Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217992 times)

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #930 on: October 14, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »
It might just be me, but I've noticed that they were darker in color when they first came out and in the earlier batches. Seems like they made them brighter and closer to white over time.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #931 on: October 14, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »
It might just be me, but I've noticed that they were darker in color when they first came out and in the earlier batches. Seems like they made them brighter and closer to white over time.

I think youre right, I just thought of that the other day too

TFUCKINA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #932 on: October 14, 2014, 04:06:14 PM »
Anyone rode the f4 classic full? I just ordered a set of reynolds f4's, and they were mislabeled on the site as classic, but i later found out they are classic full. Never had f4's, or classics fulls, just curious.....

did you get them from socalskateshop??

Yep.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #933 on: October 14, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »
anyone get a set with an off colored wheel? i'm kind of digging it.

like the set they did with the one blue or red, or just an actual darker/lighter wheel in the normal urethane color?

the set of ishod pro ones i saw looked way darker than the ones i've seen in the past or the conical fulls i bought the other week
made them look dirty from the start

i just logged back on to clarify.  Off color was the wrong term.  It just one blue wheel.  its very blue and its clearly intentional.  the wheels are fucking sick and well worth the 30+ page thread that they have spawned.   sorry for the confusion.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #934 on: October 14, 2014, 04:37:36 PM »
anyone get a set with an off colored wheel? i'm kind of digging it.

like the set they did with the one blue or red, or just an actual darker/lighter wheel in the normal urethane color?

the set of ishod pro ones i saw looked way darker than the ones i've seen in the past or the conical fulls i bought the other week
made them look dirty from the start

i just logged back on to clarify.  Off color was the wrong term.  It just one blue wheel.  its very blue and its clearly intentional.  the wheels are fucking sick and well worth the 30+ page thread that they have spawned.   sorry for the confusion.

the one solid color ones look awesome, the half size extra on them is cool too

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #935 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:19 PM »
the full classic 101 is perfect. the extra surface evens out how slidy the 101's are.

m477

• Rep: 4
« Reply #936 on: October 14, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
Miss the tablet option :( guess I'll have to ride mine til they're bearing covers.

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #937 on: October 15, 2014, 02:32:07 AM »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #938 on: October 15, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »
the full classic 101 is perfect. the extra surface evens out how slidy the 101's are.

When I was riding the 101 conical fulls, I wasn't hindered by their width when it came to sliding at all. However, I did feel they were just too wide for me, without providing any real benefit (wider would be more stable AND grippier but I didn't notice a difference).

I'm going for the classic fulls if I can find any online above 53mm.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:19:41 PM by Xen »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #939 on: October 18, 2014, 06:17:33 PM »

took these down too a 49 after 5 months of skating, feels so weird putting new 53's on, hopefully get to put them through hell today

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #940 on: October 18, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
Ordered another set of the F4's.  I may swear by these
For Your Health

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #941 on: October 18, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »

took these down too a 49 after 5 months of skating, feels so weird putting new 53's on, hopefully get to put them through hell today
Wow, it still looks in good condition too.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #942 on: October 18, 2014, 09:24:23 PM »
ive skated just 3 sets of F4's in the last 12 months.. 2 sets of the 99a's and one of the 101s.. i prefer the 99s all the way.. good fucking solid lasting durable wheels!!!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #943 on: October 18, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »
Wow, it still looks in good condition too.

yeah they're still in a pretty decent way, i put them on this micro cruiser thing i've got, they slip something fierce though hence why i needed a change

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #944 on: November 10, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »
Not sure if Im going to buy the conical or conical full F4's next.. Think the full's might actually be to wide for me. Could someone post a picture that shows the riding surface of them?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:51:33 PM by MostlyLurkin' »

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #945 on: November 10, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »
are the mike andersen sfw non formula 4 the same width as conical fulls?

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
« Reply #946 on: November 10, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »
Not sure if Im going to buy the conical or conical full F1's next.. Think the full's might actually be to wide for me. Could someone post a picture that shows the riding surface of them?
Thanks!
Don't have a skateshop near you? You should be fully lurkin after a post like that

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #947 on: November 10, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »
are the mike andersen sfw non formula 4 the same width as conical fulls?

As close as you're gonna get, mandersons are a half mm wider but the difference is negligible, try them out, i love my set

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #948 on: November 10, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #949 on: November 10, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
Not sure if Im going to buy the conical or conical full F1's next.. Think the full's might actually be to wide for me. Could someone post a picture that shows the riding surface of them?
Thanks!
Don't have a skateshop near you? You should be fully lurkin after a post like that

I usually dont reply to T-racer posts, but yeah. I have a couple of local shops, but none of them have F4's.

imgne

« Reply #950 on: November 10, 2014, 10:41:10 PM »
So as a person who swears by Bones wheels, I can honestly say that Spitfire F4 wheels are pretty damn amazing, but they don't last as long as bones do on shit surfaces, I've sold a few sets of F4's to have costumers come back requesting bones instead, one set of the 99a F4's started to bubble apart, i kinda put it down for being a dud set, but as time has gone one, as much as we sell them, the f4's get some weird reviews locally.

I think its just come down to personal preference, some people just don't like spitfire and some people simply don't like bones, obviously they're other wheels on the market, but in our stors, its STF vs F4 all the way...

I will say this, for guys who like bones but also like them to slide a bit more like spitfires, get coloured formula's, for some strange reason they seem to slide way better than the standard white. (would be curious to know if anyone agree's with me & could possibly explain why that is?)

Overall, F4's have saved spitfire from just being that wheel brand with the really known logo, to being a proper wheel company again!

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
on my 3rd set in a little over a year

why the fuck would you ride anything else

TehPwnzorer

« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2014, 12:38:32 PM »
on my 3rd set in a little over a year

why the fuck would you ride anything else
To remind yourself how good they actually are once you get spoiled and take the product for standard granted.

Like when I decided to try out Thunders after riding Indys for around 7 years. Can't really say I was enjoying skating at all the 3 months I put out with those trucks. Now I'm back on Indys again and asking myself why I even decided to switch in the first place.... Same concept goes for wheels too.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #953 on: November 13, 2014, 02:04:57 PM »
Not sure if Im going to buy the conical or conical full F4's next.. Think the full's might actually be to wide for me. Could someone post a picture that shows the riding surface of them?
Thanks!

I usually ride classics, tried the Conical Fulls and the seemed really wide, with no real benefit (they were still super awesomely slidable)? I'm going to pick up some straight conicals next.

TehPwnzorer

« Reply #954 on: November 14, 2014, 04:22:03 AM »
Conical & Conical Full. Both being 52mm

BMCsteve

« Reply #955 on: November 14, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »
Excuse my ignorance but what are the advantages of a wider riding surface outside of more grip in transition?  It seems like for street skating it wouldn't be ideal because a wider wheel in theory would be slower with more rolling resistance, more surface area to catch on pebbles or shit in the road and I'm guessing it takes more effort to slide
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:11:45 AM by BMCsteve »

eatshitbum

• Rep: 4
« Reply #956 on: November 14, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »
So I just set-up some 99a 53mm Ishod F4s with a new pair of trucks (Thunder 147s). I was riding 100a 53mm F1 Streetburners for the past ~year. Definitely liking the F4s but I'm not sure how much of it is due to new/fast wheels/bearings. They do seem to slide better than the F1s while riding/feeling "softer" (if that makes any sense at all...). Also grabbed a set of 53mm 101a F4s to try but it looks like winter's here to stay.

Is it just me or do these wheels "sound" dead?? Grabbed my board from the trunk, dropped it on the ground and the "thunkclunk" sounded a lot closer to shitty blank wheels than my F1s did. They skated perfectly fine pop-wise but the sound was a bit of a throw-off for the first couple of ollies

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #957 on: November 14, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »
So I just set-up some 99a 53mm Ishod F4s with a new pair of trucks (Thunder 147s). I was riding 100a 53mm F1 Streetburners for the past ~year. Definitely liking the F4s but I'm not sure how much of it is due to new/fast wheels/bearings. They do seem to slide better than the F1s while riding/feeling "softer" (if that makes any sense at all...). Also grabbed a set of 53mm 101a F4s to try but it looks like winter's here to stay.

Is it just me or do these wheels "sound" dead?? Grabbed my board from the trunk, dropped it on the ground and the "thunkclunk" sounded a lot closer to shitty blank wheels than my F1s did. They skated perfectly fine pop-wise but the sound was a bit of a throw-off for the first couple of ollies

Axle bolts too tight? I find that boards can sound dead (and wheels are not as screechy) of there is no play on the wheels.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 73
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #958 on: November 14, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »

Axle bolts too tight? I find that boards can sound dead (and wheels are not as screechy) of there is no play on the wheels.

New bearings will also change the sound a bit until the grease gets worn down.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #959 on: November 14, 2014, 12:07:38 PM »

New bearings will also change the sound a bit until the grease gets worn down.
This. While new bearings/wheels  should feel great, often times the first day or two the wheels feel almost softer than they really are, give it a bit.