Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1082364 times)

mgeorge402

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #5580 on: October 01, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »
Add my name to the list of those excited to see the FC Classic making a comeback. The biggest disappointment is the Portmore. It's like a Janoski / Project BA hybrid gone wrong.

I'm really interested to try out a pair of Bruin Hyperfeels, but a little skeptical based on mostly negative reviews. Anybody know the story on the Blazer Vapor, or the Vapor naming convention in general?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #5581 on: October 01, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
The sample I saw of the FC had A similar toecap, was more of the sole from gino's scrapped shoe.
Looked pretty damn good and skatable.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -25
« Reply #5582 on: October 02, 2016, 01:41:58 AM »
75% of those were some odd computer generated graphics that looked fucking terrible! so many versions of blazers and janoskis.

why'd they ever stop making gatos and project ba's!!!!!!

I guess y'all missed the part with the "FC classic" for 70 bucks? Because that sounds like Nike SB is actually doing something right in 2017.

I totally missed that! Now I'm interested. I love that shoe.
wtf i need at least a shitt computer render of the FC asap. if anyone has plz share.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #5583 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
Add my name to the list of those excited to see the FC Classic making a comeback. The biggest disappointment is the Portmore. It's like a Janoski / Project BA hybrid gone wrong

I tried the Solar Check on the other day and the fit/shape is really similar to the Koston2 but with cheaper materials.

Count me in with the group interested to see the FC make a comeback. Not exactly related, but I was at the Nike outlet the other day and I almost bought a pair of MagistaX Finale to skate in. The lows, not the model with the sock. They are Lunarlon and the fit was unbelievable with great heel lock, but I wondered just how durable they'd actually be. I may go back and grab them at some point.

@SKATAN - did you ever skate in the Magista? Or was it a different indoor shoe.

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5584 on: October 02, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
Oh god how did I miss the FC in the catalog? Can't wait to see them, hopefully they don't fuck them up.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5585 on: October 02, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »
Add my name to the list of those excited to see the FC Classic making a comeback. The biggest disappointment is the Portmore. It's like a Janoski / Project BA hybrid gone wrong

I tried the Solar Check on the other day and the fit/shape is really similar to the Koston2 but with cheaper materials.

Count me in with the group interested to see the FC make a comeback. Not exactly related, but I was at the Nike outlet the other day and I almost bought a pair of MagistaX Finale to skate in. The lows, not the model with the sock. They are Lunarlon and the fit was unbelievable with great heel lock, but I wondered just how durable they'd actually be. I may go back and grab them at some point.

@SKATAN - did you ever skate in the Magista? Or was it a different indoor shoe.

I havent skated any of the indoor shoes, but I tried the Magista Street one day and they felt amazing. I tried the Koston 3 not a long time ago and they felt really similar, really close to the foot. The diference is that the magista has an actual lunarlon midsole and a thin insole over it, while the koston has a thick insole that does the midsole work. The Finale is the low top version and looks great to skate in too.

Have you seen the new magista II? They have the Black and gum sole that looks incredible, but its 20$ pricier than the last one.
The low top version (Finale) has a neoprene sock built into it. They look mad dope:
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/magistax-finale-ii-mens-indoor-court-soccer-shoe/pid-11056587/pgid-11637689

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #5586 on: October 02, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
I can picture this shoe being Alex Olson's pro model

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #5587 on: October 02, 2016, 06:12:19 PM »
I havent skated any of the indoor shoes, but I tried the Magista Street one day and they felt amazing. I tried the Koston 3 not a long time ago and they felt really similar, really close to the foot. The diference is that the magista has an actual lunarlon midsole and a thin insole over it, while the koston has a thick insole that does the midsole work. The Finale is the low top version and looks great to skate in too.

Have you seen the new magista II? They have the Black and gum sole that looks incredible, but its 20$ pricier than the last one.
The low top version (Finale) has a neoprene sock built into it. They look mad dope:
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/magistax-finale-ii-mens-indoor-court-soccer-shoe/pid-11056587/pgid-11637689

These do look good! I'd have to try them on. But the more I look at the various Magista versions, the more I'd like to try a pair to skate. I skated in the HUF Dylan for a month or so and it's the exact same shape, upper and sole, as these Magista. I have to imagine these would be a little more flexible overall.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:42:26 PM by heritage »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1085
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #5588 on: October 03, 2016, 01:39:34 AM »
Nike SB for GS only?

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

sports

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5589 on: October 03, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »

These do look good! I'd have to try them on. But the more I look at the various Magista versions, the more I'd like to try a pair to skate. I skated in the HUF Dylan for a month or so and it's the exact same shape, upper and sole, as these Magista. I have to imagine these would be a little more flexible overall.

I tried some of the magistas at a nike outlet. The sole on them was so damn narrow it felt like i'd roll my ankle in a second skating them. Materials and fit seemed nice, but I guess the way my foot is shaped made them feel super unstable. Can't do skate shoes with narrow soles.

Also that link tate posted made my eyeballs barf x1000
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:12:57 PM by sports »

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #5590 on: October 03, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »

I tried some of the magistas at a nike outlet. The sole on them was so damn narrow it felt like i'd roll my ankle in a second skating them. Materials and fit seemed nice, but I guess the way my foot is shaped made them feel super unstable. Can't do skate shoes with narrow soles.

Also that link tate posted by my eyeballs barf x1000

I pass on shoes all the time because they have a little stitch or a tag that's in a color I don't like and I'm very particular about it, then I see shit like that and fuck it. I'll just wear big plastic prop stage rocks on my feet.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #5591 on: October 03, 2016, 09:56:38 AM »
I actually thought the HUF catalog was okay. Not as bad as expected.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5593 on: October 04, 2016, 02:24:38 AM »
Quarter Snacks x Nike SB bruin hyperfeel.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #5594 on: October 04, 2016, 04:56:38 AM »

the pink distracted me from realizing that's a nice white/gum colorway

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:23:47 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5596 on: October 04, 2016, 05:15:38 AM »

These are pretty right on.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:23:20 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #5598 on: October 04, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »

wow these rule.
good come sausage

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5600 on: October 04, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »

wow these rule.

Nice, the nike x quarter snacks stuff is always good

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
« Reply #5601 on: October 04, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
Anyone have a glimpse of any other Nike x QS gear?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5602 on: October 04, 2016, 08:28:43 PM »
Anyone have a glimpse of any other Nike x QS gear?

Jacket is $250.

Long Sleeve/crew is $60.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #5603 on: October 05, 2016, 05:08:46 AM »
jacket $250 lol
good come sausage

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5605 on: October 05, 2016, 05:49:11 AM »
Why does the second picture of the shoe make it looks like a gum sole? Are they doing one with a gum sole?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -231
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #5606 on: October 05, 2016, 06:41:59 AM »
Yay more overpriced shit!

such

• Rep: -44
« Reply #5607 on: October 05, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
ffs i just bought a blazer low and just noticed that its the grant taylor version... how do they hold up compared to normal blazers and do they bag out much? theres no suppport in the toe, is this because of thinner suede or a lack of construction?

return or not?

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #5608 on: October 05, 2016, 11:05:38 AM »

Jordick

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5609 on: October 05, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
if you spend 250 on quartersnacks merchandise you deserve to be euthanized
You think he just rolled out of bed and b/s 360 mannied the roselyn banks?