Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357918 times)

Global Moderator

WorldsBestCargoPants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #7951 on: July 23, 2018, 03:26:27 AM »
So I work in a skate shop and we have a few different Blazers in at the moment, Chucka XT, GT, Low, Low XT, Hi. I've just had a good inspection of them all and the main difference I noticed was that the Chucka seems to be the only one that actually uses a noticeably different compound of rubber..
When you a run a finger along the tread lines, they feel much harder than the other Blazers, in which case they might not be so grippy out the box but they should last longer.
They all seem to differ a little between models in terms of the spacing/sizing of the tread lines.

Also, I don't know why they're using Ishod to promote two different models, like someone just said, he just came out with the mismatch Dunks so why not use one of their other many pros to promote the shoe?
Sit back relax and let yourself go, don't sweat what you heard but act like you know.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7952 on: July 23, 2018, 03:31:55 AM »

No two ways about it; Nyjah looks like a fucking idiot.

Wow.  That's some crazy get up, and this coming from someone who cycles.  Full on bibs, jerseys with giant logos of random Euro companies I have no idea what they make, Sidis.   

youngboyNBD

• Rep: -1
« Reply #7953 on: July 23, 2018, 08:27:51 AM »
So I work in a skate shop and we have a few different Blazers in at the moment, Chucka XT, GT, Low, Low XT, Hi. I've just had a good inspection of them all and the main difference I noticed was that the Chucka seems to be the only one that actually uses a noticeably different compound of rubber..
When you a run a finger along the tread lines, they feel much harder than the other Blazers, in which case they might not be so grippy out the box but they should last longer.
They all seem to differ a little between models in terms of the spacing/sizing of the tread lines.

Also, I don't know why they're using Ishod to promote two different models, like someone just said, he just came out with the mismatch Dunks so why not use one of their other many pros to promote the shoe?

My biggest problem with blazers is not that the upper rips (XT's and GT's) but that the sole rubs smooth. Better tried lines could make the chukkas my next blazers.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #7954 on: July 23, 2018, 11:59:39 AM »

Lance had the first colorway of the Chukka, but not with tons of branding.  I love the way his low (I guess decon) fits

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #7955 on: July 23, 2018, 12:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lance had the first colorway of the Chukka, but not with tons of branding. I love the way his low (I guess decon) fits

but its canvas, right?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #7956 on: July 23, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lance had the first colorway of the Chukka, but not with tons of branding. I love the way his low (I guess decon) fits
[close]

but its canvas, right?

Boserio posted a skated out version on his IG that didn’t blow out even though it’s canvas

micky682

« Reply #7957 on: July 24, 2018, 07:15:31 AM »
When does the Gato drop?

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7958 on: July 24, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #7959 on: July 26, 2018, 09:05:38 AM »
The (new) SB Team classic.

Can someone please confirm what kind of sole this has?

It says vulc on some retailers but doesn't look like it to me....

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #7960 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
The (new) SB Team classic.

Can someone please confirm what kind of sole this has?

It says vulc on some retailers but doesn't look like it to me....

it's a cupsole.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7961 on: July 26, 2018, 02:12:43 PM »
What Finland said. The Team Classic is a cupsole. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair thanks to the answers and feedback I got on the last page and I love them so far. They are considered a "price point" shoe but they don't feel like a price point at all. Fit is slim to the foot, snug, excellent heel lock. If vanity is your thing, they look great with jeans or chinos. I can't comment on durability because I just got them and only have a few hours on them. I will be skating the hell out of them this weekend.

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #7962 on: July 26, 2018, 03:16:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Although vanity is a thing yes, it's more so how the sole type is with my skating.

Much more in tune with vulc and notice big differences when switching between the two.

They look great and especially with that price point so enjoy em.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7963 on: July 27, 2018, 09:40:45 AM »
I switch back and forth between vulc and thin cupsoles and I like both, but am usually a vulc guy.

I tried on the Team Classics the other day and they're hella thin with the classic square edge of a vulc. Definitely feel more like a vulc to me than a cup. Not arguing that they are vulc, just saying if you only skate vulcs, you probably will still like the Team Classic.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #7964 on: July 30, 2018, 04:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

but its canvas, right?
[close]

Boserio posted a skated out version on his IG that didn’t blow out even though it’s canvas

boserio only does ollies & wallrides tho

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #7965 on: July 30, 2018, 05:16:05 AM »
why hasn't NIKE SB made a skate version of the air max 1?

Tons of kids used to skatethose all leather (no mesh) in the 90's, and they honestly were great.
Not too different from the bulk DC's en éS from that era either.

I think a slimmed version of those would sell like crazy...

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #7966 on: July 30, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »

Tons of kids used to skatethose all leather (no mesh) in the 90's, and they honestly were great.

rolled around a parking lot in my wotherspoons once and decided to never do it again. theyre so high off the ground, its like skating in heels. just couldnt do it

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #7968 on: July 30, 2018, 01:46:43 PM »

I skate 95's from time to time. Mostly flat and ledges. I got use to them in the first session. Even after skating vulcs for over decade. Reminded me when I first started skating with Templeton 1s or other tech shoes.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #7969 on: July 30, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
What would you consider a fair price to pay for a pair of nyjahs? I've been eyeing them for a little bit and if I find the right colorway I might pull the trigger but not for full price.. Any chance to find them somewhere for a like 50 bucks? Any of you experience with them?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7970 on: July 30, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »
What would you consider a fair price to pay for a pair of nyjahs? I've been eyeing them for a little bit and if I find the right colorway I might pull the trigger but not for full price.. Any chance to find them somewhere for a like 50 bucks? Any of you experience with them?

I saw the first two colorways at the outlet for $40

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.

stranded

« Reply #7972 on: July 30, 2018, 08:47:45 PM »
^
His girlfriend is a model and he is rich. Why doesn’t he get a stylist?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7973 on: August 01, 2018, 03:00:51 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #7974 on: August 01, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
Hard to believe something that's white and blue still resembles a giant turd.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #7977 on: August 01, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »
Looks like hi tape lol

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #7978 on: August 02, 2018, 06:16:07 AM »
im curious how those Nyjah shoes are selling. I haven't seen a single pair in person. It's too hot here to wear a rubber shoe though, so maybe thats the reason.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?