Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2371909 times)

SBlover and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #7920 on: July 10, 2018, 11:51:54 PM »
are dunk mids or highs coming back in the foreseeable future?

No news of a mid comeback, but a high is dropping again, but I don't think it's a TRD model.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #7921 on: July 11, 2018, 04:03:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No news of a mid comeback, but a high is dropping again, but I don't think it's a TRD model.

heard, thanks

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #7922 on: July 11, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

heard, thanks

What exactly is the dunk TRD? Is it somewhere between the og dunk and the Ishod dunk? Or is it short for "Turd"??

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #7923 on: July 11, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

heard, thanks
[close]

What exactly is the dunk TRD? Is it somewhere between the og dunk and the Ishod dunk? Or is it short for "Turd"??
trd is the og I think it means traditional

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7924 on: July 13, 2018, 10:45:05 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7925 on: July 16, 2018, 01:16:48 AM »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #7926 on: July 16, 2018, 02:58:08 AM »

I'm skating Blazers at the moment and it's a perfect mid vulc shoe, but seeing what nike sb is becoming, it's getting really embarassing to wear the swoosh.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #7927 on: July 16, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »
it's getting really embarassing to wear the swoosh.
It's been for some time now, unless you are paid by Nike.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #7928 on: July 16, 2018, 02:46:14 PM »
anyone know if the chukka blazers have the deeper tread sole like the blazer mid? I know the grant Taylors and regular low ones have a thinner tread that wears out quicker. I really want to try the lance mountain chukkas but don't wanna waste the money if they aren't like the mid tops.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #7929 on: July 16, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »
anyone know if the chukka blazers have the deeper tread sole like the blazer mid? I know the grant Taylors and regular low ones have a thinner tread that wears out quicker. I really want to try the lance mountain chukkas but don't wanna waste the money if they aren't like the mid tops.
blazer chukka have some dumb new thinner "stabilizing lines" (no idea what they are actually called)

blazer low sole

blazer mid sole

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7930 on: July 16, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
blazer chukka have some dumb new thinner "stabilizing lines" (no idea what they are actually called)

blazer low sole

blazer mid sole

aight perfect haha. gonna be a no for me. nike, if you're out there listening, whats good with a blazer low with the same sole and toe form as the mid? the toe box on the low always is so bendy which sucks. the mid one holds its form and the sole lasts so much longer.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:20:00 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #7931 on: July 16, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[images]
[close]

aight perfect haha. gonna be a no for me. nike, if you're out there listening, whats good with a blazer low with the same sole and toe form as the mid? the toe box on the low always is so bendy which sucks. the mid one holds its form and the sole lasts so much longer.

for real, why do they have 5 versions of the same shoe. if im really feeling ornery i could go through and compare all the eye stays and overlaps of the blazers. just make the mid fit and sole on a low and fuck off.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #7932 on: July 17, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[images]
[close]

[close]

for real, why do they have 5 versions of the same shoe. if im really feeling ornery i could go through and compare all the eye stays and overlaps of the blazers. just make the mid fit and sole on a low and fuck off.

To be honest, the reason I never buy Blazers is I can't figure out which ones you guys almost unanimously decide as the 'good ones'. Because I've heard the rubber toe ones blow, the leather ones blow, the lows blow. I would probably try blazer mids or something but the price tag is tough right now.
For Your Health

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #7933 on: July 17, 2018, 07:20:59 PM »
the good ones are the ones with the booty inside.  the mids. 

MIDS: SE, XT, and Decon all are "the good ones"

the lows are on a slightly different sole, and just have straps to center the tongue. 
no full booty inside

if you want a Blazer low, get the GT ones.  i find the actual low to be very stiff and for some reason my true size is just a bit too small. my foot pours over the side of the shoe on the inside.  it's like the lows are... cut in farther.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:59:23 PM by iwshilvdnfinland »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #7934 on: July 17, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »
I know they get no love here, but I got a pair of Blazer Vapors for hella cheap and I love them. They fit fucking perfect.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7935 on: July 18, 2018, 06:48:44 AM »
the good ones are the ones with the booty inside.  the mids. 

MIDS: SE, XT, and Decon all are "the good ones"

the lows are on a slightly different sole, and just have straps to center the tongue. 
no full booty inside

if you want a Blazer low, get the GT ones.  i find the actual low to be very stiff and for some reason my true size is just a bit too small. my foot pours over the side of the shoe on the inside.  it's like the lows are... cut in farther.

*a terrible one at that

also, whats good with a 12.5?

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #7936 on: July 19, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »
So am I correct in my understanding that there will never be another P-Rod pro shoe?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7937 on: July 20, 2018, 12:34:01 AM »
So am I correct in my understanding that there will never be another P-Rod pro shoe?

His contract for was for 10 shoes. I don’t know if he signed a new deal for for future pro models.

His last few have not been great, so based on sales probably no need for future models.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #7938 on: July 20, 2018, 02:08:07 AM »
is it just me

or does it look like the Lance chukka and the Ishod chukka are on different soles?

Lance is on the low, and Ishod is on the hi?  it looks just like the hi XT sole.  SOMEONE CONFIRM NOW. jk whenever

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #7939 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:52 AM »
is it just me

or does it look like the Lance chukka and the Ishod chukka are on different soles?

Lance is on the low, and Ishod is on the hi?  it looks just like the hi XT sole.  SOMEONE CONFIRM NOW. jk whenever

Same sole I think

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7940 on: July 20, 2018, 04:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
is it just me

[close]
Same sole I think

yup. thin line that cuts through the herringbone.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:55:23 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

shotformeat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #7941 on: July 20, 2018, 04:56:41 AM »
The chukka sole looks new to me, slightly different to the high and the low. The lows have a much more tightly packed herringbone pattern, the chukka one looks more similar to the high tread wise to me but with those thin lines and maybe not as thick overall. Still waiting to see them in person or actually hear from someone who has skated them to know for sure

cheesecoffee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #7942 on: July 20, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
How do the team classics fit? big small or what.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #7943 on: July 20, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »
is it just me

Would explain why it’s $10 more.  Anyone have any idea of how to remove the ishod from the sole?   I’d want those if I could remove his name at least off the sides.   Not sure why he had to brand them so much

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #7944 on: July 20, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
Expand Quote
is it just me

[close]

Would explain why it’s $10 more.  Anyone have any idea of how to remove the ishod from the sole?   I’d want those if I could remove his name at least off the sides.   Not sure why he had to brand them so much

I have  a strong feeling that Nike wanted his name all over the shoe as a marketing tool vs ishod wanting that. Meeting Ishod multiple times gave me the feeling that he isnt all about himself. but nike is all about making money off its riders. If Acetone wont take off his name off the sole, wear them down. As far as the sides, looks to be embroidered. Id say get a tide pen or bleach pen and just try to get it to as close to the color of the shoe.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7945 on: July 20, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is it just me

[close]

[close]

I have  a strong feeling that Nike wanted his name all over the shoe as a marketing tool vs ishod wanting that. Meeting Ishod multiple times gave me the feeling that he isnt all about himself. but nike is all about making money off its riders. If Acetone wont take off his name off the sole, wear them down. As far as the sides, looks to be embroidered. Id say get a tide pen or bleach pen and just try to get it to as close to the color of the shoe.

It’s weird - he just had that dunk colorway a few weeks ago that didnt have his name all over it.

Thanks for the advice.  I was thinking I could remove the side stitching, but I was worried about it looking shitty or just a bunch of holes.   A bummer, but not one of things you notice on foot

nosneb

• Rep: 88
« Reply #7946 on: July 21, 2018, 06:00:48 AM »
He had a whole dunk line with his name on it.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #7947 on: July 21, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »

its a little different having your name on the little tab on the tongue vs having it across the whole sole and on the side of the shoe, in addition to the tongue.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7948 on: July 21, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its a little different having your name on the little tab on the tongue vs having it across the whole sole and on the side of the shoe, in addition to the tongue.

And on the insole hah

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7949 on: July 22, 2018, 08:54:51 PM »
New Nyjah colorway?