Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217484 times)

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #720 on: April 03, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »
^^
it doesn't matter if stf are good, they look plastic.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #721 on: April 03, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
^ I can't stand wheels that look like plastic.

I finally changed my wheels. The F4's I was previously riding held up great and kept their size well. They softened up a bit over time, which I would expect of any wheel. I'd like to try the 101's. 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #722 on: April 08, 2014, 02:55:17 AM »
Shop guys / Lenny, any news on the molds for the wider versions as of yet?

phatwheelz

« Reply #723 on: April 08, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »
word I'm really anxious to get f4 sfw's.  I like the regular sfw's but mine are splitting and cracking on the sides of the wheels.  I've had 4 sets total and this is the second set it's happened to.  Love the way these wheels feel and ride but it's a bit of a bummer.  I have a set of classic formula 4's and they hold up well but I'm so used to the wides.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #724 on: April 09, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »
how do the mint ones look after being skated? anyone riding them?

Dead Art Collective

• Rep: -6
    • Dead Artist Collective
« Reply #725 on: April 09, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »
Are they bringing back the tablets I haven't seen any since the release
Wasting my life writing a blog for no one about everything
www.deadartistcollective.com

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 73
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #726 on: April 10, 2014, 08:02:39 AM »
We're working on the SFW shape still.

No official date yet, but I promise they are coming soon.

ontheswarm

« Reply #727 on: April 10, 2014, 12:40:10 PM »
word I'm really anxious to get f4 sfw's.  I like the regular sfw's but mine are splitting and cracking on the sides of the wheels.  I've had 4 sets total and this is the second set it's happened to.  Love the way these wheels feel and ride but it's a bit of a bummer.  I have a set of classic formula 4's and they hold up well but I'm so used to the wides.
The full shape that they made was pretty much identical. I wish they continued making them though.

b.v.

« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
The full shape that they made was pretty much identical. I wish they continued making them though.
The sfw shape is a bit wider than the full shape.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #729 on: April 10, 2014, 05:43:02 PM »
Cheers Lenny, hope too see them soon, thanks for the info
And yeah SFW is a little wider, and the riding surface is wider too I think

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #730 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:02 PM »
We're working on the SFW shape still.

No official date yet, but I promise they are coming soon.

I'm curious, how's the process any different  from the other wheels shapes?? Isn't it as simple as putting ''F4''urethane in the regular SFW molds?

j_u_i_c_y

• Rep: -5
« Reply #731 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:56 AM »
been on STFs for years, set up 101 F4s yesterday. feel much better than bones, but somehow took a big chip out of the wheel skating a smooth concrete floor. im guessing i got a dodgy one and not all of them are like that but its pretty annoying

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #732 on: April 16, 2014, 05:47:40 AM »
Im skating STFs right now, and love em. I cant see myself skating a softer wheel anytime soon, but Id love to skate some Spits. Are the 101 F4 comparable to STFs in any way? Or are they more slippery?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #733 on: April 19, 2014, 01:02:27 AM »
Just set up my last full shape set, gonna make them last as long as possible, hopefully new fuller shapes are out sooner rather than later, i forgot just how great these wheels feel under my feet

tony volume

• Rep: -14
« Reply #734 on: April 19, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »
i just set up the 56mm 101's, so far its been amazing. going so fucking fast! the other day i skated moraga park and berkeley skatepark. got speed wobbles in the moraga bowl. i also have had this set of Super swiss 6 for a few years, and just cleaned em last week. the combo of cleaned bearings/new 101's are amazing.

KMAC

« Reply #735 on: April 19, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
Just set up my last full shape set, gonna make them last as long as possible, hopefully new fuller shapes are out sooner rather than later, i forgot just how great these wheels feel under my feet

idk how you even wear those wheels down. 99 full lasts forever

ontheswarm

« Reply #736 on: April 19, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »
The sfw shape is a bit wider than the full shape.
Yea that's why I said pretty much identical. I just got some new sfws and I am so hyped to skate them. I think I like the way they feel more then the full shape.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #737 on: April 19, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »

So, i saw these floating around instagram, looks like an SFW too me  ;D

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #738 on: April 20, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »

So, i saw these floating around instagram, looks like an SFW too me  ;D

oooo I need to replace one of my F4's (They still haven't flatspotted yet, but the pre-release team editions feel a little softer for my preferences).

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO
« Reply #739 on: April 20, 2014, 09:06:02 PM »
I'm on my first set of formula four's and I just can't get into the 99 duro...'that little bit of softness just makes my set up feel soggy and heavy...I'm probably gonna set up these AVE full shape street burner lock-ins that are 100du...man,  I wish I didn't care so much about the nuanced differences of skate product.

soccer mom

« Reply #740 on: April 20, 2014, 09:19:05 PM »
Summer drop please, so I can get more 101 tablets! Best wheel ever for sure.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »
I'm on my first set of formula four's and I just can't get into the 99 duro...'that little bit of softness just makes my set up feel soggy and heavy...I'm probably gonna set up these AVE full shape street burner lock-ins that are 100du...man,  I wish I didn't care so much about the nuanced differences of skate product.

theres a world of a difference between the 99s and 101s.having skated both the 101s are super fucking slick compared to the 99s..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #742 on: April 21, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »
If I making the switch from Bones STF to possibly Spitfire F4 or SFW, which wheels would feel similar to the STF's?
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

filmthis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #743 on: April 21, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »
If I making the switch from Bones STF to possibly Spitfire F4 or SFW, which wheels would feel similar to the STF's?
personally, i have more control with the 101's, but i've only gotten kickdown prototypes that've already been "broken in"..

i had a pair of 99's out of the plastic, and bombed a hill right after setting them up. went to powerslide and it was like ice.

you decide. i'd say 101's are the way to go, but that's just me.
vx1000

KMAC

« Reply #744 on: April 21, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

definitely the 101, the 99's are closer to a grippy wheel

hydrant hopper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #745 on: April 21, 2014, 04:22:11 PM »
i had a pair of 99's out of the plastic, and bombed a hill right after setting them up. went to powerslide and it was like ice.

Wouldn't the 101s be even more slippery?  I ride the 99s and they are a really good median between grippy and slippery (more on the slippery side).

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #746 on: April 21, 2014, 09:50:26 PM »

Wouldn't the 101s be even more slippery?  I ride the 99s and they are a really good median between grippy and slippery (more on the slippery side).

yes the 101s are a lot more slick. the 99s are more grippy in my experience.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

KMAC

« Reply #747 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:46 AM »

yea he said he wants a similiar feel to stf's, which would DEF be the 101

m477

• Rep: 4
« Reply #748 on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »

yea he said he wants a similiar feel to stf's, which would DEF be the 101
Agree.

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #749 on: April 22, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »
How do the SFWs feel? Never had a pair of Spits and the only shape I've ridden is the bones stf  v2, want to branch out.
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.