Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689411 times)

Probably A Robot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #540 on: December 23, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »
So I noticed today that one of my wheels is starting to cone but not the other three. Weird, because I've never just had one do it on its own.
Which wheel is it? A lot of the time my rear wheel on the toe side cones from leaning on it too much during powerslides.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

Stone2g

• Rep: -6
« Reply #541 on: December 26, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
This happened to my 51mm classic 101d wheel today. Not really sure how, as I was only skating an indoor park. Think it's worth having DLX check it out for a defect? Only been skating them for a couple weeks.

Might just have to sack up and buy a new set.

foureyedjim

« Reply #542 on: December 26, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
deluxe will definitely hook you up with a new set.  shoot them an email.

Flat_Spot

• Rep: -3
« Reply #543 on: December 26, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »
This happened to my 51mm classic 101d wheel today. Not really sure how, as I was only skating an indoor park. Think it's worth having DLX check it out for a defect? Only been skating them for a couple weeks.

I definitely would, a guy who works at deluxe posts here, willing to bet he'll see this and send you a new set. deluxe has the best customer service ever

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #544 on: December 27, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
i got some satori pricepoint wheels, cost $20, really good. you guys should save your money and stop buying this spitfire bullshit.

and yes, i've skated bones, these formula 4's, i've skated every wheel man, they're all too similar to justify the $$$
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Stone2g

« Reply #545 on: December 27, 2013, 01:06:19 PM »
DLX PMed me and handled it. These dudes are the shit and I will never skate another wheel.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #546 on: December 27, 2013, 01:26:53 PM »
DLX PMed me and handled it. These dudes are the shit and I will never skate another wheel.

It's exactly how I feel about the dudes that run Autobahn. Killer wheels and unbelievable customer service and backing of their product. I will never skate another wheel.

If anyone is interested in trying F4s, I have a brand new set in the shrink...99/54 in classic shape that I'd sell for $24 shipped to anywhere in the states. I'm pretty sure I paid $38. I bought them while on a skate trip from a local shop in a town we were skating to have as a backup set but I never had to use them. I have so many sets of wheels in front of them I'm most likely never going to use them.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #547 on: December 27, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's exactly how I feel about the dudes that run Autobahn. Killer wheels and unbelievable customer service and backing of their product. I will never skate another wheel.

If anyone is interested in trying F4s, I have a brand new set in the shrink...99/54 in classic shape that I'd sell for $24 shipped to anywhere in the states. I'm pretty sure I paid $38. I bought them while on a skate trip from a local shop in a town we were skating to have as a backup set but I never had to use them. I have so many sets of wheels in front of them I'm most likely never going to use them.

pm'd you.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2013, 10:24:39 AM »

pm me your address!
that is definitely a rare defect.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »
My wheels got really fucking flatspotted yesterday. It's a bummer.  :-\
They were good while they lasted.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

JAesop

« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »
Defect called catching a screw head.  :)

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #551 on: December 31, 2013, 02:17:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

pm me your address!
rare defect???? this shit happens all the time at indoor/skatelite parks. the metal flashing at the bottom of banks or quarter pipe slice the wheels bro. It has nothing to do with the wheel.

just skate threw it and stop looking for a hand out

Stone2g

« Reply #552 on: December 31, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

pm me your address!
[close]
rare defect???? this shit happens all the time at indoor/skatelite parks. the metal flashing at the bottom of banks or quarter pipe slice the wheels bro. It has nothing to do with the wheel.

Well I don't really skate indoor parks all that much but, yeah, seems like I may have caught a screwhead.

No one is looking for a handout, you broke faggot. I just have never had this happen to me, or seen it. I was just curious since they were F4s.

Also, I'll make sure to skate THROUGH it, you dumb fuck.

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #553 on: December 31, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »

JAesop

« Reply #554 on: December 31, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
Glad DLX hooked you up...good customer service.

dask8d00d

« Reply #555 on: December 31, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »

Well I don't really skate indoor parks all that much but, yeah, seems like I may have caught a screwhead.

No one is looking for a handout, you broke faggot. I just have never had this happen to me, or seen it. I was just curious since they were F4s.

Stone2g

« Reply #556 on: December 31, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I ain't even mad tho

Noid

• Rep: 5
« Reply #557 on: January 01, 2014, 12:41:31 AM »
Did you boil the water? Get that water as humanly hot as possible and with black dye just use the whole packet in only about a half gallon of water. Let sit for at least a day or 2. Bones STF's took 4 days and it was still faint. Nav's dyes Spitfire Classics over the course of a month. So be patient. It ain't gunna be a quick thing.
The softer the wheel, the better it will dye, the harder the more dense it is and harder to get color into the urethane.
I've dyed a bunch of sets and the wheels that took the best dye job were 97a Powell wheels. They were perfectly a bright blue in a day.
Harder wheels you need more time, and more dye. In the end it's a pain, but it can be done.
Good luck dude and be patient!

sorry for taking so long to reply. I forgot I posted in this thread. Anyways, I brought the water to a boil, added half the dye and brought the stove down to a medium high, just barley under boiling.

I just ordered another pair off the 99 classics and want to dye them with the "lemon" colored liquid dye. Do you think the dye is dark enough to get a solid color on the pearly spits?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #558 on: January 01, 2014, 12:53:17 AM »
Finally swapped mine out after four months, longest time ive had a pair of wheels, loved these, hopefully they bring out the manderson shape in these and i'll be set for life

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #559 on: January 01, 2014, 01:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

pm me your address!
[close]

[close]

new boards 3 sets of wheels and a pair of fallens that don't come out till spring 14.. Whose the broke fuck

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #560 on: January 01, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »
not you, im sure someone gave you a hefty sum to take those hideous shoes off their hands

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #561 on: January 01, 2014, 01:35:41 AM »
not you, im sure someone gave you a hefty sum to take those hideous shoes off their hands
ROLL TIDE

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #562 on: January 01, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Did you boil the water? Get that water as humanly hot as possible and with black dye just use the whole packet in only about a half gallon of water. Let sit for at least a day or 2. Bones STF's took 4 days and it was still faint. Nav's dyes Spitfire Classics over the course of a month. So be patient. It ain't gunna be a quick thing.
The softer the wheel, the better it will dye, the harder the more dense it is and harder to get color into the urethane.
I've dyed a bunch of sets and the wheels that took the best dye job were 97a Powell wheels. They were perfectly a bright blue in a day.
Harder wheels you need more time, and more dye. In the end it's a pain, but it can be done.
Good luck dude and be patient!
[close]

sorry for taking so long to reply. I forgot I posted in this thread. Anyways, I brought the water to a boil, added half the dye and brought the stove down to a medium high, just barley under boiling.

I just ordered another pair off the 99 classics and want to dye them with the "lemon" colored liquid dye. Do you think the dye is dark enough to get a solid color on the pearly spits?
Hey man, yeah, the yellow will work. My buddy did a set with the yellow and they came out actually pretty good.

The whiter the wheel, the better the dye takes. Softer the wheel, the easier and deeper in the dye takes.

Noid

• Rep: 5
« Reply #563 on: January 01, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
^those look sick, thanks for the reply

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #564 on: January 01, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

pm me your address!
[close]

[close]

[close]

new boards 3 sets of wheels and a pair of fallens that don't come out till spring 14.. Whose the broke fuck

SO RICH

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #565 on: January 01, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

pm me your address!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

SO RICH
don't hate

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #566 on: January 01, 2014, 03:08:15 PM »

I found these too last longer then the new batch of F4

silkyjohnson

« Reply #567 on: January 01, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
You remind of this hypebeast in my psychology class who is always Bragging how much his jeans cost. 

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #568 on: January 01, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »
You remind of this hypebeast in my psychology class who is always Bragging how much his jeans cost. 

and isn't ALABAMAMAN friends with sponsored skaters? i'm pretty sure i've heard him talk about letting pros/ams stay at his place.

this dude gets product kicked-down by homies and is trying to stunt on slap like he's got paper.

hey BAMAMAN, post pics of your whip and bitch too!

shut them haters down, brah.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #569 on: January 01, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
Got a flatspot today. I'm on my second set and they both lasted me more than three months. Best wheels out there.
damn those yarys bout those squats