Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
484 (70.6%)
Yeah I guess a bit
163 (23.8%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
12 (1.7%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 680

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 163778 times)

BeAWitness, Gene_Harrogate and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
North America is pretty saturated and as much as Jart may not be cool…Sour sure is, it just wasn’t well distributed here and TBH when I found out they weren’t BBS, I shied away from them.  This is good to hear.  Automation is interesting for sure, I just didn’t think we would have seen it so soon. I can see the benefits….less transportation, less slave labour….i just assumed heavy financing up front but I guess if HLC has it dialed, maybe not….

fernando the skater

• Rep: 106
Sk8supply who are connected to G&S and took over the Watson pressing, cutting equipment, I believe.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Sk8supply who are connected to G&S and took over the Watson pressing, cutting equipment, I believe.

Thanks for the post.

Seems there are quite a few links from those guys I just followed another half dozen accounts to do with woodshops, skateboard manufacturing, etc.

https://www.instagram.com/sk8supplydotcom/

Their old school skate shop

https://www.instagram.com/SK8supplymfg/

The woodshop itself with only a few posts so far, but interesting to see.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

This is one of those other links from the previous one that came up.

Thought it could do with it's own post instead of tagging it on to the last one.

https://www.instagram.com/tim_simmons_93/

Tim Simmons - Shapes Skateboard Co.
Manufacturing skateboards in Clearwater, FL
shapesskateboardco
arcanumskateboards
curbdogs_skateboard_rails
shapesskateboardco.com

https://www.instagram.com/shapesskateboardco/

Shapes Skateboard Co
Skateboard printing & custom manufacturing
- no minimums for boards or graphics
- fast turnaround times for standard shapes
- die cut stickers
shapesskateboardco.com

Always something really satisfying about seeing a board getting shaped, not that I ride any of these old 80s shaped boards much anymore like I used to back in the 80s, but they are still a lot of fun to roll around on.

rikki

• Rep: 280
Ok, yeah, so Jart comes off like a white trust fund kid reggae band. Yawn.

Speaking of Sour/HLC, I've had a good time with their 8.25 Jatta model recently, but I think I prefer going back to good old BBS after that. Missing that overall slimmer feel with a bit steeper kicks.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
new hardbody boards are ps stix, according to their website
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Ghost Face

• Rep: 107
Does HLC setting up in the US mean that those brands with 3 different woodshops (US, Eu, Ch) would potentially now have 2 ie HLC-euro and HLC-usa.

Will HLC take the manufacturing away from BBS, PSstix etc and no more China?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

I just noticed that the skatesamples.com site now has the full board dimensions list pic as part of each board listing, which is good, as they didn't have that up before.

Not going to just post the pic here, but going to any of their deck listings, you can easily see, copy or save the image.

https://skatesamples.com/products/blank-deck-premium-2-dye

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • Overweight and Underprepared
@Woodshop Hey there, I know this isn't wood specific, but given your knowledge base I thought you were the most appropriate person to ask this question.

Are you aware of any retailers that offer heat transfer services without having to purchase the board from them OR places where you can purchase custom heat transfers from to complete it myself?

I like BBS and want to use their wood for a small project. I know there are a few sites that offer custom graphics, but none of them are on BBS, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
@pugmaster so some of the smaller business don’t even print their transfers in house. Sometimes they’ll order them from china for super cheap adding a few weeks to production time. I’m sure Ryan gallant and Baltimore board brewery are printing transfers in house. Wouldn’t hurt to ask them.

The thing I don’t know is, what kind of transfer it needs to be. There are different kinds of transfers. The most common is Direct to fabric. I’ve printed dtf on a board and it didn’t wasn’t retail quality. I ordered some old stereo heat transfers (which I think are printed differently) and tried to put them on with an iron and a dtf press. Didn’t go well. That roller press they use applies pressure and works well with the curve of a board.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • Overweight and Underprepared
@pugmaster so some of the smaller business don’t even print their transfers in house. Sometimes they’ll order them from china for super cheap adding a few weeks to production time. I’m sure Ryan gallant and Baltimore board brewery are printing transfers in house. Wouldn’t hurt to ask them.

The thing I don’t know is, what kind of transfer it needs to be. There are different kinds of transfers. The most common is Direct to fabric. I’ve printed dtf on a board and it didn’t wasn’t retail quality. I ordered some old stereo heat transfers (which I think are printed differently) and tried to put them on with an iron and a dtf press. Didn’t go well. That roller press they use applies pressure and works well with the curve of a board.

+1 Thanks for the insight. I'll try hitting those folks up. Your experience is exactly why I am glad I asked. I thought to myself, "well I have an iron, I'll just do it myself" but it appears to be more complicated.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

+1 Thanks for the insight. I'll try hitting those folks up. Your experience is exactly why I am glad I asked. I thought to myself, "well I have an iron, I'll just do it myself" but it appears to be more complicated.

Yeah, I really don't know anyone or anywhere, besides a few links I have here in Australia, so at least Twist was able to give you some more info more local to you.

Some places will get transfers made and then allow you to put them on anything, but I feel like having a prior relationship and knowledge in the industry locally here helps, so someone just cold calling a distributor of blanks might not be so receptive to anything like that.

The places I know have minimums for transfers, but even that is not a worry - get 30 printed but only use as many as you want.

Other places are a little less willing to do anything outside of their own transfers on their own boards.

That is my experience anyway.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Expand Quote

[close]

Ryan Gallant used Clutch wood using the K mold which is their tapered shape. I think his minimum orders are 50 with a graphic setup fee.

Drop me a DM if you want the prices.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fernando the skater

• Rep: 106
Claus Grabke was recently at Madrid getting his board made for Skateboarding Hall Of Fame, and took some photographs. They also do Santa Monica Airlines now.

lulz

• Rep: 41
Wow! Thank you Mr Woodshop and Mr Brimson.

This is a ton of work that you did for us. I thought this thread was only the front page, because you put all the stuff I come here for, right there. The sale thread has killer deals, then we come here to see if the deal board is for us, then we make informed decisions.

I don’t have the right words, like:

Muchas gracias mi amigo!  :D

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Idk if this If this one has been posted

https://www.instagram.com/pushmorelongboardsllc?igsh=N2J0Z3B2eXNzc3ox

I wasn't following it, so I would say no, not yet.

Thanks for posting!

Interesting modern looking equipment, just going by the few quick posts I looked at too.

Not going to post some of the custom molds, but that could be an interesting one - your favourite board used to make a custom mold to make more from all the brands you know and love...  :)

https://www.instagram.com/pushmorelongboardsllc/

https://www.pushmorelongboards.com/
https://www.skateboardmold.com/
HILLSBORO, OR