Author Topic: Place to stay in San Francisco.  (Read 523 times)

Nuns and Guns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Place to stay in San Francisco.
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:21:45 PM »
Hello my name is Dylan I'm an English skater from London.

I'm traveling to SF for about two weeks in June then heading down to LA.
I'm going it alone on the whole trip and could do with some help. Hotels are out of my budget,
I was hoping that someone could help point me in the right direction for somewhere to stay?
Also as I will be new to the city would anyone be kind enough to help a fellow skater out and help
show me around or hang out and skate for the day?

I know there is a good chance that no one is going to care about this but any thing that could help me would be much appreciated.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
Re: Place to stay in San Francisco.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
a couple of years ago, i traveld from LA to SF (with a short stay in vegas)

in SF i stayed at a hostel in the redlight district in SF ... it was very close to "Pier 7". but i cant remember the name.

in SF, it was very easy for me to met other skates ... just skate at the famous spots and you will easly get to know some locals. i literally bumped inso some skaters from brasil, which i met in LA and we kept skateing together in SF.

but be aware, not every skater is your friend ... one of the guys from brasil told me a story that some other "skater" tried to steal stuff and money from them ... just watch out.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
The Green Tortoise is popular.

http://www.greentortoise.com/san-francisco-hostel/index.php

Maybe try to find some young crazy locs and buy a bunch of 30 racks. If you all get shredded together, you might find a couch to piss yourself on.

Otherwise, show up drunk and nicely dressed at Fillmore and Greenwich around 1:30 a.m. and try to get a rich chick to take you home. Tell her that you're a software engineer.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »
I hear Green Tortoise is reasonably priced and there are always skaters staying there.