Author Topic: The Scrape Report  (Read 35283 times)

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Scrape Report
« Reply #480 on: February 12, 2024, 03:09:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I've been skating this board since June - I would have moved on from it but Chicago winter has me out less, and it's just so perfect. Considering grabbing a few of this generator 8.25 magenta shape since they're on clutch wood at the moment.

Magenta Leo 8.25
Venture 5.6
F4 53mm
Reds
[close]

How can someone spot the difference from BBS to Clutch wood if he has a few Magenta decks laying around?
[close]

To my knowledge they've been generator up till the last drop - Both theories and alltimers have been using Chapman (and thus clutch). Though I did just hear Josh on a podcast today saying he loves generator wood and the theories boards are the same shape as magenta so it's likely temporary. The main difference is the barcode on the packaging, and I think almost all generator magenta boards are the dark brown stain (unsure with the chapman/clutch boards).
[close]

None of the 5 Magenta decks I had/have are with this dark brown stain. I will look at them tomorrow and can post top pics. In the meanwhile, I suggest we ask @Woodshop

Cha ching!!!!!

Ha no but I actually saw this and was going to reply on my normal account, but thought I should use the Woodshop account more for board related things like this anyway.

So between all the various Magenta boards I have had come through my hands, they were all brown stain, like Passport, until the pandemic, at which time they started coming out in various stains, still on BBS, but then a few of the boards didn't feel like BBS concave, so it was a little weird, or maybe from different molds within the BBS facility, but I didn't confirm this with anyone.  They were different dimensions / shapes too, eg usually 8.5 x 32.3 with 14.5 wb, but the other ones were 8.5 x 32 even on a 14.38 wb.

I didn't skate them, but the most recent boards I got were all team editions, but all blue bottom stain and orange top stains, super steep too, on BBS wood, so that is my experience.

That is here in Australia, so it could be different in USA or especially overseas somewhere else like Europe.

As to identification, if they are ungripped, BBS would have a dimple type dot between the front bolts, whereas Clutch would usually have a letter and number stamp into the front bolts area, often covered by a size sticker.  If they are already gripped, then it is harder to tell, but I feel like BBS has way more of a spoon concave to the kicks, whereas most other woodshops don't have quite that much spoon to them, mostly flat faced kicks really, but some have some concave across the kicks as well, similar to but not the same as BBS does.

Hope that helps.

* I should update the list if people say they have Clutch boards.  I know there was a short run around 2021 that was most likely Clutch, but couldn't confirm it.  Copying this to the Woodshop thread too, just to have the info there as well.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 670
Re: The Scrape Report
« Reply #481 on: Today at 11:33:22 AM »

Always enjoy how white decks look scraped up