Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 684060 times)

sweat stains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #660 on: March 07, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
Been skating the 99s I'm on now for 6 months, and they look like shit, have chips out of them, and are super small but still skate like they're brand new. Best wheels ever.
damn those yarys bout those squats

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #661 on: March 08, 2014, 02:05:14 AM »
funny how some of you on here skated both prefer the 99s.. had the 99s for 3 months.. set up the 101s for about a month and put my old 99s back on. yeah the 99s are a good all around wheel in my experience.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

micky682

« Reply #662 on: March 08, 2014, 06:46:03 AM »
Does Spitfire make Formula 4s in the SFW shape?

b.v.

« Reply #663 on: March 08, 2014, 08:02:35 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=68020.msg2096666#msg2096666 date=1393264457
Expand Quote
Are they not going to make the f4's in Full or Tablet shapes anymore - didn't see these styles in the new teal/orange, only classic shape.
[close]
See below
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bumping this, anyone know when full shape or SFW formula fours will be around, got a set left but don't wanna burn through them if it'll be a while until new ones are around
[close]

Taking longer than expected.
No definite date.

sorry dudes.
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
Read above mickey.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #664 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:52 AM »
I think I got some defective ones. Got the 101's for Christmas and have only skated an indoor park once or twice a week for the past month and a big chunk just came outta them last night. My previous ones ran me from April to this winter, and even then they still had life left.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #665 on: March 08, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
they're working on it. i loved the feel of the sfw, but they didn't hold up well for me. def going to be the next set i buy

jonnysheen

• Rep: -62
« Reply #666 on: March 08, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »
flatspotted , i've just flatspotted them  >:(

silkyjohnson

« Reply #667 on: March 08, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »
flatspotted , i've just flatspotted them  >:(

Skate through it, it'll even out

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #668 on: March 09, 2014, 10:50:15 AM »
99's arrived on Friday, thanks Lenny!
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #669 on: March 14, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »
Open question, i never skated the street burners when they came out, found a set of SFW streetburners, how do they go comparable too the F4?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #670 on: March 15, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »

time to change your screen name.

Spitfire4life

« Reply #671 on: March 17, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

time to change your screen name.
Been trying. How do you do it?

Randozzi

« Reply #672 on: March 18, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
Changed it for you.

Spitfire4life

« Reply #673 on: March 18, 2014, 09:18:38 PM »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2014, 12:11:59 AM »
cant wait to see what happens when you try bones bushings.

bonesbushings4lyfe.

rizerpadz4lyfe.

FILA4life.

foureyedjim

« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2014, 12:15:42 AM »
Open question, i never skated the street burners when they came out, found a set of SFW streetburners, how do they go comparable too the F4?

When I first learned how to powerslide it was when the F1's came out.  They flatspotted really easily so I switched to bones.  I'm guessing the formula for F1's has changed over the years but if it's anything close to what they were before, I wouldn't bother.  Plus, they're coming out with SFW F4's anyways, I would just wait

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I first learned how to powerslide it was when the F1's came out.  They flatspotted really easily so I switched to bones.  I'm guessing the formula for F1's has changed over the years but if it's anything close to what they were before, I wouldn't bother.  Plus, they're coming out with SFW F4's anyways, I would just wait

Thanks man, i figured id try a set anyway, if they're shitty its no big loss, still going nuts waiting for these F4s though.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #677 on: March 21, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »
Been skating the 99's for the winter, mostly indoors. I flatspotted them and took a big chip outta one last weekend. Whats the conditions in which you should contact DLX? The flatspot isnt one of those roll-out flattys, its pretty squared off.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #678 on: March 21, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
Been skating the 99's for the winter, mostly indoors. I flatspotted them and took a big chip outta one last weekend. Whats the conditions in which you should contact DLX? The flatspot isnt one of those roll-out flattys, its pretty squared off.

http://spitfirewheels.com/formulafour/

Scroll down near the bottom. My wheel chipped and I wrote to them and they sent me a brand new set that I just set up today. Super helpful.

foureyedjim

« Reply #679 on: March 22, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Scroll down near the bottom. My wheel chipped and I wrote to them and they sent me a brand new set that I just set up today. Super helpful.

When it comes to defects, skate companies really come through, especially anything through NHS or DLX.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #680 on: March 22, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When it comes to defects, skate companies really come through, especially anything through NHS or DLX.

Never tried DLX for defects, even though I've had a few sets of Thunders break over the years, but I had a delaminated Santa Cruz board once and NHS handled that shit quick.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #681 on: March 25, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
DLX has the best customer service on defects.  Reed a/k/a Lenny recently helped me out with a defect on a set of Manderson SFWs and had a new set back on my board w/in a week.  Can't be beat...
hardly art, hardly starving

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #682 on: March 25, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »
Seems like Spitfire still doesn't have the recipe. Maybe by formula 8 or 9 they finally deal with the flatspot issue.

foureyedjim

« Reply #683 on: March 25, 2014, 04:32:52 PM »
Seems like Spitfire still doesn't have the recipe. Maybe by formula 8 or 9 they finally deal with the flatspot issue.

hah! I've seen plenty of flatspots on bones stf to know that defects happen to every company.  I still haven't flatspotted my two sets of F4's.  You can stick to your plastic wheels tho T-racer

Dead Art Collective

• Rep: -6
    • Dead Artist Collective avatar image
« Reply #684 on: March 26, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »
Has anyone fully flatspotted a pair for Formula 4s yet?
My old spitfires used to burn our pretty quick so I switched to STF's are the 4's better or just really slick?
Wasting my life writing a blog for no one about everything
www.deadartistcollective.com

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #685 on: March 26, 2014, 12:31:12 AM »
roughly 8 months in, no flatspots whatsoever, and i gave them a pretty hard time.

never switching to anything else again.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #686 on: March 26, 2014, 07:06:01 AM »
My old spitfires used to burn our pretty quick so I switched to STF's are the 4's better or just really slick?
much better

b.v.

« Reply #687 on: March 26, 2014, 07:39:20 AM »
I have seen a few sets flat, they aren't impervious to some people. But those guys will flat any wheel made.
You can't compare a classic or f1 urethane to f4's because they feel so different. The f4's definitely do not wear down quickly, and the 99's are the perfect mix of slide and grip imo. I've noticed we sell the 99s over the 101's probably 6 to 1. Having ridden both I could ride either and the difference is not night and day. But on the slicker skateparks here the 101's are a little sketchy. I think they are A better feeling wheel than stf's, not one person I've sold them to over bones has come back disappointed.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #688 on: March 26, 2014, 08:35:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have seen a few sets flat, they aren't impervious to some people. But those guys will flat any wheel made.
You can't compare a classic or f1 urethane to f4's because they feel so different. The f4's definitely do not wear down quickly, and the 99's are the perfect mix of slide and grip imo. I've noticed we sell the 99s over the 101's probably 6 to 1. Having ridden both I could ride either and the difference is not night and day. But on the slicker skateparks here the 101's are a little sketchy. I think they are A better feeling wheel than stf's, not one person I've sold them to over bones has come back disappointed.
I flatspotted both the 99s and the 101s, but it wasn't easy. I agree fully with the comparison. They feel very similar, but riding a smooth, dusty park like I do, I need the 99s if I want to haul ass while carving because on the 101s carving up a steep bank might spin you out.

Spitfire4life

« Reply #689 on: March 31, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »
Damn, just flat spotted my 99's. Gonna probably get some 55 Cardiel classics to save money.