Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689315 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »
I actually had a set of Darkstar wheels years back and they were great.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »
so i've been riding f1's for the last 2 years and they work great. im really looking forward to trying the f4's.. i know the f1's are 101..how's the difference from f1's to the 101 f4's??
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

dillanharp

« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2013, 11:32:42 AM »
I was all excited after I set them up last Friday, I hauled ass out of my apartment complex, got 50 feet and hit a pebble and ate shit, hard.  Flatspot in literally 30 seconds.  I thought it might skate out, but no luck so far.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »
so i've been riding f1's for the last 2 years and they work great. im really looking forward to trying the f4's.. i know the f1's are 101..how's the difference from f1's to the 101 f4's??
night and day

foureyedjim

« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »
I was all excited after I set them up last Friday, I hauled ass out of my apartment complex, got 50 feet and hit a pebble and ate shit, hard.  Flatspot in literally 30 seconds.  I thought it might skate out, but no luck so far.

shit, well I hope my new 99s hold up,  the set I got pre-release have been fine since I've gotten them

Hit up dlx!

coneklr

« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »
Hooked up my set today!  Love them!  Obviously I only have a few hours on them but so far they're really good.  The spot I skate is really smooth but very grippy if that makes sense.  Your 180/360 tricks need to be fully turned, you will not slide out.  Anyway with these wheels they felt pretty much the same rolling around and shit but they were definitely more forgiving when you want to slide.  I'll check back in after a few more sessions and see if I change my mind.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2013, 04:37:24 PM »
It's funny, you know when you see web ads for say, spitfire classics, and of course they say, "they're the best wheels, don't flatspot, grip when you want and slide when you want" but in reality they're kind of shitty? For me these wheels actually are that wheel that every wheel says they are. I've been skating them for like two months and I'll probably never skate anything besides F4's after this.
damn those yarys bout those squats

b.v.

« Reply #397 on: August 29, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »
Post up A pic so we can see.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #398 on: August 29, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
I finally got a pair of STF's a few days ago, but i'm gonna get the 4's tomorrow for a different set up so i can see how they differ.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

dillanharp

« Reply #399 on: August 29, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #400 on: August 29, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
HAHAAHA SPITFIRE IS ALWAYS THE SAME SHIT

TheKraken

• Rep: -19
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2013, 08:17:39 PM »

Randozzi

« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
Verdict? Show me any wheel that can withstand a similar situation.
F4s stepped the game up a notch after 30 years of urethane wheels.

TheKraken

« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2013, 08:38:54 PM »
Those are brand new wheels, I'd be pissed. You coudn't flatspot stfs if you tried.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Those are brand new wheels, I'd be pissed. You coudn't flatspot stfs if you tried.
But he didn't flatspot his by trying. He hit a rock going fast which would've made a STF wheel flatspot too.
damn those yarys bout those squats

dillanharp

« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:20 PM »

I'm not mad at all though, the wheels are nice, even if they do sound like a helicopter right now. Like what he said above, that would have happened to ANY wheel. Just a bad luck.

TheKraken

« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
But he didn't flatspot his by trying. He hit a rock going fast which would've made a STF wheel flatspot too.
Ahh hitting a rock at high speeds the cause of flatspots since 2013

Are you serious?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »
pretty sure darkstar just has that because not enough people ride their wheels to prove them wrong.

hahaha
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
No wheel will ever be impossible to flatspot, I've flatspotted stf's the first day before... F4 is the truth

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Ahh hitting a rock at high speeds the cause of flatspots since 2013

Are you serious?

Have flatspotted STF the same way...

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
How to Defeat the Kraken in 5 Minutes
 •It’s recommended you unlock Stage 2 in Stage Select before attempting to unlock this achievement. This achievement can be unlocked on the “Easy” difficulty setting.
•In Leo’s campaign, the Kraken first appears with three tentacles and a giant mouth in it’s center. Avoid the mouth’s lunge, or the Kraken will swallow you whole, wasting time. For now, all you need to do is attack the glowing blue parts of the Kraken’s mouth or it’s tentacles.
•If you’re playing as Jack, the Kraken will appear far away, forcing you to throw chunks of debris at the monster from afar.
•Do enough damage, at the Kraken will charge the aircraft carrier. He’ll push the carrier onto it’s side, and attack while you’re on a small section of the ship.
 •This final part is where you can lose the most time. The Kraken will attempt to throw spinning missiles at you — if you want to defeat the creature in less than five minutes, you’ll need to catch each missile and throw it back at the Kraken while it charges up.
•Catching those missiles mid-air can take practice, but it’s the only tricky section of the fight. Catch the missiles with [Grab], then use [LT / L2] to aim, and [RT / R2] to throw the missile at the glowing blue eye.
•If you fail to catch the missiles, there’s no way to defeat the Kraken under the time limit. If you can master catching missiles, you should have no problem unlocking the achievement.
hardly art, hardly starving

n8a

• Rep: 2
« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »

Sorry that happened man. Please shoot an email to [email protected] and he will make sure to get you hooked up. 

dillanharp

« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry that happened man. Please shoot an email to [email protected] and he will make sure to get you hooked up. 

Thanks, he already reached out. Amazing customer service.

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #413 on: September 03, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
How do these do on rough asphalt? I've got some 98a Satoris that are quite good....all streets here are just rough and shit...

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #414 on: September 03, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »
Liking these wheels so far, can actually hold a powerslide sideways instead of spinning out like i did on other wheels,
only complaint and its an visual one, the full shape i thought would be as close too the squareish SFW shape which i love,
but it seems too have a rounder edge, apart from that, i can't fault them.

Christian Alexander

• Rep: 6
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #415 on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:40 PM »
Liking these wheels so far, can actually hold a powerslide sideways instead of spinning out like i did on other wheels,
only complaint and its an visual one, the full shape i thought would be as close too the squareish SFW shape which i love,

Stoked you're digging the wheels. We're working on more shapes/sizes for the future, the Manderson shape is definitely on the radar

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #416 on: September 04, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stoked you're digging the wheels. We're working on more shapes/sizes for the future, the Manderson shape is definitely on the radar

Hell yeah,  101 duro please

wheee!

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #417 on: September 05, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
naw 99^. if you make an sfw shaped F4 i dont think id buy any other wheel EVER. the full is pretty close tho and if they last longer ill just ride those

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #418 on: September 06, 2013, 02:54:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Awesome, you just made me a very happy man! ;D

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #419 on: September 06, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
i'm going to get me a set of these but i'm not exactly sure which ones i should buy. i'm interested on how they perform for powerslides, lipslides on ledges/curbs and hill-bombing. i mainly skate street. not much of a park rat.

are the 101s too slick? should i go with the 99s/classic shape?