Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689758 times)

eatshitbum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #960 on: December 17, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this happened to me on some f4 52mm classic shaped 99a's and fixed it self within one session of just rolling it self out...
[close]

Thanks for the feedback fulfillthedream. These are the 99a's and it definitely looks/feels like it'll skate itself out (which is why I didn't go back to my shop) but...

Expand Quote
PM'd!
[close]

... good thing DLXSF has the whole "customer service" thing on lockdown. Thanks again for the help everyone/DLXSF and Lenny, I would totally gnar you if I could!
[close]

fuck yeah- DLX's assurance on quality is ON POINT... I've had a few "damaged" products after the usual wear and tear of skateboarding but it's sick they're down to honor their warranties 100%

a homie of mine posted some 2 year old thunders that were down to the aceels on instagram- there was a small little crack but the trucks were on their way out any how- Jim T commented "we'll replace those" and my homie declined the offer cause he felt he got his money's worth...

If you're gonna post about the bad, you gotta post about the good. This came in the mail today...

Thanks very much Reed, Deluxe and Supra distribution! Spitfire's getting all my wheel money in the future

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #961 on: December 18, 2014, 12:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this happened to me on some f4 52mm classic shaped 99a's and fixed it self within one session of just rolling it self out...
[close]

Thanks for the feedback fulfillthedream. These are the 99a's and it definitely looks/feels like it'll skate itself out (which is why I didn't go back to my shop) but...

Expand Quote
PM'd!
[close]

... good thing DLXSF has the whole "customer service" thing on lockdown. Thanks again for the help everyone/DLXSF and Lenny, I would totally gnar you if I could!
[close]

fuck yeah- DLX's assurance on quality is ON POINT... I've had a few "damaged" products after the usual wear and tear of skateboarding but it's sick they're down to honor their warranties 100%

a homie of mine posted some 2 year old thunders that were down to the aceels on instagram- there was a small little crack but the trucks were on their way out any how- Jim T commented "we'll replace those" and my homie declined the offer cause he felt he got his money's worth...
[close]

If you're gonna post about the bad, you gotta post about the good. This came in the mail today...

Thanks very much Reed, Deluxe and Supra distribution! Spitfire's getting all my wheel money in the future

Damn! The maple leaf stickers are sick! I think its from a collab they did with a Canadian shop???
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

BMCsteve

« Reply #962 on: December 18, 2014, 06:06:19 AM »
That's exactly why I've given DLX so much of my money over the last 15+ years.  They make great stuff and odds are that you'll never have a problem with it but if you do, they take care of you.  It's uncommon in any industry but especially in the skate world.

dillanharp

« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
I'll never leave you deluxe...

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
PM'd!
[close]

[close]

[close]

Happy to help!

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #965 on: December 18, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
That rules! I just got some new f4 99's today and I'm hyped to support these dudes after seeing this

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #966 on: December 23, 2014, 12:02:41 AM »
hey Lenny, i just bought some of these Speedies for my daughters first skateboard, i wanted to ask if these bubbles are normal, they are on all of the wheels on the inside by the core, and one wheel has a bubble on the riding surface. if its normal and wont effect their function im not worried about it but i thought i should check with you. thanks. (sorry for the huge pics guys)

Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #967 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »
I've had those on a few sets of STFs I've had. They usually don't make a difference, just cosmetic more than anything, at least from my experience. Never seen em on SFs before though.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #968 on: December 23, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
hey Lenny, i just bought some of these Speedies for my daughters first skateboard, i wanted to ask if these bubbles are normal, they are on all of the wheels on the inside by the core, and one wheel has a bubble on the riding surface. if its normal and wont effect their function im not worried about it but i thought i should check with you. thanks. (sorry for the huge pics guys)

Hey Tanger,

The bubbles are normal. I've talked with the product development guys about them before, and although they are a little unsightly, they should not affect the way the wheels ride at all. If for some reason your not happy with them though, PM me, and I'll take care of it for you!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #969 on: December 23, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »
Yeah, as long as the bearing still fits it shouldn't be a problem. Has happened to me before.

I've had my eye on those all blue 99s for a minute. Been skating the white 101s pretty much all year and they're still holding strong minus a few small chips. (Which I blame myself for. Skated some pretty much unskatable pavement and that was the result. Not even mad.)

I'm a believer.

dillanharp

« Reply #970 on: December 23, 2014, 08:24:24 AM »
Yea I've had those bubbles on classics many times, no big deal.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #971 on: December 23, 2014, 11:08:01 AM »
Sweet thanks dudes!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #972 on: January 11, 2015, 03:40:57 PM »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but are  comparable sized conical fulls wider than the Mike Anderson wheels? Like are 56 mm conical fulls the same width as 56mm manderson wheels?

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #973 on: January 11, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but are  comparable sized conical fulls wider than the Mike Anderson wheels? Like are 56 mm conical fulls the same width as 56mm manderson wheels?
I don't have the measurements, but I had the manderson's while my friend has the Concial Fulls in the same size, and they look exactly the same. I'm pretty sure it's the same shape/dimensions, just a different name. Maybe they changed the name since the SFW is technically Manderson's wheel, this way the F4's can be labeled as team wheels?
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #974 on: January 11, 2015, 05:18:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't have the measurements, but I had the manderson's while my friend has the Concial Fulls in the same size, and they look exactly the same. I'm pretty sure it's the same shape/dimensions, just a different name. Maybe they changed the name since the SFW is technically Manderson's wheel, this way the F4's can be labeled as team wheels?

ok cool. thanks dude!

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #975 on: January 12, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »
ight so i had the FULL shape 99's when they first came out and wanna try the conicals again, but the full 99's didn't really slide like i wanted. ive had the 101 and 99 classics, and the 101 was a little too slick at times. what i wanna know is if i get the regular conicals in a 101, will it kinda balance out the hardness? i guess i just wanna know if they will kinda have a balance of grip and slide like the classic 99 or what?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #976 on: January 12, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
ight so i had the FULL shape 99's when they first came out and wanna try the conicals again, but the full 99's didn't really slide like i wanted. ive had the 101 and 99 classics, and the 101 was a little too slick at times. what i wanna know is if i get the regular conicals in a 101, will it kinda balance out the hardness? i guess i just wanna know if they will kinda have a balance of grip and slide like the classic 99 or what?

I've ridden the following F4s:

52mm 101 classic
53mm 99a classic
54mm 101a conical fulls (lost them)
54mm 101a conicals

I'm with you on the 99a slide (I rode them after the 52 101s) but they are great for rougher roads. The conical fulls were strictly park use until I lost them so very little in the way of slides (bowl park) except for on the walls of the big bowls (alleyoop slides).

The conicals in 101a do indeed work like you are thinking. Slide like a 101 should, glassy but with a bit more grip than say the classic 101s. Case in point, I took two setups out recently to skate with my kids in a parking lot, was sliding around on the conicals, all good, switch to the 101 classics and damn near killed myself on the first slide (using the same effort).

N.L.

« Reply #977 on: January 15, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »
If I had to ride only one set of wheels for the rest of my skate life, it would be 56mm Conical Full 99a F4s. Fucking love them on all terrain. Now just make them in that orange Spitifre used to do in the 90s and I'm done.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #978 on: January 22, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »
anybody know anything about the "RADIALS" shape they were giving advanced sets of on instagram?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #979 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:32 PM »
After riding the conical full 99a i prefer the classic shape over it.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

N.L.

« Reply #980 on: January 23, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
Radials look good. Wide like the conical fulls but very rounded radius.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #981 on: January 23, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »
fan of the conical fulls.  I like being able to skate a smaller wheel with the riding surface of a larger wheel. 

definitely the best wheel i've skated (99a) for gripping while the skating indoor dust rinks of the midwest
hardly art, hardly starving

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #982 on: January 23, 2015, 02:46:04 PM »
I like being able to skate a smaller wheel with the riding surface of a larger wheel.

This is exactly what I love about mine, been on them for three months or so and they feel perfect

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #983 on: January 23, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »
Ok, I hate to bump a topic that's faded a bit but no better thread to toss this...

All of the snow we got melted over the past couple of days so I skated flat yesterday for a quick 20 minutes. Went to check my board today and saw this...

I don't want to take them back to my shop and be a pain in the ass... shit happens. This was definitely from a rock while trying to "skid out" a couple bs180s. That said, I can definitely feel/hear the "flatspot" and while I know it'll skate down, I paid full price and the wheels have under 5 hrs of riding on them.

Any recommendations? Already bought a set of F1 streetburners to ride but this is a bit disappointing given the hype these wheels have gotten

That isn't a product defect nor is it a flatspot.  What is truly disappointing is the lack of self accountability that is plaguing individuals today.  Learn how to do a proper full 180 and buck up and ride the wheels out.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #984 on: January 23, 2015, 04:13:37 PM »

The radius is a good option if the wheelbite from the conical fulls is a big problem.
Got a set to try.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #985 on: January 23, 2015, 09:42:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Ok, I hate to bump a topic that's faded a bit but no better thread to toss this...

All of the snow we got melted over the past couple of days so I skated flat yesterday for a quick 20 minutes. Went to check my board today and saw this...

I don't want to take them back to my shop and be a pain in the ass... shit happens. This was definitely from a rock while trying to "skid out" a couple bs180s. That said, I can definitely feel/hear the "flatspot" and while I know it'll skate down, I paid full price and the wheels have under 5 hrs of riding on them.

Any recommendations? Already bought a set of F1 streetburners to ride but this is a bit disappointing given the hype these wheels have gotten
[close]

/agree

That isn't a product defect nor is it a flatspot.  What is truly disappointing is the lack of self accountability that is plaguing individuals today.  Learn how to do a proper full 180 and buck up and ride the wheels out.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #986 on: January 24, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »
those radials look great.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #987 on: January 24, 2015, 07:18:22 PM »
I rode mine today, lock in to ledges and coping like the conicals but less wheelbite.
I am a fan.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #988 on: January 24, 2015, 10:12:41 PM »

When, where can I get these? Release date?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #989 on: January 25, 2015, 08:12:24 AM »
Right now, 52s were all that are available.
Other sizes this month probably.