Author Topic: Concrete ledge things  (Read 2191 times)

Chris McCracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Concrete ledge things
« on: November 24, 2006, 01:21:11 AM »
I'm a real n00b when it comes to these types of things, but I've heard that if you take concrete blocks, fill them with bricks or whatever, and dump Quickcrete over them they make good concrete ledges? Does anyone have a good tutorial on this or can you explain step by step what to do? I don't know how to use Quickcrete at all.

loophole

Re: Concrete ledge things
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 02:48:26 AM »
what? if theres a concrete block to skate then youre good to go, fuck that diy shit

unless you want to make one. and you probably got that from transworld, didnt you
do some google research

lars

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 05:57:29 AM »
I've was just using quick concrete to fill in hole in a store, and just to let you know it not easy, to make something pro, you need some one who knows what there doing, to make something good, with the air bumbles, and making it strange, and other stuff, but good luck, and do more research before you piad like 30-50 $ on a bag of concrete...

Chris McCracken

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:03:17 AM »
Yeah, I'm talking about actually making a ledge somewhere.

I don't know what you were talking about? I see Quickcrete stuff in hardware stores at like $2.50 a bag. I don't know how to use it though.

Chris McCracken

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »
And actually I saw some kids talking about it on SkatePerception, but it was a long time ago.

lars

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »
what do you expect from 2.50$ quick concerte= shit, do expect thing great from then, to make something decent you would less spend more then that to make something, depending pn how big, your going spend long time and pouring that stuff in there and it wont be very great, on less your experience, what trying to say is, that to pour concrete take experince to make skate able, and having some amture to tell how to do it, is a whole diffrent thing, it made be a waste of time.

lars

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »
beside on the back, usual it tell how to pour concrete.

I would think you add little water then add the cement, mix it, then do it tell it get thick eought tell its hard to turn it, place those block where you want them then pour it into it. once you pour the concrete in, it not alway best to try and smooth it out, because you get air bumbles and once pour in its already smooth it self out...

the stuff you saw at a hardware is probably the worst quick concrete you can get, the one that is 50$ a bag is like 50 pounds and it smooth it self out.
I doubt you saw one for 2.50 unless it not even ten pound and you need a lot of concrete to put on the box.

there also this other special stuff, that is like a puddie and you can put on top of the box to make it more smooth.-these are some tips

Chris McCracken

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 09:28:02 PM »
Yeah I think I'm just going to slap some coping on some ledges nobody has skated yet or something, this doesn't sound like a good idea. Thanks though.

applejuice66

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 10:22:45 PM »
jason hernandez built one of those ledges in sac.. was able to skate it twice but someone took a hammer to it and ruined the spot. He was supposed to build more when the rain stopped but i dont know whats happening now... the thing was made mainly with cinder blocks and quick crete

lars

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 07:35:20 AM »
yeah just get some angle iron and then drill it into a wooden bench, it would be easyer and more funer to skate. and less expensive probably 20-30$

Chris McCracken

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »
HAHA, where are you from? $30 angling iron?!

lars

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
alright, I wont post any more prices of things unless I do know the price it is, but serouly it is 50$ for "good" quick concrete... angle iron no idea "price" I guess...

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 04:01:08 PM »
Decent angle iron at home depot is about $12 for a 6 foot piece last time I got some.  Granted that was a few years ago, so it could be more by now.