Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689345 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #810 on: August 05, 2014, 05:44:22 AM »
i love the spitfire classic shape..how is the shift from those to the conical shape? i gotta new set of the 99f4's but am curious to try conical shapes

I tried a set of parkburners on someone elses board the other day and they felt way too narrow now ive been on conicals for ages, locking into things seemed easier with the squarer wheels, i can't wait too see how these new ones work out

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #811 on: August 05, 2014, 05:49:53 AM »
Expand Quote
i love the spitfire classic shape..how is the shift from those to the conical shape? i gotta new set of the 99f4's but am curious to try conical shapes
[close]

I tried a set of parkburners on someone elses board the other day and they felt way too narrow now ive been on conicals for ages, locking into things seemed easier with the squarer wheels, i can't wait too see how these new ones work out

sick! thanks for the feedback.. does spitfire still do the "lock in" wheels- which are like the conical but only on one side?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #812 on: August 05, 2014, 06:04:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sick! thanks for the feedback.. does spitfire still do the "lock in" wheels- which are like the conical but only on one side?

i think AVE has some signature ones out now

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #813 on: August 05, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »
Both sets of mine (51mm and 53mm, both 99's) did that to me, I sent the 53's in for warranty but haven't heard back yet, only been 5 or so days.
I'm riding stf's right now and they show no signs of this.
Have a set of wreck's to try next.
I bought some f4 a couple of days ago and have had quite a few chunks come off. They also are cracking in a few places. I love the way they feel, but I was wondering if this is normal for them. I only skate my local park and I'm not to hard on them. I know this sounds silly but I'm kinda bummed on the quality and don't want to go back to Bones.

Bill

• Rep: 2
« Reply #814 on: August 05, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
I have to admit they slide extremely well and I can't flat spot them. Since they started to chip my friends and I have purposefully tried to flat spot them with no damage whatsoever. I'm sure Deluxe will work out any kinks with the chipping problem over time. If it cost me a little extra money for new wheels then it is worth it. I was riding my friends board with Bones Spf and they didn't feel good at all. I love to be able to do quick power slides without to much effort. The reason I started riding Bones was that I started to skate parks mostly and the concrete was killing my wheels. Also I think as I get older I dwell to much on gear and start to notice things I wouldn't have when I was younger. I skated so much that my stuff would wear out before I could notice any imperfections. It seems now I'm looking for a skateboard product equivalent of the fountain of youth. If I find that concave, wheel, or shape I will get my old tricks back! Thanks for your feedback and have a great day everybody!

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #815 on: August 05, 2014, 02:22:37 PM »
Here are the new specs for the updated f4 shapes.

nice, thanks!

looks like conical 99 will be purrrrrfect

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »
Coincidence or not I received an email that they are shipping my replacement set about 15 minutes after I posted here!

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #817 on: August 05, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »
Coincidence or not I received an email that they are shipping my replacement set about 15 minutes after I posted here!
Yup, as expected.
The best dudes.

epiclystellar

• Rep: 2
« Reply #818 on: August 05, 2014, 04:19:04 PM »

Anybody know the release date on the conicals?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #819 on: August 05, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »
LennyDLX said mid august

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #820 on: August 05, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
the 99s powerslide just fine. They feel like how Spitfires should feel like. The F4 99s remind me of the classics back in the 90s when Spitfires were unfuckwithable...
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #821 on: August 05, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
Mmmm conical or conical full....

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #822 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:50 PM »
Now I don't know if I want Conicals or the 55.5mm "Underground" wheels...

http://www.spitfirewheels.com/keepingtheundergroundlit/

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #823 on: August 05, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »
Also I think as I get older I dwell to much on gear and start to notice things I wouldn't have when I was younger. I skated so much that my stuff would wear out before I could notice any imperfections. It seems now I'm looking for a skateboard product equivalent of the fountain of youth. If I find that concave, wheel, or shape I will get my old tricks back! Thanks for your feedback and have a great day everybody!

I, too, am looking for the holy grail ;) Seriously, I'm the exact same way and I'm VERY close.

8.5"x32.5" + 14.75/15" WB, Fat nose and tail (like Anti Hero shapes but not anti hero dimensions) - Anyone give me a brand like that that isn't elephant?
Theeves for street ACEs for bowls
Spit F4s - classics for now but I think that conical my be the clincher - I've always hated the STF feel and autobahns don't slide like the F4s.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #824 on: August 06, 2014, 05:10:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Also I think as I get older I dwell to much on gear and start to notice things I wouldn't have when I was younger. I skated so much that my stuff would wear out before I could notice any imperfections. It seems now I'm looking for a skateboard product equivalent of the fountain of youth. If I find that concave, wheel, or shape I will get my old tricks back! Thanks for your feedback and have a great day everybody!
[close]

I, too, am looking for the holy grail ;) Seriously, I'm the exact same way and I'm VERY close.

8.5"x32.5" + 14.75/15" WB, Fat nose and tail (like Anti Hero shapes but not anti hero dimensions) - Anyone give me a brand like that that isn't elephant?
Spit F4s - classics for now but I think that conical my be the clincher - I've always hated the STF feel and autobahns don't slide like the F4s.
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Skate_Warehouse_Blank_V-Natural_Deck/descpage-SWNHDK.html
http://www.warehouseskateboards.com/enjoi-resin-7-whitey-panda-skateboard-deck-8.5x32.5
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=47719
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=46766

Not sure on the wheelbases or shapes, but the rest of the dimensions are there.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #825 on: August 06, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #826 on: August 13, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »
F4's 5 months of use
once 54mm classics 101 duro, now they're 40 something and tablets
never had a problem and still roll smooth
f4's rule

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #827 on: August 13, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not quite to the specific dimensions, but Anti-Hero (and real, krooked) have an 8.43 with a 32.57 length and a 14.75 wheelbase.  It's pretty much the only board I can ride at this point, everything seems tiny in comparison.  the 0.07 is not noticable

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #828 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

not quite to the specific dimensions, but Anti-Hero (and real, krooked) have an 8.43 with a 32.57 length and a 14.75 wheelbase.  It's pretty much the only board I can ride at this point, everything seems tiny in comparison.  the 0.07 is not noticable

Thanks for the tip! AH have my favorite shapes, I'll have to be on the lookout for one of these!

dillanharp

« Reply #829 on: August 15, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
It's mid august, the ad is in thrasher, where they at?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #830 on: August 15, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
It's mid august, the ad is in thrasher, where they at?

Saw them on a few shops instagrams. they're out

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #831 on: August 16, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the tip! AH have my favorite shapes, I'll have to be on the lookout for one of these!

you also might dig the Anti-Hero 8.62, which has the same length/wheelbase as the 8.43.  i just picked one up today

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: August 18, 2014, 12:38:25 PM »
Socal has some 56mm 99a conicals

janky858

« Reply #833 on: August 22, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »
BEST WHEEL OUT

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #834 on: August 23, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »
Finally got a set.

Sorry, I think bones are better...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #835 on: August 23, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Xen, maybe check out Entropy. I just posted my latest in the set-up thread (page 355, link below) if you wanna look at that as an example. Sounds like you're looking for something close to my shape but with a longer wheelbase. Call Entropy sometime and tell them what you're looking for (don't email, actually call the contact # on their page, also linked below), I can almost guarantee they can help you out.

They're solid, USA pressed by a well known and respected woodshop, they'll work to get you exactly what you want, and on top of it you'd be supporting an active and devoted small brand.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=10804.10620

https://shop.entropyskateboards.com/contactus.sc

m477

• Rep: 6
« Reply #836 on: August 23, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Are the 101 tablets still available? Can't find them anywhere.
[close]

DLX discontinued the F4 tablet for the SFW F4

A bit bummed on the loss of the tablet but glad they still offer a 101 f4 with a wide riding surface. I'm riding the tablet 53 but they're almost a year old now and need replacing.   I thought the 101 tablet 53 mm was the perfect wheel but  now it looks like I'll have to try the 101 54 full conical.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #837 on: August 24, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
spitfire suks great marketing tho

I think you meant to say bones.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #838 on: August 25, 2014, 05:42:28 AM »
wow man you should try some stf's
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal