Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689553 times)

PeanutGallery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »
^^ Ive wanted to try these out but had a feeling that may occur. Ive flatspotted my bones before but they somehow even themselves out...you think that'll happen with your fours or are they completely done?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
i back lipped an unwaxed ledge within minutes of setting them up and they didn't flatspot. also threw a powerslide around a corner at the skatepark, and kinda slid out, which i would normally expect a flatspot to occur from, and didn't get one. Sold on these bad boys so far.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »
cant wait to try those when they arrive in central europe in 2 or 3 years.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2013, 04:09:57 AM »

...and portugal in the next century!   :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

b.v.

« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:51 AM »
^^ Ive wanted to try these out but had a feeling that may occur. Ive flatspotted my bones before but they somehow even themselves out...you think that'll happen with your fours or are they completely done?
Plenty of testimonials from people in this topic who have ridden them for months and had no issues.
Then again any wheel can flatspot, but these resist them better than anything else I have skated in years.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #335 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:33 AM »
my friend uchi who rides for spitfire in Japan didn't really like them but i ordered a set to try out anyway (my local should get them sometime this week)... if i dont like them ill just give them to someone at the park and use the brand new set of autobahns sitting on my floor.

n8a

• Rep: 2
« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

Hopefully our distributor there will order sooner than that! Let your shops know there is a demand so they can pas the message along!

n8a

« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2013, 10:20:27 AM »
Ugh, been putting off buying wheels for these things, still none in the shop. 45 minutes from San Francisco and we can't get the wheels! I blame the rep.

The wheels are available to all of our accounts. If they don't order them we cant do much about that. Sorry man the emails and phone calls were made to all of our accounts on the same day and were made available to al shops on the same day. Also Atlas and Circle A are both amazing shops worth supporting. A trip into either is a good choice.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #339 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »
Throw your bones in the trash, these wheels are worth every penny.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
I really like the 101's. They slide like STFs but don't feel like shit.
The 99s are awesome too, but the 101's are exactly what I've been wanting in a wheel. Also, love the Tablet shape.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
The 99s are awesome too, but the 101's are exactly what I've been wanting in a wheel. Also, love the Tablet shape.

I wanted to try out the 101 Tablet shape - is it similar to a "lock in" shape, Firebert?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=68020.msg1979132#msg1979132 date=1376940196
Expand Quote

[close]

I wanted to try out the 101 Tablet shape - is it similar to a "lock in" shape, Firebert?
Yeah, similar the the bones v2 shape, flip sidecuts, etc.

peewee

« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
i got a little problem, my bearings are sliding out of the wheels. So im constantly checking and always having to push the bearings back in with my thumbs

is this happening to anyone else? hope im not the only one

McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae

« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
Eric, are they the tablet shaped formula fours?  I have heard Bones STF in v2 shape can do so as well, but has not yet happened to me so far.

I had the same problem with some 54mm wheels I got as a promo from Black Label named Revolution. Revolution Wheels. I think they were poured by creative and similar to momentum and autobahn. But the bearings on right rear would slip a bit and it would feel slower and bumpy. Like an almost flat spot. It was super annoying so I gave them away to some kids who just play skate. As they would stay in rolling straight. But any grinding or shifty slides would slip them up.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:33:54 PM by McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae »

peewee

« Reply #345 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »
no they are classic shape. And yeah i had some bones V2s a couple years ago that did the same thing

yeah i see what you mean, whenever i do a feeble most likely the bearing is sliding out

« Reply #346 on: August 19, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »
What always bothered them for me was when doing a "reverse edger grind" while rounding a corner of a bowl. But from on top. Similar to skating a sidewalk and slash grinding the edge. It also pops cores on soft wheels so I never do that anymore on store board setups. Have been liking the v2 and really liking the look of the tablet fours. Will be my next set of hard wheels. Finally they are on the market!!! I ride 8.5 with standard 149 Indies so weight savings a plus. But mainly for the lock in. The way they positively lock into SF smith in bowls is best feeling ever. Getting ready to learn back smiths. All I can do so far is turn into them and stall. Got to get the balls to throw it in with speed. 

n8a

« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »
i got a little problem, my bearings are sliding out of the wheels. So im constantly checking and always having to push the bearings back in with my thumbs

is this happening to anyone else? hope im not the only one

I believe our customer service department contacted you already but if not please shoot me an email to [email protected] and we will get that sorted out.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
Has anyone tried them in bowls? I need a new set of pool/bowl wheels, around 56mm.

Too bad he tablets max out at 53mm or I'd grab them in 56mm; are these built with ledge/rail in mind?

Spit, make a cored F4 wheel for pools ;)

« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »
The idea of a cored wheel in 56-58 with the formula four urethane I would buy too.  I know the super light marketing gets a lot of criticism, but it is nice to have best of both at parks. Weight doesn't really matter too much on big transitions. But for parks that have ledges and "street course" obstacles I can be a little more consistent on a lighter setup. Wheel weight seems to affect my ability maybe because it is further out and not centralized. So it can make a board feel heavier.

I have had setups with heavy trucks and light wheels. And light trucks with heavier wheels. With both weighing the same, the heavy wheeled board responds differently and the weight is felt. Not bad, just different. Maybe it is the center of gravity. Similar to the idea behind Low Pro decks, which some immediately like and others are indifferent to.

And 8.38/8.5 low pro with titanium hollow 149ers with the idea of formula four FireLites in 56-58mm would make for a legit all terrain board that does not respond like a super tanker. No gimmicks, just sound physics. I have many heavier setups which skate well. But am open to going lighter if gear is made by legit brands for legit reasons.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2013, 12:15:41 PM »
Quote from: McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae  link=topic=68020.msg1979851#msg1979851 date=1377021961
The idea of a cored wheel in 56-58 with the formula four urethane I would buy too.  I know the super light marketing gets a lot of criticism, but it is nice to have best of both at parks. Weight doesn't really matter too much on big transitions. But for parks that have ledges and "street course" obstacles I can be a little more consistent on a lighter setup. Wheel weight seems to affect my ability maybe because it is further out and not centralized. So it can make a board feel heavier.

I have had setups with heavy trucks and light wheels. And light trucks with heavier wheels. With both weighing the same, the heavy wheeled board responds differently and the weight is felt. Not bad, just different. Maybe it is the center of gravity. Similar to the idea behind Low Pro decks, which some immediately like and others are indifferent to.

And 8.38/8.5 low pro with titanium hollow 149ers with the idea of formula four FireLites in 56-58mm would make for a legit all terrain board that does not respond like a super tanker. No gimmicks, just sound physics. I have many heavier setups which skate well. But am open to going lighter if gear is made by legit brands for legit reasons.

You're actually right, it sounds physics, but there are too much parameters to be taken into account to think it will have an influence other than psychological on your skateboard.
Skating without your wallet or keys would rather have an higher impact on your skateboarding than those gimmicks.

That being said the strenght of the mind is considerable, so I can understand you feel a real difference.

ontheswarm

« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2013, 12:51:34 PM »
Really liking the wheels so far. No flat spots on anything that I would normally get flat spots on instantly. The 99s grip very well. Went to a local indoor park that I normally slide out very easy because everything is so waxed and the wood they use. They gripped amazing. Only complaint was doing a slappy crook on a curb and my inside wheel has some severe chipping and I just got them last Saturday. Anyone else have problems with chipping?

Dirty_Ratlips

• Rep: 0
« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
Im asking a friend who is flying to New York in two weeks to buy me a pair!
Because these wheels will go for like 70-90 dollars in Sweden.

Does anyone from there know any shops who has them yet?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »

These are all pretty good bets

beliefnyc.com
laborskateshop.com
kcdcskateshop.com
blades.com
supremenewyork.com

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
Seasonsskateshop.bigcartel.com will have them

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2013, 07:38:37 AM »

Hollywood in Gothenburg has them and they'll be up on the webshop next week, they're 499:-

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2013, 08:36:16 AM »
I've noticed prices all over the board for them. From $39.95 to $55.  What's the MSRP?

Some "skateshops"...ahem... are shady as fuck these days.

coneklr

« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »
I've noticed prices all over the board for them. From $39.95 to $55.  What's the MSRP?

Some "skateshops"...ahem... are shady as fuck these days.

Gonna say $35 as that is where most online places have them selling for as well as a couple shops close to me.  My new favorite semi local shop has them for $33 http://www.seasonsskateshop.bigcartel.com/category/wheels

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
i paid $35 at dlx.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »
It's been about two months since I've had a set, and I have to say they are holding up very well.
In my last review I said they shrunk down a bit skating them in the time I've had them, but after the first month or so they stopped shrinking, they've pretty much just stayed the same from that point on. It's pretty weird, but really awesome. They shrunk down a couple of millimeters the first month I skated them since I pretty much skate everywhere and the ground here ain't the smoothest, but then they pretty much just reached a certain point and stopped shrinking from there, and I still skate everywhere on the rough ass ground here. Like I said, it's pretty weird but also pretty damn awesome.