Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217096 times)

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #450 on: September 16, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
^^ oh no bro! this is just like the time I thought my trucks weighed 42.453 grams and not 43.476 grams.? 

Hey, was just letting you know so you didn't judge the difference between 2 completely different shaped wheels.

yeah, i know.

it's just the use of the term "bro" makes me reflect on bad past experiences

was just going to bring up the B.A.K.U. wheels.  I had/have a couple sets of those...

hardly art, hardly starving

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape
« Reply #451 on: September 16, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »
What's the longest anyone on here has skated a set of these? I'm going on two and a half months and they still skate like they're brand new (in a good way)
damn those yarys bout those squats

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -285
« Reply #452 on: September 16, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
had mine for just under 18 months, still in mint condition
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

b.v.

« Reply #453 on: September 16, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
I rode a set fpr 2 months and passed them to a friend who is still skating them.
He said they never flatted and refuses to give them up.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #454 on: September 19, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »
just set up the 55 fulls and did a few powerslides and the feel is awesome! mad control, cant wait for them to wear down a bit tho cus 55 is kinda big. have any of ur guys' shrunk down or do they really stay the same throughout...

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #455 on: September 19, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
set up the 53mm 101a tablets and skated the local park a bit.  at first blush, all that has been said is true...slide when you want, grip when you want.  don't feel a ton different than the 101a PFCs I've had in the past, other than the sliding is a little more "on demand."  i do like the "feel" of them more than Bones... but lets see how they do with time (which based on everyones' comments so far, will be good). 
hardly art, hardly starving

KMAC

« Reply #456 on: September 23, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
these wheels are fucking great, same spitfire feel with an even more controlled slide. someone should let me know some details on the shrinkage tho

sweat stains

• slap sux
    • Shady Griptape
« Reply #457 on: September 23, 2013, 06:44:43 PM »
these wheels are fucking great, same spitfire feel with an even more controlled slide. someone should let me know some details on the shrinkage tho
Just checked mine out right now, they started off as 53mm, and two and a half months later they're just barely smaller than a set of new 52s I had laying around.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #458 on: September 23, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Just checked mine out right now, they started off as 53mm, and two and a half months later they're just barely smaller than a set of new 52s I had laying around.

I got mine as 53's. About a month into skating they had shrunken down to the size of 51's (I dont have a car so I skate everywhere, and the ground here can be pretty rough sometimes, so them shrinking down fast was kind of expected), but then after that they've pretty much stayed in that 51 size range ever since. It's been almost three months of having them now, I still skate everywhere on the rough grounds, but they're still the same size, around 51mm. Pretty weird, it's almost like after they reached a certain point of shrinking they just stopped shrinking, I can dig it though.
So far they're still great wheels. Only complaint is that on two of the wheels there are teeny chunks missing on the sides, but other than that I got no real complaints, they're still treating me well.

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
« Reply #459 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »
What's the longest anyone on here has skated a set of these? I'm going on two and a half months and they still skate like they're brand new (in a good way)

had mine since the first week of july.  same here.  it's amazing.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »
I thought i had flatspotted mine today, but upon closer inspection it was just some asshole kid's gum he had spit on the ground at the skatepark.

KMAC

« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
tight so 55 was a good choice. hopefully they just hit 53 and stay there so ill never have to buy wheels haha

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #462 on: September 24, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
had high expectations due to all the hype here. they are even better than that.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

one80

• Rep: 2
« Reply #463 on: September 24, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »
just bought a pair of the 52s. skated nothin' but bones STFs for the past 6 years, stoked to try em out tomorrow!

KMAC

« Reply #464 on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:50 AM »
had high expectations due to all the hype here. they are even better than that.

forreal, im usually a skeptic for "tech" shit, but the f4 is definitely my wheel of choice from now on

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #465 on: September 28, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
Just bought a set of 53/99 in classic shape, but I just can't quit my Autobahn ABX.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
skated my 54mm 101 classics in a Masonite bowl yesterday and was a little nervous...they actually gripped pretty well.  Good work spitfire!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • Dopeness
« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
I flatspotted mine bombing a hill just doing a couple of quick slides, bummer, the early team edition ones i got last summer lasted me forever! oh, I mean four-ever

sweat stains

• slap sux
    • Shady Griptape
« Reply #468 on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Just took mine off after skating them for 3 months, my only complaint is how shitty they look after this long. Overall though they were the best wheel I've ever skated. These weren't the final for sale version so maybe the appearance is better in the final version.

By the way these wheels started at 53 and the new wheels I put on are 52 so that gives you a little size comparison.

b.v.

« Reply #469 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »
Just to clarify, you're complaining about how shitty your wheels look after skating them for 3 months?
And how should wheels look after being skated for that long?

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2013, 08:18:32 AM »
been skating the Bones V2 shape over the years, so decided to try out the F4 Tablets...

havent set them up yet, but here's a visual comparison of a Bones STF 54mm V2 to a Spit F4 101a 53mm Tablet

Sorry bro, that's not a Bones V2 wheel. That's the Rat Bones II shape, the same as all the SPF bowl wheels. They come in 54x31, 56x32, 58x33 and 60x43...you have the 54 SPF's in that shape. They do also make this shape in STF, but only on the Skatopia wheel.
The Bones V2 is thinner width wise, and is completely flat on both sides, no cut in for weight like on your wheels, and less round on the lip. They look just like those Spitfire tablets. Sorry dude, whoever told you they that you had V2's was confused.

do you work for powell?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »
you don't need to work for powell to see that's not a v2 shape. all the sizing info is on their website.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

sweat stains

• slap sux
    • Shady Griptape
« Reply #472 on: October 02, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »
Just to clarify, you're complaining about how shitty your wheels look after skating them for 3 months?
And how should wheels look after being skated for that long?
I'm just saying that that's the only thing wrong with the wheel. Didn't expect it to look good by this time, I'm just pointing it out.

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »
I love mine so much.  I have the 53mm 99d full shape.  They slide really easily but they aren't slippery.  I bust hella power slides cause my area is full of hills.  No flatspots, haven't gotten smaller yet.  They are much lighter and slimmer than my SFW.  Im sticking with these for sure.  I already loved spitfire.  These wheels just seal the deal though
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:39:43 PM by Slappy_Happy »
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #474 on: October 02, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »
Still tryna hold out for that next batch of PFCs...it's getting hard though.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #475 on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
I bought some 53mm 99duro classic shape earlier. I'm excited to check them out. I'll update later in the thread.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »
Still tryna hold out for that next batch of PFCs...it's getting hard though.
just give it up homie, F4s are better. if PFC ever puts some new shit out and your strapped for cash then you can pick some up. but i can honestly say im pretty sure you wont be disappointed in F4s.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: October 02, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »
I skated a curb spot with rough asphalt ground for an hour or so earlier. At first glance, they slide really well and it's a really controllable slide - I went out of my way to do more powerslides than normal. I swear by 'classics' and have rarely had problems with flat spots. I'll have to try the F4's on a smooth concrete surface tomorrow to see if they 'grip' differently. 

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #478 on: October 03, 2013, 05:48:12 AM »
i flat spotted mine last weekend... i thought the flat spot mended itself but today i noticed its still there... i still think they are better than bones though

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
It was dry today so a friend and I went to an outdoor park. I remember it being really slick. I thought the wheels gripped really well and slid when necessary. I like them so far.