's are disgusting

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #5428 on: September 03, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
Just peeped some of the summer stuff from Nike. Some really werid tech stuff coming down the tube. They have a Bruin Max and a ton of new Bruin models with crazy fabrics and soles. Kinda sad because I love the og bruin so much.

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5429 on: September 03, 2016, 06:22:57 PM »
Just peeped some of the summer stuff from Nike. Some really werid tech stuff coming down the tube. They have a Bruin Max and a ton of new Bruin models with crazy fabrics and soles. Kinda sad because I love the og bruin so much.
They've massacred a perfectly good shoe :'(
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa