Author Topic: BAKER concaves  (Read 7476 times)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
Re: BAKER concaves
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »
I know this thread is super old, I just haven't found a recent thread or discussion about this anywhere.

First of all Baker and Deathwish I dig the homie vibe and the team seems solid. 

Now on to my opinion about their boards had what was the OG shape pointy nose and tail flat as fuck didn't like it. Tried the steep concave DW board twice a wider deck maybe I was wrong nope absolute shit. I would like to try the B2 shape but..... If history has shown me anything else it probably sucks ass as well.

I just disassembled an OG baker, too pointy for my taste but I kiiiiiiinda enjoyed the flat was thinking about the B2 shape again but would rather the B16 squared with the B16 dims, that would be the shit. As it is, the B2 8.3s/8.5s are all 32" with a 14.5"WB...I'd settle for a medium kick/cave around 8.3 and under 32" but longer than 31.5" ...

SpankerChief

• Rep: -1
  • Fapatron
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
I know this thread is super old, I just haven't found a recent thread or discussion about this anywhere.

First of all Baker and Deathwish I dig the homie vibe and the team seems solid. 

Now on to my opinion about their boards had what was the OG shape pointy nose and tail flat as fuck didn't like it. Tried the steep concave DW board twice a wider deck maybe I was wrong nope absolute shit. I would like to try the B2 shape but..... If history has shown me anything else it probably sucks ass as well.

I just disassembled an OG baker, too pointy for my taste but I kiiiiiiinda enjoyed the flat was thinking about the B2 shape again but would rather the B16 squared with the B16 dims, that would be the shit. As it is, the B2 8.3s/8.5s are all 32" with a 14.5"WB...I'd settle for a medium kick/cave around 8.3 and under 32" but longer than 31.5" ...
I've been rocking Real HW deck it feels like a foundation deck but does have a decent concave not a full nose or tail.

What I miss about the early 2000's and late 90's the sizes and concaves were standard the block square nose and tail much like an FA or minilogo almost thumb sized.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -123
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 07:19:02 AM »
Iím just after breaking a DEATHWISH team deck that I adored.
It had that pointy noise and tail that I love and a good steep enough concave - another thing I appreciate in a board.
Except for Baker and DW, do any other companies have the same molds / shapes? I like supporting baker and dw but would like more options with brands

Skateboarding: come for the fun...stay for the drama.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »
B16 is my favorite shape of all time and the shape I've skated the most of back to back; I think all last year all I skated were B16s actually. Every now and then I'll get a dud but for the most part they're amazing. I prefer the medium to flat ones though, flip tricks work better for me on them, the steeper ones don't feel as good; so when I'm buying one at the shop I always gotta stand on it to make sure its flat enough, and when I'm ordering a B16 online I just have to hope that it's not a steeper one.
@poor alice Powell's 8.5 ◊ 32 shape is pretty similar actually.

nosneb

• Rep: 5
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
Hookups uses the pointy shape and medium mellow concave same wood as baker

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -123
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 02:30:08 AM »
B16 is my favorite shape of all time and the shape I've skated the most of back to back; I think all last year all I skated were B16s actually. Every now and then I'll get a dud but for the most part they're amazing. I prefer the medium to flat ones though, flip tricks work better for me on them, the steeper ones don't feel as good; so when I'm buying one at the shop I always gotta stand on it to make sure its flat enough, and when I'm ordering a B16 online I just have to hope that it's not a steeper one.
@poor alice Powell's 8.5 ◊ 32 shape is pretty similar actually.

Cheers for the shout, but 8.5 is far too big for me these days- Iíve slowly gone back down from an 8.5 / 8.375 I think to 8.125 and now Iíve settled on an 8.
Itís the pointy nose and tail coupled with the nice concave that adds up to making what I feel has been my favourite shape of board.
I did just order an 8Ē Lizzie Armando birdhouse for £40, are they still manufactured by the same wood shops as Baker etc?

Skateboarding: come for the fun...stay for the drama.