Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689668 times)

boneless900 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1770 on: October 05, 2018, 06:21:07 AM »
Been on 52s ever since my first deck until now. Decided to get 50mm F4 classics. Best wheel I’ve ever had. And 101s for sure. I like my wheels as hard as I  can get.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:23:01 AM by Jud Nestorkins »

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #1771 on: October 05, 2018, 08:59:54 AM »
I need new wheels and have been considering trying the lock-ins but am concerned they will mess with grind tricks where your board isn’t straight (smith, feeble, crook) can anyone who’s had a set offer some insight on that?

I just got some 53mm,99duro LockIns earlier this week and had a decent lil sesh with em. They don’t mess with smiths & feebles at all on ledges or rails, but I’ve heard that they’re harder to pull out of coping or do lip tricks with

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1772 on: October 05, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote
I need new wheels and have been considering trying the lock-ins but am concerned they will mess with grind tricks where your board isn’t straight (smith, feeble, crook) can anyone who’s had a set offer some insight on that?
[close]

I just got some 53mm,99duro LockIns earlier this week and had a decent lil sesh with em. They don’t mess with smiths & feebles at all on ledges or rails, but I’ve heard that they’re harder to pull out of coping or do lip tricks with

Ok so am I the only one that didn’t know they are supposed to be skated with the swirl facing in .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:18:33 AM by hangontoyourego »

Lorn Au Arcos

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1773 on: October 05, 2018, 10:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ok so am I the only one that didn’t know they are supposed to be skated with the swirl facing in .
Have you ever seen anyone that has been skating more than 6 months have their wheels with the graphic side out?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:46:34 AM by Lorn Au Arcos »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #1774 on: October 05, 2018, 10:46:37 AM »
my conical fulls are graphics out because they started to cone every so slightly so i flipped them. next time i take them off to clean the bearings, im gonna scratch the rest of the graphics off cause it bugs me

Lorn Au Arcos

« Reply #1775 on: October 05, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
my conical fulls are graphics out because they started to cone every so slightly so i flipped them. next time i take them off to clean the bearings, im gonna scratch the rest of the graphics off cause it bugs me

for sure, by the time i typically have to rotate/flip around most of the graphic is pretty much gone. just referring to straight putting fresh wheels on graphic side out. It is definitely pretty high on my list of pet peeves.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1776 on: October 05, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
Graphics always in on a fresh set

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1777 on: October 05, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Have you ever seen anyone that has been skating more than 6 months have their wheels with the graphic side out?
What I was referring to is the lock-ins that they were  designed to be graphics in .

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1778 on: October 05, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »

What I was referring to is the lock-ins that they were  designed to be graphics in .

Lock-Ins = graphics out.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1779 on: October 05, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »
I'm with you on graphics out for lockins, STF V5's and other various conical type wheels

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1780 on: October 05, 2018, 02:24:25 PM »
I mean I'm not trying to sound like A dick, but using your lock ins the other way basically defeats the purpose.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1781 on: October 05, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »
I was @ the dlx warehouse recently @ Elad who works there told me they were designed to be graphics in . I don’t think your being a dick but someone did enough to knock me down a number but that’s fine .

i don't believe you

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1782 on: October 05, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
I was @ the dlx warehouse recently @ Elad who works there told me they were designed to be graphics in . I don’t think your being a dick but someone did enough to knock me down a number but that’s fine .
[close]

i don't believe you

Ha ha

Skateforever

« Reply #1783 on: October 06, 2018, 05:26:22 AM »
F4 Full conical all the way. Currently 54mm. They last forever and is the perfect mix between grip and slideability.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1784 on: October 06, 2018, 08:11:50 AM »
lock ins is such a stupid idea, if you want a flat sided wheel, buy radials, if you want a conical wheel, buy conicals... It's not like you're going to flip them around depending on what you skate.

What did those of you that said "they really work!" mean? How exactly did they help you lock in better than radials or conicals would have?

Also, caring about how someone else has their wheel graphic is really fucking dumb...

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1785 on: October 06, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »
If we didn't care about each others graphics, no one would follow the rules!

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1786 on: October 06, 2018, 10:36:41 PM »
lock ins are graphics out for sure

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1787 on: October 07, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
lock ins is such a stupid idea, if you want a flat sided wheel, buy radials, if you want a conical wheel, buy conicals... It's not like you're going to flip them around depending on what you skate.

What did those of you that said "they really work!" mean? How exactly did they help you lock in better than radials or conicals would have?

Also, caring about how someone else has their wheel graphic is really fucking dumb...
lock ins have way more of a square inside edge than radials

i've skated classics, classic slims, radial slims, conical fulls, and lock ins. believe it or not, they're all different

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1788 on: October 07, 2018, 08:28:16 AM »

In this case, putting your graphics in means putting the flat side of the wheel out which is different than the conical side. But yes, wheel graphics being a factor in your purchase is pretty silly.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1789 on: October 07, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
Lock ins are more tablet on the inside, conical outside.

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1790 on: October 07, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i've skated classics, classic slims, radial slims, conical fulls, and lock ins. believe it or not, they're all different

The Grosso spitfires out now are classic full.  Thats probably the best shape for you

foureyedjim

« Reply #1791 on: October 07, 2018, 01:32:36 PM »

We're skateboarders...these stupid rules are part of the culture ha ha ha....

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1792 on: October 07, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well said & that’s a fact

ballintoohard

« Reply #1793 on: October 07, 2018, 06:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Which did you like best?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1794 on: October 08, 2018, 08:00:06 AM »
street - classic slims 99a

tranny - conical full 101a

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1795 on: October 08, 2018, 08:44:36 AM »
After trying all shapes/sizes I think my favorite is 99 classics or 101 conical full depending on the terrain.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #1796 on: October 08, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »
i like conical full 99s, they're perfect for street and park
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Not Local

« Reply #1797 on: October 08, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
Classics wear down the best. I like the ratio of contact patch to height as they get smaller, so by the time a 58mm I use on tranny  is 54 its a great street wheel that almost looks like a radial at that point.

I've had 58 classics that I've worn down to under 50mm and loved them the whole journey.

Radials are my choice if I'm buying 54s up front.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1798 on: October 30, 2018, 02:58:00 PM »
Classic Fulls are back, thanks Grosso

http://www.spitfirewheels.com/

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1799 on: October 30, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There’s a dude at my park that just puts his wheels on without even bothering to look at them, so there will be like 3 wheels facing in and one facing out.  Fucking insanity.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.