Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689292 times)

Noble Experiment

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1170 on: October 28, 2015, 06:27:13 AM »
Was just gifted a pair of 52 mm radial fulls in 101A, someone got tired of seeing my old set that was down to under 40 mm, they started life as 56s and the east coast ruined them. 
That's rad. Coincidentally i just gifted an old set of F4s to a friend last night. He had a set of black classic spits that were worn down to what looked like 40mms. I told him there's no way he's riding around with those, and threw him an old set of F4 101a's I had lying around that were 54 but are more like 50's now.

Dengles

« Reply #1171 on: October 28, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Was just gifted a pair of 52 mm radial fulls in 101A, someone got tired of seeing my old set that was down to under 40 mm, they started life as 56s and the east coast ruined them.� 
[close]
That's rad. Coincidentally i just gifted an old set of F4s to a friend last night. He had a set of black classic spits that were worn down to what looked like 40mms. I told him there's no way he's riding around with those, and threw him an old set of F4 101a's I had lying around that were 54 but are more like 50's now.
Fuck yeah! sometimes it just takes a kick in the ass like being given free wheels to finally replace them. 

BMCsteve

« Reply #1172 on: November 02, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »
Specs for the Radial Slims just came out - http://spitfirewheels.com/formulafour/

They're a couple mm thinner than the classics

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1173 on: November 02, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
1MM difference than my regular conicals, not even trippin.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Dima

« Reply #1174 on: November 03, 2015, 12:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am officially interested.

I was a Spitfire supporter for a while, and wanted to keep supporting them super badly, but I just couldn't stand buying a set of wheels and having them flatspot and wear out in the blink of an eye. I've been on the STF bandwagon for a few years now. If these wheels are anywhere near as good as STFs, it will be what I am buying from now on.
[close]
Might have to try these out after seeing Josh flat spot STFs haha He did the impossible
[close]

i have flatspotted both f-4's and stfs on the first day of skating them. both incidents occured on extremely smooth concrete (the kind of stuff that is layed on warehouse floors), while i was going pretty slow and doing tricks on flat. i am very slim and i have also flatspotted a set of rictas on the same surface.
my opinion on these wheels (formula 4's) is that that they are by far the best wheels. their formula is bouncier than the stf (not softer but bouncier - which makes the wheels faster) and i think they also slide much more. the biggest advantage over the stfs is that the part of the wheel that hugs the bearing does not loosen up. with stfs i have noticed that after a month of use the ring that holds the bearing tight to the wheel loosens up and the wheels starts spinning around the bearing. this is unacceptable and to me its not the spitfires being good, rather its the stfs being terrible. if i skate stfs for a couple of months then i can take the bearings out of the wheels by just tipping the wheel and the bearing falls off! i really dont know why theres is all this hype with stfs. the reason i skate stfs is that they are the only decent wheel i can easily get hold of.
[close]
:D
you must be jocking, I know tons of people that rides STFs or have riden STFs in the past during months and even more than a year for somes and I've never ever heard such a story.
That and your whole text looks like some advertisement for Spitfire, it's just ridiculous
[close]

no man, sorry for my style of writing but im greek so im a bit bad at english. maybe what happened to me (and a couple of friends) was due to the extremely hot conditions that i normally skate in. this is the reason i have experimented with rictas, trying to see if the inner core would help. im not promoting spitfires and am actually skating a set of stfs right now. saying this, i have to admit that this new set i got (v 5's) has not slacked round the bearings yet (2 months in now) and i was expecting this as the wheels are actually wider (the kind of conical shape in a way supports the area that hugs the bearing). the issue i mentioned before was very prominent in slim shaped wheels (v 3's mainly). im not sure, maybe the sets were faulty or whatever but it did happen and not just once. spitfire are much better anyway but are not distributed in my area (greece is financially fucked at the moment)
[close]
i've experienced that with stf too, bearing falls of the wheel on one side of each wheel after a few months, but it's very hot where i live too...btw i had a new set with the bones customer thing, it's very cool from them cause i live very far away from the US, and for free !

I have skated strictly STFs(v2s and 3s) and never had any problems for the past 5 years in Spanish heat around 40 celsius at best.
Flatspotted a shitload of spitfires before tho, never tried the formula4s so cant say anything about those...

edit. and I dont know any other wheel that stays white for the whole duration that they are used, I dont fuck with yellow wheels.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:55:58 PM by Dima »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1175 on: November 04, 2015, 02:49:16 PM »
1-2mm difference and they are calling it a slim? Hasn't anyone over at DLX looked at an STV V3/AB Street slims/NRGs or <insert other obviously slim wheel>?

I flatspotted a set of STF V5s around a month ago doing noseslides, sent them in and was sent a replacement. Still haven't used them.

Flattspotted my Ricta NRG park crushers in a park doing a powerslide, haven't bothered to contact them.

I've ridden a few sets of F4s and haven't flatt'd a single one.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1176 on: November 04, 2015, 03:26:06 PM »
1-2mm difference and they are calling it a slim? Hasn't anyone over at DLX looked at an STV V3/AB Street slims/NRGs or <insert other obviously slim wheel>?

I flatspotted a set of STF V5s around a month ago doing noseslides, sent them in and was sent a replacement. Still haven't used them.

Flattspotted my Ricta NRG park crushers in a park doing a powerslide, haven't bothered to contact them.

The Radial-Slim is just a slimmer version of the Radial shape.

It's not supposed to be a new stand-alone 'slim' wheel.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1177 on: November 04, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo, Lenny - that's what we all want though!

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1178 on: November 04, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yo, Lenny - that's what we all want though!

I know fellas!

All I can say right now is that we hear you, and there is something in the works..

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1179 on: November 06, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
I need to ask everyone here a question because I'm about to give up on Spitfires for good which sucks because I've always ridden them and they're my favorite wheels...I'm regular and for some reason my back, toe side wheel always cones/gets worn down way faster than the other three. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Right now I'm riding the 53mm/99a "What, Me Spit?" and it happened so fast. I flipped it over and it coned again. I don't do a lot of powerslides, and admittedly the ground here is pretty rough (even the formula fours that I've had have worn out really quick!) I skate once or twice a week, usually for a few hours, and I feel that a set of wheels should last me a lot longer than Spitfires have been lately. I've had this set for a month and a half and the size difference in the one wheel is huge, not to mention all of the chunks and divots missing out of them from the rough ground...

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1180 on: November 06, 2015, 07:15:54 AM »
if you skid your tricks this happens, i just rotate em

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1181 on: November 06, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
I need to ask everyone here a question because I'm about to give up on Spitfires for good which sucks because I've always ridden them and they're my favorite wheels...I'm regular and for some reason my back, toe side wheel always cones/gets worn down way faster than the other three. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Right now I'm riding the 53mm/99a "What, Me Spit?" and it happened so fast. I flipped it over and it coned again. I don't do a lot of powerslides, and admittedly the ground here is pretty rough (even the formula fours that I've had have worn out really quick!) I skate once or twice a week, usually for a few hours, and I feel that a set of wheels should last me a lot longer than Spitfires have been lately. I've had this set for a month and a half and the size difference in the one wheel is huge, not to mention all of the chunks and divots missing out of them from the rough ground...
Try other brands and find what is more suitable for your skating.
Everybody has his own preferences or they way to ride a board, what suits for some doesn't necessarily suits for you.
Wheels are like shoes, trucks or board you don't need to follow everybody and use the same products as the others if it doesn't suits your needs.
Try different brands and eventually you'll find out that Spitfire are not the best for you, or on the contrary that they are the best for your skating.
I love Toy Machine, but never find a shape that I licked, suited my needs so I've never rode any toy machine board.

starwars

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1182 on: November 06, 2015, 08:22:04 AM »
Where can you buy the radial slims, are they not out yet?

tanginacat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1183 on: November 06, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »
can som1 tell me the difference between radials 101 54mm / classics full 101 53mm / classics 101 53mm cant decide thanks
these are the only 3 wheels in the shop that i like no sizes to choose
already got the luans conical 99 want to try a lil bit more slidey

GinosGroceries

« Reply #1184 on: November 06, 2015, 09:40:59 PM »
It would be awesome if the tablet shape made a return. Especially if they brought it back in 99 duro.
Just wanted to throw that out there.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1185 on: November 06, 2015, 09:50:42 PM »

BMCsteve

« Reply #1186 on: November 06, 2015, 09:51:57 PM »
can som1 tell me the difference between radials 101 54mm / classics full 101 53mm / classics 101 53mm cant decide thanks
these are the only 3 wheels in the shop that i like no sizes to choose
already got the luans conical 99 want to try a lil bit more slidey

If you want to slide more, you need a harder wheel and a slimmer riding surface.  go with the classic 101's

starwars

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1187 on: November 07, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Where can you buy the radial slims, are they not out yet?
[close]

they're out now http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=62403
Thanks. Figures they don't have 51's though.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1188 on: November 09, 2015, 06:25:00 AM »
I just don't like how the width on Spitfires jumps by 2mm when you go from 54s to 55s. Not every brand does this. I know at some point stability and lateral strength become an issue so you can't make super skinny 60mm wheels, but it's a bummer that to get a slightly bigger diameter you are forced to get a bulkier wheel.

No1knows

« Reply #1189 on: November 13, 2015, 04:43:29 AM »
Damn I just read 20 pages of that topic and I finally found what wheelies of the F4 im gonna get.
Someone posted that link to purchase cheap spits but I cant seem to find the Tablet... Someone ?
Edit: Are they like the Classic <<full>> or Conical <<full>>
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=1955&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:50:22 AM by No1knows »
hi.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1190 on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:25 AM »
Damn I just read 20 pages of that topic and I finally found what wheelies of the F4 im gonna get.
Someone posted that link to purchase cheap spits but I cant seem to find the Tablet... Someone ?
Edit: Are they like the Classic <<full>> or Conical <<full>>
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=1955&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc

I believe the tablets were similar to the Conical Full but without the sidecut

No1knows

« Reply #1191 on: November 13, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
Thank you fam.
Anyways is there really a big difference between the sidecut and without ?
hi.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1192 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:36 PM »
Thank you fam.
Anyways is there really a big difference between the sidecut and without ?

No difference at all other than "reduced weight" which I'm assuming is about as much as a clipping of grass

No1knows

« Reply #1193 on: November 13, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
Cool Thanks yo.
After a full day of lurking online I finally know which one im getting.
good timing after getting a complete stolen at the bar. fuuuu
hi.

skate_spbr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1194 on: November 17, 2015, 08:20:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Everybody has his own preferences or they way to ride a board, what suits for some doesn't necessarily suits for you.
Wheels are like shoes, trucks or board you don't need to follow everybody and use the same products as the others if it doesn't suits your needs.
Try different brands and eventually you'll find out that Spitfire are not the best for you, or on the contrary that they are the best for your skating.
I love Toy Machine, but never find a shape that I licked, suited my needs so I've never rode any toy machine board.
dude, don't lick boards, it's gross

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1195 on: November 17, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
dude, don't lick boards, it's gross
Everybody has his perversions. Don't judge me :'(
What is yours?

darbuzz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1196 on: November 22, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »
Right guys straight up best all around , 101 or 99 classics?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1197 on: November 22, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »
Right guys straight up best all around , 101 or 99 classics?
At my shop we sell the 99's 5 to 1 over the 101's.

N.L.

« Reply #1198 on: November 22, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
Really curious about the 101s but can't bring myself to take the risk as the 99s are so good...

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #1199 on: November 22, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
The 99's are far superior to the 101's. Especially if you get a shape like the conical fulls, the wider surface just adds to the grippy nature of that urethane