Author Topic: Best Part in Toy Machine’s Good & Evil  (Read 3554 times)

sid vicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Best Part in Toy Machine’s Good & Evil
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2021, 10:12:41 PM »
Does anyone remember how to get the bonus easter egg part that was on the dvd? i remember a friend showing me when it first came out. Was a part of 2 brothers

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2021, 10:18:16 PM »
Also I remember being like “how did you do sw big heel board?” To which billy marks simply shrugged and said “eh I got lucky”.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2021, 11:03:41 PM »
J lay and Josh Harmony

Abec3000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2021, 11:07:34 PM »
Got to see Johnny Layton’s back lip and back smith down that big ten in person. That rail is chest high so didn’t really think those tricks were possible at the time. But Johnny or Billy.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2021, 12:31:23 AM »
Does anyone remember how to get the bonus easter egg part that was on the dvd? i remember a friend showing me when it first came out. Was a part of 2 brothers

Do you mean the flow section with nial and sean frederickson? Thats the easter egg  from suffer the joy

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2021, 09:49:22 AM »
billy dropped some ground breaking hammers in emo hesh gear that part is still heavy

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just watched a good chunk of this while writing slowly.

Music supervision and art direction were top notch, especially fitting for the era. Videos and brands from this time will always have a soft spot within me, but I think it works because of its context. I wouldn't have the same expectations from Toy Machine or Zero at current day. Not a dis, but not what my interest is focused on now. I think this is why some legacy brands struggle (also with the changing of the guard which established the brand) and why revamps don't work.

I guess Habitat worked out and I'm hoping Satori will do it right, but there are obvious fails like Blueprint and even successful ones like Plan B and Creature even smell funny. I wasn't there in their heyday but I can see where they at now. Get there while you can. I absolutely loved Ipath but don't need or want to see it come back. I think Quasi is a perfect answer to Alien Workshop.

I loved this era but am more fitting with IDK Polar and Sour as a 30-something. I still love Emerica.

Other notes:
- The flashes/strobes from the sequence photography in the video looked weird.
- Why do I still think of Matt Bennett as the new guy? I also thought he was in the fallen video but no?
- Yeah, J Lay's part was the best.
- I wish videos still had a post-credits montage scored to Belle and Sebastian and I still lived at home and had all my pets with me.
[close]

I think he is but he doesn't have a part, just a few clips if I remember correctly in Harmony's part
[close]

Bennett definitely has a full part.
[close]

I’m talking about the Fallen video, not Good and Evil

Apologies!

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2021, 10:44:24 AM »
I like Matt Bennett but he does the funniest and worst switch push ever committed to film about a minute into his part.