Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 216371 times)

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
Someone post a wear test review ASAP, you just can't trust spitfire yet

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
I've been skating a set for a month or so now.
I think I saw someone mention that they're like Spitfires version of STFs. Whoever said that was wrong as hell. These feel nothing like STFs. STF's are real slick and slidey, as opposed to the F4's which lean more on the grippier side when compared to STFs. Don't get me wrong, they have some slide to them, but if you're buying a set thinking you're gonna get the same slideiness as a STF wheel, then you'll be disappointed. I'd say they feel somewhat close to a SF classic in terms of how they slide and grip, just a lot more durable than an SF classic. No flatspots or little chips out of the wheel yet, so I'd say they're holding up very well so far. I don't have a car so I skate everywhere, and there's some pretty rough asphalt here, so I usually wear down wheels pretty fast, and I've noticed that these have shrunken down a teeny bit, but barely at all, so I'd say they're wearing out a very good rate. Overall I'd say they're pretty damn good wheels.

If that's true then I'm really sold. Classics are some of the best feeling/riding wheels out there, I've not flatspotted a set in ages but they do wear down super fast. If the F4s are essentially durable classics, spits got a hit; there is a reason why most of the pros skate the classics.

Bliz

• Rep: -36
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Spitfires in the past so all I've chosen for the last two years are bones.  Tried going back to some F1's for a month and that got old extremely quick, but I hate how slippery bones are on certain terrains, really hoping these don't disappoint

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2013, 12:42:05 AM »
I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Spitfires in the past so all I've chosen for the last two years are bones.  Tried going back to some F1's for a month and that got old extremely quick, but I hate how slippery bones are on certain terrains, really hoping these don't disappoint

Sorry to be a dick but why did you kept supporting a product that you didn't like ? Any regular skate wheels feel the same as SF so why bother paying extra money for a different graphic ?

Bliz

• Rep: -36
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2013, 06:00:59 AM »

Sorry to be a dick but why did you kept supporting a product that you didn't like ? Any regular skate wheels feel the same as SF so why bother paying extra money for a different graphic ?

Thought to give them a chance after hearing multiple people come through the shop saying they liked them.  Bones are completely different from spits.

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
1 month of normal skating in.   still great and still have their shape.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »

Thought to give them a chance after hearing multiple people come through the shop saying they liked them.  Bones are completely different from spits.

I didn't try the F4s yet but so far IMO in the 101 grade you either like STF's or regular wheels... they all feel the same except for STF

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
Man, tick tock DLX, get these wheels to market already - if they're not out next week, I'm bucking up for some autobahns.

Brad Breath

• Rep: -5
« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
Darin says two weeks and they'll be in shops.  Plus I've seen pic recently of the wheels in their retail packaging.

So...

Two weeks
and get an old bum from the street to be the referee for one game, should be interesting

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »
Darin says two weeks and they'll be in shops.  Plus I've seen pic recently of the wheels in their retail packaging.

So...

Two weeks
nice, right at the end of summer when most young skaters are spending the majority of their time skating and not going back to school

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
I hope these things are worth the wait.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
I hope these things are worth the wait.

i love mine. been skating them for a couple months and they haven't flatspotted after lots of power slides which would normally flatspot my f1's.

also they havent discolored either, they are still at that light beige color, which i really am starting to like more than white

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
Any word on color wheels? I am bored of white wheels but really want to try out these new Spitfires!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »

So...

Two weeks

It's been 'a week or two' since what, May? heh.

Maybe the timing will be right and I'll be able to snag a new pair of Theeves and a set of F4s.

McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae

• Rep: 3
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
Are these wheels coming out at the end of August? Envying all the people have the hookups and say how great they are but I have never seen them for sale.

These and the "prototype" green bushings from Spitfire (or whatever name Deluxe will brand them under) are highly anticipated and have me chomping at the bit. It feels kinda feels stupid to be so excited about a set of wheels, but since skateboarding rarely has any technological updates, it is good to know that some new ideas can make a difference. I hate flat spots and I appreciate that DLX is trying to do better even though they already have such a strong team and sales. And skateboarders seem so jaded (or seriously tired of gimmicks) the fact that these Formula Fours are so well received is promising.

Not related to wheels, but as as a tech upgrade, the P2 decks seemed polarizing. Many love them, many more say (7-ply, keep it simple). The Real low pro seems less "controversial". But these wheels seem to treat everyone who has had a chance to skate them right. Not a gimmick, just an improvement. And that doesn't seem to happen that often in skateboarding.

Btw: anyone know the price point of the Formula Fours?

I hope it isn't some crazy $35-40 like those plan B pro-spec wheels. Anybody know what the deal with pro spec wheels? They has great commercials with the high speed camera. PJ Ladd grinding the bench is my favorite commercial clip of all time. That being said I never bought pro spec as they never mentioned any type of improvements outside of golf ball dimpling to keep them lighter than without. It seems as if the marketing people Syndrome chose the "more expensive = better" approach to get the new to activity, kids with pops credit card, sales when piecing together "the ultimate setup" from a CCS catalog. What I imagine would be a $99 Almost Uber Light, $120 Theeve Full titaniums, $100 Ceramic Swiss Bearings, pro spec wheels. To be skated for a month then parked in the garage until the next "cool thing" comes along.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »
Grabbed another set last weekend and they're great, I've been trying my hardest to flatspot them and it's next to impossible.

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
Quote from: McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae  link=topic=68020.msg1969095#msg1969095 date=1375652241
Btw: anyone know the price point of the Formula Fours?

Dude who runs my local was saying they'll be ordering and selling em at the same price as STFs. This is in the UK though so could be different elsewhere.

coneklr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • Who is neg repping me fuckers :)
Heaven

peewee

« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
yeah they've been on ccs for a while now and i really envy you all who got the hook up  :-\

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
they're still good. 

Timmy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
now available on ccs...
http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:205838/sku:65-06732/spitfire-formula-four-classic-wheels/blue/white/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=65-06734&size=54

Nope, all back ordered or sold out, try again :)
I can see that, I guess I should of worded it differently. There's more shipping tomorrow so might as well consider them available. I saw some sizes left and only posted this to show the price and that they were available online. :)

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2013, 06:04:58 AM »
are they selling them at the dlxsf store?

the_unknown_soldier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Saw somebody at the park yesterday with the same F4s as me. It felt like finding a rare Pokemon in the wild.

shred420

• Rep: -22
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
Saw somebody at the park yesterday with the same F4s as me. It felt like finding a rare Pokemon in the wild.

i see kids with f4s all the time out here

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
now available on ccs...
http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:205838/sku:65-06732/spitfire-formula-four-classic-wheels/blue/white/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=65-06734&size=54

I can see that, I guess I should have* worded it differently. There's more shipping tomorrow so might as well consider them available. I saw some sizes left and only posted this to show the price and that they were available online. :)
That's because CCS are a piece of shit company that will sell things that they don't have. They've had them listed for months now, and they change the ship date everyday for infinite tomorrows. This way, people go and say oh! they ship tomorrow! but in fact, CCS has no idea when they are actually getting them.
DLX told me they were going to be in shops in the "middle" of August, but I think they'd rather just not let people down with something that has been so hyped.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
Spanish ripper killing it for Spitfire

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:32 PM »
now available on ccs...

I can see that, I guess I should have* worded it differently. There's more shipping tomorrow so might as well consider them available. I saw some sizes left and only posted this to show the price and that they were available online. :)
That's because CCS are a piece of shit company that will sell things that they don't have. They've had them listed for months now, and they change the ship date everyday for infinite tomorrows. This way, people go and say oh! they ship tomorrow! but in fact, CCS has no idea when they are actually getting them.
DLX told me they were going to be in shops in the "middle" of August, but I think they'd rather just not let people down with something that has been so hyped.
Its not CCS it's the fact that Spitfire is a dumbass company that can't make enough good wheels to ship out. They are more expensive than STF ffs

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
Spanish ripper killing it for Spitfire

More important than F4s, what was that witchcraft at 1:53?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:30 AM »
I have a feeling that they are seriously overdoing it with the hype and building them up. Like I said earlier in my little review about them, I think they're good wheels, but I have a feeling that some people are going to be expecting some sort of miracle magic wheel and then be thoroughly disappointed when they find out that they're just normal wheels that just happen to be pretty good and a bit more durable than your average wheel.