Author Topic: Dylan Rieder on Adidas  (Read 122998 times)

zoltan

Re: Dylan Rieder on Adidas
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 05:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the fuuck. adidas is like the opposite of dylan, flashy and logos everywhere n shit. i'm not backing this.
[close]

Three stripes = Flashy logos everywhere and shit?

I know it has the flower kinda logo thing too, but its not like any of their riders rock the amount of Adidas gear that a Nike sponsored skater does.
[close]

yup. adidas shoes are like one big logo. that's pretty much why i've never been into them.
[close]

So what do you consider the Vans fragmented stripe? Or the the Lakai swoosh-like thing? You are very thick headed if you think there is any skate shoe without a trademark logo-esque pattern on the side. Only exception (anymore) is Emerica really.
[close]

i've just never been into adidas. dylan pretty much said he hated logos right? pretty much every shoe adidas puts out has the huge three stripes on the side.. that's what i'm saying.

thats why i think he chose adidas. Because there logo isnt much of a logo. its just 3 lines.... Gravis was similar just 4 dots....

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 10:39:27 PM »
Quicksilver footwear is done. I just talked to the shop owner in my town and he told me while he was out in California at the tradeshows, he was informed. If they are around at this very moment, they wont be for much longer...

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the fuuck. adidas is like the opposite of dylan, flashy and logos everywhere n shit. i'm not backing this.
[close]

I know it has the flower kinda logo thing too, but its not like any of their riders rock the amount of Adidas gear that a Nike sponsored skater does.
[close]

yup. adidas shoes are like one big logo. that's pretty much why i've never been into them.
[close]

So what do you consider the Vans fragmented stripe? Or the the Lakai swoosh-like thing? You are very thick headed if you think there is any skate shoe without a trademark logo-esque pattern on the side. Only exception (anymore) is Emerica really.
[close]

i've just never been into adidas. dylan pretty much said he hated logos right? pretty much every shoe adidas puts out has the huge three stripes on the side.. that's what i'm saying.
[close]

thats why i think he chose adidas. Because there logo isnt much of a logo. its just 3 lines.... Gravis was similar just 4 dots....

Yea, its pretty much the same...

Why is everyone believing in this all of a sudden anyway? I still think its bullshit, it doesnt make sense.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:12:35 AM by Deekay »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 02:11:39 AM »
This is still just random speculation, i havnt seen anything more concrete than "my moms boyfriends sons mate said so"

However, i would love this to be true, adidas Dylan. footage would be tight

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 06:43:27 AM »
i could see an all leather or leather/suede all black adi ease

strictly freshly

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
He doesn't neccessarily have to make dance slippers for adidas(if this is even true). Dude is still young and perhaps has come to the realization that his whole pseudo fashionista mature hiene pirate look is in fact insanely juvenile and as corny as being decked out in mad logo's. Stan Smiths have been discontinued by the way but are supposedly coming back. I could see him sporting something along the line of the OP Gazelles Adidas did a few years ago.........no stripes.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
inb4 Jeremy Scott x Dylan

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »
Another slow day at work = is it a real photo or did some photoshop wizard work some fukkkin' magic? No one but me will ever know.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea, its pretty much the same...

Why is everyone believing in this all of a sudden anyway? I still think its bullshit, it doesnt make sense.

Its true haha believe it or not. and he was talking about the logos arent flashy which they arent.. im sure they can ake a shoe with smaller stripes or black stripes which would make them unnoticeable

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »

i can see him skating these though

tob.1

• Rep: -17
  • Box Trill.
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 01:34:25 PM »
On a semi related note, saw Sammy skating Vans. Watch out.

SecretShake

• Rep: -1
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »

waffle sole? told ya!

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

other rumours include - someone on gravis/analog flow in the uk here told me last week that dylan was offered to buy 'vans syndicate' and do his own thing from that, converse were also in talks with him.. aaand dylan, sammy, russell houghten, ryan allan, some ex-analog/burton staff are starting their own clothing company.
[close]

Dylan is on Adidas, and that company they are starting is called Side Mission
[close]
thats such a stupid name and how do you know?

says "swagdragon"

side mish sounds appropriate... sounds more like a video name to me.

how many days have you gotten caught up in side missions?

anyway, why wouldn't he skate for one of the big three? adidas has thin indoor soccer shoes that can be spraypainted to have no logo.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

jerrys_kids

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »
But wasn't Dylan going to be on Vans before Gravis and he had beef with someone on the team so it didn't work? It seems weird that they would just forget about that and take him now anyway.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »
But wasn't Dylan going to be on Vans before Gravis and he had beef with someone on the team so it didn't work? It seems weird that they would just forget about that and take him now anyway.

He was already on Vans. You're thinking of the situation with him and Anti Hero.

Imagine him on Anti Hero now. That would be weird.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »
Yeah, and supposedly he was next in line for a shoe too. I remember hearing that one of the reasons he left for Gravis was to build something new with Arto and Oblow and Gravis was super open to letting him do whatever he pleased design-wise (which they did a good job of sticking to).

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »
The owner of my local skates hop claimed that no one really buys Dylan's product because of his name. they just happen to buy it. He claims Dylan Reider's name is really a selling point or makes desirable signature products. I will be the first say that i do not really buy his product or am really influenced by him, but I do enjoy his skating AND I know that there are thousands of skaters who are dressing like Dylan, pretending to be into novels by J. D. Salinger and George Orwell, and rolling up their pant cuffs. I just thought I should bring up how much of an idiot the owner of my local skate shop is.

Vinchenzo

• Rep: -21
    • Eastern Fronts avatar image
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
Stan Smiths and some other guys pro model only have little holes for the stripes so he could wear those
Very true. I hope this means a new batch of colorways of this shoe.

Bought 3 pairs from the outlet for $60 and wish I had bought two more. Best shoes ever, still have one last back up for a good day.

dankradschwag

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »

waffle sole? told ya!

as being a long time poster, i have learned that no matter who, vans is the go to shoe after niggas leave a shoe brand/brand goes under. so, technically, this doesnt prove shit.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »
Expand Quote

waffle sole? told ya!
[close]

as being a long time poster, i have learned that no matter who, vans is the go to shoe after niggas leave a shoe brand/brand goes under. so, technically, this doesnt prove shit.

thanks for the info, us short term posters dunt no what niggas be doing

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
HOW DO YOU FUCKBOYS NOT KNOW ABOUT THE SYNDICATE/DILL SHIT?? GOD DAMN YOU NIGGAS IS BLIND FREE MAX B

Glad to see you're back fam

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

dankradschwag

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

waffle sole? told ya!
[close]

[close]

thanks for the info, us short term posters dunt no what niggas be doing

thats right bitch! niggas need to shut the fuck up and let the OGs tell em how it is nigga

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
Bunch of white boys saying nigga. get outta here cockboy

Will Easley

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »
i swear you can always kinda tell. They just add on that lastm unnecessary "nigga" at the end & it just seems so contrived.

dankradschwag

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i swear you can always kinda tell. They just add on that lastm unnecessary "nigga" at the end & it just seems so contrived.

nigga fuck both of you fags nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
Heard today that Vans and Converse are the two top dogs in the Dylan bidding war.  But Vans may be pricing Converse out of the game just to grab Dylan.  Do with that what you will, but I heard it from an insider from the Dylan camp.
Get litty.....

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »
Heard today that Vans and Converse are the two top dogs in the Dylan bidding war.  But Vans may be pricing Converse out of the game just to grab Dylan.  Do with that what you will, but I heard it from an insider from the Dylan camp.

It would be so sick if he went to vans and him and dill and a couple others start that syndicate team thing I read about before.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2013, 03:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
HOW DO YOU FUCKBOYS NOT KNOW ABOUT THE SYNDICATE/DILL SHIT?? GOD DAMN YOU NIGGAS IS BLIND FREE MAX B
[close]

Glad to see you're back fam

i'm not, pete's the worst. when it comes to all caps posters, it's 5 inch all day

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
Can't see that happening. Ever. I could really see him on Nike though..

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
Vans would probably let him do a dressy shoe. Remember those pics of Alex Olson's sample shoe? That thing looked like an oxford, basically. Don't see why they wouldn't let Dylan do something similar.