Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689295 times)

KMAC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #450 on: September 24, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
tight so 55 was a good choice. hopefully they just hit 53 and stay there so ill never have to buy wheels haha

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #451 on: September 24, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
had high expectations due to all the hype here. they are even better than that.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »
just bought a pair of the 52s. skated nothin' but bones STFs for the past 6 years, stoked to try em out tomorrow!

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #453 on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:50 AM »
had high expectations due to all the hype here. they are even better than that.

forreal, im usually a skeptic for "tech" shit, but the f4 is definitely my wheel of choice from now on

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #454 on: September 28, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
Just bought a set of 53/99 in classic shape, but I just can't quit my Autobahn ABX.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
skated my 54mm 101 classics in a Masonite bowl yesterday and was a little nervous...they actually gripped pretty well.  Good work spitfire!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
I flatspotted mine bombing a hill just doing a couple of quick slides, bummer, the early team edition ones i got last summer lasted me forever! oh, I mean four-ever

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #457 on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Just took mine off after skating them for 3 months, my only complaint is how shitty they look after this long. Overall though they were the best wheel I've ever skated. These weren't the final for sale version so maybe the appearance is better in the final version.

By the way these wheels started at 53 and the new wheels I put on are 52 so that gives you a little size comparison.
damn those yarys bout those squats

b.v.

« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »
Just to clarify, you're complaining about how shitty your wheels look after skating them for 3 months?
And how should wheels look after being skated for that long?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #459 on: October 02, 2013, 08:18:32 AM »
Expand Quote
been skating the Bones V2 shape over the years, so decided to try out the F4 Tablets...

havent set them up yet, but here's a visual comparison of a Bones STF 54mm V2 to a Spit F4 101a 53mm Tablet

[close]

Sorry bro, that's not a Bones V2 wheel. That's the Rat Bones II shape, the same as all the SPF bowl wheels. They come in 54x31, 56x32, 58x33 and 60x43...you have the 54 SPF's in that shape. They do also make this shape in STF, but only on the Skatopia wheel.
The Bones V2 is thinner width wise, and is completely flat on both sides, no cut in for weight like on your wheels, and less round on the lip. They look just like those Spitfire tablets. Sorry dude, whoever told you they that you had V2's was confused.

do you work for powell?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #460 on: October 02, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »
you don't need to work for powell to see that's not a v2 shape. all the sizing info is on their website.

sweat stains

• slap sux
« Reply #461 on: October 02, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »
Just to clarify, you're complaining about how shitty your wheels look after skating them for 3 months?
And how should wheels look after being skated for that long?
I'm just saying that that's the only thing wrong with the wheel. Didn't expect it to look good by this time, I'm just pointing it out.

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #462 on: October 02, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »
I love mine so much.  I have the 53mm 99d full shape.  They slide really easily but they aren't slippery.  I bust hella power slides cause my area is full of hills.  No flatspots, haven't gotten smaller yet.  They are much lighter and slimmer than my SFW.  Im sticking with these for sure.  I already loved spitfire.  These wheels just seal the deal though
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:39:43 PM by Slappy_Happy »
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

Young Satchel

« Reply #463 on: October 02, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »
Still tryna hold out for that next batch of PFCs...it's getting hard though.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
I bought some 53mm 99duro classic shape earlier. I'm excited to check them out. I'll update later in the thread.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #465 on: October 02, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »
just give it up homie, F4s are better. if PFC ever puts some new shit out and your strapped for cash then you can pick some up. but i can honestly say im pretty sure you wont be disappointed in F4s.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #466 on: October 02, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »
I skated a curb spot with rough asphalt ground for an hour or so earlier. At first glance, they slide really well and it's a really controllable slide - I went out of my way to do more powerslides than normal. I swear by 'classics' and have rarely had problems with flat spots. I'll have to try the F4's on a smooth concrete surface tomorrow to see if they 'grip' differently. 

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #467 on: October 03, 2013, 05:48:12 AM »
i flat spotted mine last weekend... i thought the flat spot mended itself but today i noticed its still there... i still think they are better than bones though

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #468 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
It was dry today so a friend and I went to an outdoor park. I remember it being really slick. I thought the wheels gripped really well and slid when necessary. I like them so far.

sweat stains

• slap sux
« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2013, 06:23:06 PM »

Stoked on these. Set up some Streetburners before I put these on, skated them for a day and they felt so bad in comparison that I had to set these up. I prefer the 101 F4s that I had before this though.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #470 on: October 11, 2013, 12:44:43 AM »
The 99's are great on indoor parks and the 101's are really nice on street.

The F4 99's are one of the best indoor ramp and bowl type grippy wheels I've ridden, while not being too grippy, but not slick at all.
I've ridden em all on the indoor ramps and bowls and I really think the F4 99's hit the nail on the head for a great indoor wheel.

The 101's were too slick for a dusty bowl. They need to broken in more on street first then I'll try again.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:46:18 AM by JBones »

Young Satchel

« Reply #471 on: October 12, 2013, 06:00:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just give it up homie, F4s are better. if PFC ever puts some new shit out and your strapped for cash then you can pick some up. but i can honestly say im pretty sure you wont be disappointed in F4s.

Responded to this with a post on my phone but it wouldnt let me submit it.  Suffice to say I imagine that the F4s probably are a bit better, but I enjoy supporting smaller companies whose ideals and direction appeal to me and are inline with my own.  I'm sure I'll get some F4s down the line (skating some old-ass Classics now) but my next set gonna be PFCs.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #472 on: October 12, 2013, 06:57:05 AM »
I rode a friend's board with bones on it yesterday just for a few minutes and all I have to say is that it felt awful

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #473 on: October 12, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »
53 99a full formula fours are seriously the best wheel out there and worth every penny.  They ride great on shitty east coast terrain.

Niko Katavainen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2013, 01:10:21 PM »
I love mine so much.  I have the 53mm 99d full shape.  They slide really easily but they aren't slippery.  I bust hella power slides cause my area is full of hills.  No flatspots, haven't gotten smaller yet.  They are much lighter and slimmer than my SFW .  Im sticking with these for sure.  I already loved spitfire.  These wheels just seal the deal though

If you want a slim wheel why would you buy SFWs in the first place?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #475 on: October 17, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »
My knee has been hurt for almost a month now, so I'm estimating i've skating my 4's for around 15 hours. Today I noticed that they are starting to feel a little soft and slow (with super reds). I pulled out my other setup which has STF's (with mini logo bearings) that I only skated for about 2 or 3 hours, they felt harder and faster. So for whatever it's worth, after about 6-7 sessions with Formula fours they are starting to feel worn down. I normally skate the same wheels for a couple months.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SK8houses

• Rep: -2
« Reply #476 on: October 17, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
were the supereds brand new? iv been skating my 99d f4s for over a month on all skate able surfaces, they feel the same as the fist day i got them......hope that knee heals up well!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #477 on: October 17, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »
Thanks, yeah the super reds were new ((minilogos are actually a few months older), mine are the 101d. If i just spin the wheels with the board in my hand they spin fast and long, so i def think it's the wheels and not the bearings.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #478 on: October 19, 2013, 03:00:01 PM »
Thanks, yeah the super reds were new ((minilogos are actually a few months older), mine are the 101d. If i just spin the wheels with the board in my hand they spin fast and long, so i def think it's the wheels and not the bearings.

Yeah, it's the wheels. For sure.  ::)

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, it's the wheels. For sure.  ::)

hahahaha damn b