Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689768 times)

frtzgn95 (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1080 on: June 27, 2015, 07:10:19 PM »
It's basically just company men and trend hoppers bumping this thread. Everyone knows Bones and Wreck makes great wheels, so a 40 page thread isn't necessary for them.

Look
Back
At
Earlier
Pages

They flatspot

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1081 on: June 27, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1082 on: June 28, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
Expand Quote
darkstar
[close]

Truth be told, I rode a set, back with the first Tensors (with the slider) they were hard and didn't flatspot :\

Zero board, tensors and darkstars buwhahahahhaha

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1083 on: August 04, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »
I'll just leave this here for all you 'thin' wheel dudes..

Was able to look at these in a shop today, shape is sweet, much like the AB Nexus/Wreck Slim/Skinnier Bones V2. I'll bite once the F4s roll out!

BMCsteve

« Reply #1084 on: August 04, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »
Expand Quote
I'll just leave this here for all you 'thin' wheel dudes..

[close]

Was able to look at these in a shop today, shape is sweet, much like the AB Nexus/Wreck Slim/Skinnier Bones V2. I'll bite once the F4s roll out!

Same here!

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1085 on: August 05, 2015, 12:51:27 AM »
I skate in rougher asphalt and stop with powerslides. I wanted to know if you recommend that I go with 99 or 101 duro wheels and what would be a better shape. I currently skate the 99 Classic shape.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1086 on: August 05, 2015, 04:23:26 AM »
I skate in rougher asphalt and stop with powerslides. I wanted to know if you recommend that I go with 99 or 101 duro wheels and what would be a better shape. I currently skate the 99 Classic shape.

I've only skated the 99a Conicals (to much grip for me), 99a Classics (perfect for park) and 101 Classics (slippery in some parks and a little rough on the street) but it seems like the 101 Conicals would be perfect for what you need.  They'll be a little rough but if you powerslide alot, they will be hard to flat spot and will offer you a lot of control

tanginacat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1087 on: August 05, 2015, 07:15:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've only skated the 99a Conicals (to much grip for me), 99a Classics (perfect for park) and 101 Classics (slippery in some parks and a little rough on the street) but it seems like the 101 Conicals would be perfect for what you need.  They'll be a little rough but if you powerslide alot, they will be hard to flat spot and will offer you a lot of control

i skate roughs 99a's are pretty chill you could still slide but a lil tiny bit grippy works for me but 101's for sure are better on streets

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1088 on: August 05, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »
99a/101a Radials!  :o

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1089 on: August 05, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »
Thank you for the advice.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1090 on: August 05, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
99a will feel better travelling on rough asphalt, but not by much. Remember, we're only talking 2 levels of duro here 99, 100, 101 - the real difference is the grip, which I assume is more based around the formula than the duro as the 99s still slide great.

Radials are the hybrid shape, not so round as the classics and not so square as the conicals, it's as if they took the classic shape wore it down and  rounded the lip.

Still wish they were thinner ;)

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1091 on: August 05, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »
99a will feel better travelling on rough asphalt, but not by much. Remember, we're only talking 2 levels of duro here 99, 100, 101 - the real difference is the grip, which I assume is more based around the formula than the duro as the 99s still slide great.

Radials are the hybrid shape, not so round as the classics and not so square as the conicals, it's as if they took the classic shape wore it down and  rounded the lip.

Still wish they were thinner ;)

I can only imagine how good the powerslides will feel on those. Now I need tissues

CHANCHO

• Rep: -25
  • IAMIYAM
« Reply #1092 on: August 14, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »
switched from crusty hand me down bones SPF wheels to 54mm 99 blue conicals and let me tell you those boys at spitfire are on to something.

smooth ride, feel great on street.  Its hard to describe but I prefer these wheels outside the park.  Very fast, very smooth but not in a cruiser wheel soft sort of way.  Nice lock in too, almost hung up lapping over on a smith.  A littttttle bit slippery in the dusty ass park compared to spf but that slide and scroitch  :o  I could also see how chipping could potentially be a problem but i'll report back later
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:26:10 AM by CHANCHO »

Hannity

« Reply #1093 on: August 14, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
i picked up the conical full 58mm formula 4s since i always figure why not get the biggest wheel for your money. they are wide as fuck. and i'm gonna need to dig out my 1/8" riser pads that i haven't used since my first set-up.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1094 on: August 14, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »
Some classic shape 99a's in 55mm need to happen. I'd ride the fuck out of those.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1095 on: August 15, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
Some classic shape 99a's in 55mm need to happen. I'd ride the fuck out of those.

Just get 56 or 54?

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #1096 on: August 16, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
riding 52's in the 99 duros and loving the shit outta them

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1097 on: August 16, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »

That's basically what these are, only .5mm bigger: http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=47569

Go bomb a hill and power slide a bunch and they are 55s.

I'm riding them right now. Nice wheels.

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1098 on: August 16, 2015, 06:58:24 PM »
Shout out to Reed @ DLX. Cheers man!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1099 on: August 16, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's basically what these are, only .5mm bigger: http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=47569

Go bomb a hill and power slide a bunch and they are 55s.

I'm riding them right now. Nice wheels.

or

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=59545

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1100 on: August 17, 2015, 04:01:10 PM »
After a month of skating the 99A conical full, it's safe to say that, indeed, they are too sticky. Other than that, the wheel is perfect so next time I'll switch it up too 101 A classic full to see how they feel.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: August 17, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
After a month of skating the 99A conical full, it's safe to say that, indeed, they are too sticky. Other than that, the wheel is perfect so next time I'll switch it up too 101 A classic full to see how they feel.

Depending on what size you ride, the difference between conical full and classic full is pretty negligible

http://spitfirewheels.com/formulafour/

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1102 on: August 17, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Depending on what size you ride, the difference between conical full and classic full is pretty negligible

I ride 52s so that means classic full are even wider. I guess I have to try the conical 101a ?

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: August 17, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »
My main problem is in the tranny section of my local park, we have this tall quarter pipe and I was trying to do reverts on it but I kept getting stuck halfway through the ''trick''... probably my fault but I just like to blame it on something else.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1104 on: August 17, 2015, 07:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I ride 52s so that means classic full are even wider. I guess I have to try the conical 101a ?

If .5 mm is going to fuck your ocd, yes, conicals in 101a ;) otherwise, the slide quality of the 101a vs the 99s is significant a wider 101a will slide better than a narrower 99a (within a few mm), at least that's what it felt like to me.

Is that 1/4p slick (doesn't look it)? I was doing alleyoop/cess slides with 101s in a bowl, 99a I struggled with them (doable but too much more effort).

What's bizarre is after riding V5 STFs, which I flatspotted, I find them a nice middle ground between the 99a and 101a spits and they are nearly identical to the spit classic shape.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:05:01 PM by Xen »

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1105 on: August 17, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If .5 mm is going to fuck your ocd, yes, conicals in 101a ;) otherwise, the slide quality of the 101a vs the 99s is significant a wider 101a will slide better than a narrower 99a (within a few mm), at least that's what it felt like to me.

Is that 1/4p slick (doesn't look it)? I was doing alleyoop/cess slides with 101s in a bowl, 99a I struggled with them (doable but too much more effort).

What's bizarre is after riding V5 STFs, which I flatspotted, I find them a nice middle ground between the 99a and 101a spits and they are nearly identical to the spit classic shape.

I'm not OCD at all, I just like wider wheels mostly because I live in a city that has the shittiest ground so wide wheels offer a smoother ride.

The 1/4 feels like pretty much every other concrete park I've skated. I'm new in this city so it's the first set of wheels that I skate at that park so I really compare with other brands. That being said, I've been riding polar wheels (creative urethane) for the past 2 years, and doing reverts on concrete tranny we're easier than with the F4s.

Again, I'm just being hard on spitfire, the wheels are all around great and I would recommend them to anyone. But, if you're going to claim to have reinvented the wheel, I will be a tougher critic.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1106 on: August 18, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not OCD at all, I just like wider wheels mostly because I live in a city that has the shittiest ground so wide wheels offer a smoother ride.

The 1/4 feels like pretty much every other concrete park I've skated. I'm new in this city so it's the first set of wheels that I skate at that park so I really compare with other brands. That being said, I've been riding polar wheels (creative urethane) for the past 2 years, and doing reverts on concrete tranny we're easier than with the F4s.

Again, I'm just being hard on spitfire, the wheels are all around great and I would recommend them to anyone. But, if you're going to claim to have reinvented the wheel, I will be a tougher critic.

Do you like those wheels? I gave some to a friend of mine in his birthday and havent saw a wheel burn as fast as those. in 2 months they gone from 52 to 45 and are conning like hell. He's not any pro material and barelly does powerslides...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1107 on: August 18, 2015, 05:39:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Do you like those wheels? I gave some to a friend of mine in his birthday and havent saw a wheel burn as fast as those. in 2 months they gone from 52 to 45 and are conning like hell. He's not any pro material and barelly does powerslides...

Yeah they did conned and burned quickly, but I was getting them at cost price (16$ compared to 50$ for spits in canada) so I kept buying a new pair every 5-6 months

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1108 on: August 19, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »
I have 56mm 101a Conical Fulls, and they slide much better than the 52mm 99a classic shapes I had. The classic shape 101a is way to slippery for me, but the conical fulls in 101 are a perfect ratio of slide to grip. The only think I don't like about them is that because they're wider, I get wheelbite more easily.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1109 on: August 27, 2015, 08:04:32 AM »
are the recent Busenitz F4s just regular classics with his name on them?  or are they special/shaped in some other way?

sub-question:  do guys get money from wheels with their name on them?
hardly art, hardly starving