Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217814 times)

KMAC

• Rep: -10
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #600 on: January 05, 2014, 09:28:40 AM »
I ended using evening blue rather than yellow, I am really happy with how they turned out.

fixed

damn ngl i hate colored wheels but those look sick

JBones

• Rep: -90
« Reply #601 on: January 05, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »
I ended using evening blue rather than yellow, I am really happy with how they turned out.

fixed

Nice man!

The last color I dyed was using Rit Aqua-marine liquid dye. Left wheels in for 4 days. It came out the brightest royal blue of all the wheels I've ever done. The wheels were 97a Powells though, so they took dye really well. I can see how the off white color of the F4's would sorta augment the color you'd be dying.
Nice job bro!  :)

Noid

• Rep: 5
« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2014, 10:16:09 PM »

fixed

Nice man!

The last color I dyed was using Rit Aqua-marine liquid dye. Left wheels in for 4 days. It came out the brightest royal blue of all the wheels I've ever done. The wheels were 97a Powells though, so they took dye really well. I can see how the off white color of the F4's would sorta augment the color you'd be dying.

Thanks, I took your advice and kept the water as hot as I could, so it only took about an hour or so. And when I took them out they were so soft they bounced like super balls haha

JBones

« Reply #603 on: January 07, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »

fixed

Nice man!

Thanks, I took your advice and kept the water as hot as I could, so it only took about an hour or so. And when I took them out they were so soft they bounced like super balls haha

Haha, you should see what it's like dying Bones STF and SPF's! REBOUND gone wild after boiling i'm sure...never tried to bounce them as I let them sit in the dye for days after that that boiling point.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #604 on: January 07, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »
i finally got round to buying a set. 51mm Full Shape 98A Durometer. they were really cheap and in the full shape which is quite hard to find, i can't wait to see what they're like. just hope the fucking ground dries up sometime soon!

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #605 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »
i finally got round to buying a set. 51mm Full Shape 98A Durometer. they were really cheap and in the full shape which is quite hard to find, i can't wait to see what they're like. just hope the fucking ground dries up sometime soon!

I wanna find the 98a's in 54 MM and full shape - but it's hard to find. Even the normal sites I check online don't have any stock.

Anyone know of a site?

KMAC

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #607 on: January 10, 2014, 01:39:48 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=68020.msg2067708#msg2067708 date=1389372896

I wanna find the 98a's in 54 MM and full shape - but it's hard to find. Even the normal sites I check online don't have any stock.

Anyone know of a site?

I don't think they made the full shape in 54 this time around, it was 51,53,55 I believe

b.v.

« Reply #608 on: January 10, 2014, 10:03:45 PM »
Correct, and theyre technically 99a.

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
« Reply #609 on: January 10, 2014, 11:29:16 PM »
skimming through a few pages i noticed a few things

f4 aren't total flatspot garbage
there aren't any colors
they are packed horizontally

23 pages... yea so is this the holy grail of skateboard wheels? fucks sake

GY

• Rep: -1
« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2014, 07:00:22 AM »
Pretty bummed, mine got chipped up after a few days and I thought nothing of it, now they are just getting worse and sounding mad flat spotted.

KMAC

« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »
Pretty bummed, mine got chipped up after a few days and I thought nothing of it, now they are just getting worse and sounding mad flat spotted.

contact dlx man, they may hook u up.

i gotta say i just set up the 101's after some bones 100's i got and im feeling em. wheels are wheels, but if they manage not to flatspot, ill be skating em forever

GY

• Rep: -1
« Reply #612 on: January 16, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »

i gotta say i just set up the 101's after some bones 100's i got and im feeling em. wheels are wheels, but if they manage not to flatspot, ill be skating em forever

Turns out they did hook me up, Shiner sent these today. Cheers Lenny!

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 73
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #613 on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:35 AM »

Turns out they did hook me up, Shiner sent these today. Cheers Lenny!

Happy to help!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #614 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »

Anyone seen these yet?

soccer mom

« Reply #615 on: January 19, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
not yet...

Terry

• Rep: 3
« Reply #616 on: January 19, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
Got the 51mm 101 duro's best wheels I've ever had but as someone else said mine did get some chips out of them pretty quickly and some weird cuts on the inside, guess just from grinding square coping or something.

b.v.

« Reply #617 on: January 19, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »

Anyone seen these yet?
Ha, my instagram pic! The colored ones look good. Setting some up this week.
Got the scoop about full shape f4's and manderson shape, they are cutting new molds now, something was causing problems with the old ones.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #618 on: January 19, 2014, 05:30:50 PM »
If they make colored 99s in the wider shapes by feb, I might have to buy my first set of colored (non-cruiser) wheels ever.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Flat_Spot

• Rep: -3
« Reply #619 on: January 19, 2014, 05:40:16 PM »
those colored ones look sick, definitely getting some. I tried RIT dying some orange yesterday and let them sit overnight, just made them looked like old yellowed wheels but I've had them since october so not too bummed.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #620 on: January 19, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »

Anyone seen these yet?
Ha, my instagram pic! The colored ones look good. Setting some up this week.
Got the scoop about full shape f4's and manderson shape, they are cutting new molds now, something was causing problems with the old ones.

I was hoping you'd see that, haha, can't wait for these manderson f4s, going back to the classic ones don't feel as good as they used too

JBones

« Reply #621 on: January 19, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »
those colored ones look sick, definitely getting some. I tried RIT dying some orange yesterday and let them sit overnight, just made them looked like old yellowed wheels but I've had them since october so not too bummed.

Use a heck of alot more dye to the amount of water ratio, and make sure it's boiling hot.
Let them soak 2-3 days minimum, they'd get alot darker...and more "orange".

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2014, 06:30:38 AM »
skated some F4 54 99a for the first time on insanely dusty ramps, worked better than anything I've else I've tried. 
hardly art, hardly starving

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • Die Slow
« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »
Just bought a pair of 54mm 99a the other day and I love them.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Frank

• Rep: 51
« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2014, 01:27:02 PM »

Use a heck of alot more dye to the amount of water ratio, and make sure it's boiling hot.

would it work with a similar dye like rit? i have some blank wheels on deck i'd try to dye and i have a small pack of random cloth dye left...
guess i'll just try it out and maybe throw a white-t in there, too.

JBones

« Reply #625 on: January 20, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »

would it work with a similar dye like rit? i have some blank wheels on deck i'd try to dye and i have a small pack of random cloth dye left...
guess i'll just try it out and maybe throw a white-t in there, too.
For some really weird reason only Rit works. it's really weird. Dylon and Tulip dyes, which are in the class of Rit did absolutely nothing when I tried them both. Really weird, but only Rit works. The liquid Rit actually works best because it's concentrated, but the powder Rit works just as good if you can't find the liquid.

Frank

« Reply #626 on: January 21, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
^

ok, thanks j bones! think i'm gonna do it vice versa, dye a shirt, throw some wheels in there for a surprise. probably have to order some rit then at amazon...

JBones

« Reply #627 on: January 21, 2014, 01:25:11 PM »
You can get a few basic colors of Rit dye at Walmart and Target, but Jo-Ann Fabrics usually has the most colors Rit makes.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -189
« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »

^ and most groceries have some around the laundry detergent. or if you go on ebay you can find every color for about 3.50 with free shipping

Frank

« Reply #629 on: January 22, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
thanks pals! i live in germany though. as far as i've seen, amazon seems to be the easiest way to get a hold of og rit dye. costs from 4-5 euros a pack so it's not even more expensive than common dye over here.