Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689417 times)

dillanharp

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #840 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
Fuck it, I'm tired of waiting for the conicals. Going to just pick up some OJ's.

LennyDLXSF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #841 on: August 28, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
Fuck it, I'm tired of waiting for the conicals. Going to just pick up some OJ's.

They are out right now!

Tell your local shop to order some!

dillanharp

« Reply #842 on: August 28, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are out right now!

Tell your local shop to order some!
I just called both of my locals, one didn't know they existed, the other said he just gets whatever you guys send. Do you know if the DLX store has any? I'll drive up there tomorrow morning if they do.

Nevermind, I called, they're out of 101s.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:10:51 PM by Nallid »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #843 on: August 28, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »
What size did you want?
Have 56 101s coming.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #844 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
29 pages

many negative reviews

no 20 page bones thread

because they work better

dillanharp

« Reply #845 on: August 28, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »
What size did you want?
Have 56 101s coming.
I'm looking for 52s. I don't really care though, I'll go up or down a mm. 56 is a little large thanks though.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #846 on: August 29, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
29 pages

many a few negative reviews

no 20 page bones thread

because they work better Because nobody here likes Bones
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #847 on: August 29, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
tracer post
a quoted tracer post

no need for a quoted tracer post

because i should see it Because tracer should be on every ignore list
[close]

Tracer

« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote
29 pages

many a few negative reviews

no 20 page bones thread

because they work better Because nobody here likes Bones
[close]
Dude you gotta understand, it's pretty hilarious a 29 page thread about wheels. Are these guys on the take or what? Someone always bumps this thread probably from SF or called Spitfire for lyfe

Bones are fine, whats your problem with em? Seriously I want an answer

dillanharp

« Reply #849 on: August 29, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »
I'm sure they're fine, everyone likes different shit. I skated a set of STF's about a year ago and I just didn't like them. I gave them a solid month, during which I was skating and taking public transit everywhere. They felt like I was skating rocks. I didn't like the way they slid. They were loud as fuck. Every time I hit a sidewalk crack I could feel it in my teeth. When I started skating in the early-mid 90s, anything Powell or Bones were considered lame as fuck amongst my peers, so it took literally 20 years before I even skated a set of reds.

Spitfire's feel right. Classics or big heads for 20 years will do that.

I can't believe I seriously answered Tracer.

N.L.

« Reply #850 on: August 29, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »
I'm a big fan of Bones but here's the thing. SPFs are great in smooth parks but feel like shit on the streets. STFs are amazing wheels but can be a bit too slick in smooth parks and only go up to 55mm.

Spitfire F4s 99a are just fucking great all rounders and just 'feel' better. For me its all about the 'slip to grip' ratio and 'rebound.' Spitfire nailed it with these wheels. I'm not from SF or on the take. I'm an old bastard who rode Spitfires all through the 90s and reluctantly stopped when I felt the quality dropped in the 2000s. Now they're back on point with the F4s.

Really looking forward to trying some full conicals in the 100a.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #851 on: August 29, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »
I'm a big fan of Bones but here's the thing. SPFs are great in smooth parks but feel like shit on the streets. STFs are amazing wheels but can be a bit too slick in smooth parks and only go up to 55mm.

Spitfire F4s 99a are just fucking great all rounders and just 'feel' better. For me its all about the 'slip to grip' ratio and 'rebound.' Spitfire nailed it with these wheels. I'm not from SF or on the take. I'm an old bastard who rode Spitfires all through the 90s and reluctantly stopped when I felt the quality dropped in the 2000s. Now they're back on point with the F4s.

This!

STFs have never felt right to me (I'm a spit classics fan from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back, as in launch) and have tried a number of times to ride them out/commit to them and couldn't do it. I love the way STFs feel in bowls but prefer f4s over stfs. Both are great wheels, do the same thing and support great skaters. Pick what feels good. BOTH wheels suck ass on rough roads so I'm riding neither right now.

I'm wanting the Conicals in 55 as I've been eyeing the V5s in 55mm. I love conical/sidecut shapes. Hurry up DLX (btw socal needs help with proper naming conventions and sizing it seems as they have 56mm 'conicals'.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #852 on: August 30, 2014, 06:09:09 AM »
someone whos opinion i trust (who also has run alot of stfs) told me spits are better for him and that they don't flat spot. So my negative comments i posted are based on 15 year old expieriences so i'll remove em.  But i'll stick with bones cause i love how predictably slick they are. (dont like my wheels to really 'grip' ever)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:11:15 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Tracer

« Reply #853 on: August 30, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

You can tell spitfire is a scam becuase they use words like DURO, DUAL DUROMETER, and stupid letters and numbers to describe their wheels.

Bones just produce and call it like it is, a street wheel and a park wheel. If you ride 55+ then you aren't skating much street anyways

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #854 on: August 30, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
thats a rad post strait up

dillanharp

« Reply #855 on: August 30, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »

You can tell spitfire is a scam becuase they use words like DURO, DUAL DUROMETER, and stupid letters and numbers to describe their wheels.

Bones just produce and call it like it is, a street wheel and a park wheel. If you ride 55+ then you aren't skating much street anyways
EVERY FUCKING WHEEL COMPANY DOES THIS, INCLUDING BONES.

N.L.

« Reply #856 on: August 30, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, perhaps a different type of 'street' to the likes of a cunt like yourself?

Tracer

« Reply #857 on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, perhaps a different type of 'street' to the likes of a cunt like yourself?
Get that shit checked out bro.

STF has 5 DIFFERENT sizes, Spitfire has 2 if you're lucky. Get with the times bro Spitfire is a shit company with no flatspot guarantees

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #858 on: August 31, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
http://www.dlxsf.com/fall14/sf/

Going by this there's four shapes classic/classic full/ conical/ conical full

N.L.

« Reply #859 on: August 31, 2014, 09:00:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Get that shit checked out bro.

STF has 5 DIFFERENT sizes, Spitfire has 2 if you're lucky. Get with the times bro Spitfire is a shit company with no flatspot guarantees

Been riding STFs for at least the last 5 years. Now, I'm back on Sptifires because I like F4s better... More size variety that Bones and about the same shape variety. Let's argue some more. How about ACE vs Indy? that seems to rattle some cages....

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: August 31, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
I think the ace thread is probably about that already.  I guess ace have worked out some of the original problems they had.  Mini logo trucks are out and they make a 8.75 i'd like to try.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #861 on: September 02, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
After flatspotting the 101s I decided to try the 99's and sadly I got a flat spot on those even quicker.  :-\
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

N.L.

« Reply #862 on: September 03, 2014, 07:46:08 AM »
that's a bummer. send them back. i've been trying to flat spot my 99s just to see how much they can take.  can't do it. i've managed to flatspot all other spits and stfs and spfs. once you flat spot spfs its not going away others you can often wear out...

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #863 on: September 03, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »
For anyone who was looking for Conical/conical full,classic full in 99a, we got a few sizes in.
Always load people up with stickers and anything else we have.
http://www.35thavenue.com/shop/Skateboards/Wheels/Spitfire.htm

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »
Trying to flatspot my 99A's, not possible. They'll just get smaller with time, but no flatspots as of right now
#HASHTAG

dlrmtrggr

• Rep: -4
« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »

I bought some f4 a couple of days ago and have had quite a few chunks come off. They also are cracking in a few places. I love the way they feel, but I was wondering if this is normal for them. I only skate my local park and I'm not to hard on them. I know this sounds silly but I'm kinda bummed on the quality and don't want to go back to Bones.
Not normal at all! I skate the 101duro 52mm classic shape f4s, and my 3 month old set has seen some rough concrete and have one tiny chip from bombing a hill into a gravel alleyway.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #866 on: September 03, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »

I'm looking for 52s.

52 101's http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=49280

You've probably found some already, but just in case.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #867 on: September 04, 2014, 07:34:08 AM »
F4 101 53mm = best wheel ever.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #868 on: September 10, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »
Skated my 52 101s a couple times and I love them so far.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #869 on: September 10, 2014, 12:19:49 AM »
just ordered a couple sets of 53 99d conical fulls, cant wait too try them  ;D