Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689310 times)

N.L.

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #990 on: January 25, 2015, 09:05:07 AM »
Nice. Love to try them at some point but I now have a stack of Classics and Concical Fulls to make my way through... Nice problem to have , I suppose.

Stanley Spadowski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #991 on: January 25, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »
Right now, 52s were all that are available.
Other sizes this month probably.
52s the size I skate. Any places online that have them?
Or is DLX just kinda flowing them to people until all the sizes are available?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #992 on: January 26, 2015, 05:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hardly art, hardly starving

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #993 on: January 26, 2015, 06:55:47 AM »
Does anybody know what shape the Ishod Formula Fours are?

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #994 on: January 26, 2015, 08:05:14 AM »
Does anybody know what shape the Ishod Formula Fours are?

They're on the Classic shape.

BMCsteve

« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »
I know wide wheels are the current trend but it would be sweet to see some F4 Slims come out

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
I know wide wheels are the current trend but it would be sweet to see some F4 Slims come out
Yes.
I've always been one to prefer a slimmer wheel. An F4 in a slim shape would be an insta-buy for me.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2015, 03:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.
I've always been one to prefer a slimmer wheel. An F4 in a slim shape would be an insta-buy for me.

Unless I'm riding a 58mm+ or something on a big ass board I don't see the appeal of wide or 'full' shapes.

Regular or slim is fine. Everything else just eats up truck real estate.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2015, 07:10:50 PM »
Wider wheels are more resistant to flatspots, offer better grip and turn better. That may sound odd but like cars a wider tire offers a better turn. Those of us who skate slippery parks or destroy a set of wheels in a session have learned to appreciate a wider cut. 

N.L.

« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
Wider wheels are more resistant to flatspots, offer better grip and turn better. That may sound odd but like cars a wider tire offers a better turn. Those of us who skate slippery parks or destroy a set of wheels in a session have learned to appreciate a wider cut. 

Truth.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »

Yeah I definitely get the advantages for some skaters but for my wider wheels are heavier, take up more room on the hanger, take more effort to slide, etc. 

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1001 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:40 AM »
I respect and understand the differences for sure. Have friends that ride the slimmest bones shape and can tell the difference.
I was responding to
Unless I'm riding a 58mm+ or something on a big ass board I don't see the appeal of wide or 'full' shapes.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1002 on: January 27, 2015, 01:14:12 PM »
Yeah, I skate the Bones V3 which are their slimmest profile.  I definitely prefer F4's though.  I think a slim shape would actually do really well

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #1003 on: January 27, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »
Think we'll ever see a lock-in F4? This is the shape I always loved for coping. I think the last ones around were some for AVE

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1004 on: January 27, 2015, 02:34:19 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=68020.msg2280937#msg2280937 date=1422397893
Think we'll ever see a lock-in F4? This is the shape I always loved for coping. I think the last ones around were some for AVE

Maybe if AVE gets a pro edition like how lance has a conical full one out now, they did F1 lock ins right?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #1005 on: January 28, 2015, 06:37:20 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=68020.msg2280937#msg2280937 date=1422397893
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe if AVE gets a pro edition like how lance has a conical full one out now, they did F1 lock ins right?

m477

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1006 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:51 PM »
Not a fan of asymmetrical wheels, I try to make my wheels last a long time by flipping them around when they get coned and differently cut sides bugs me.

Radials look good.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1007 on: January 28, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Just getting out to shops now, assuming it's january we are all pretty slow now so be a bit before anyone is stocking them.

Fukd

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1008 on: February 23, 2015, 08:57:31 PM »
Just wanted to poke my head in and say that I'm really digging my 54mm 101a formula fours. Mostly skated parks with them and they can be a little slick at times, but overall I am very happy with them. I tested them out on a few neighborhood hills and they powerslid so easily. Honestly it was kind of scary because I didn't seem to lose any speed at all. Unfortunatly they chunked on me, but I hit up LennyDLXSF, and he was able to get me a replacement set. Excited to skate these wheels, and grab the 99a next time around. I don't see myself ever riding a pair of non-spitfire wheels. Thanks again Reed!

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #1009 on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:59 AM »
Wanted another set of PFC wheels but they don't have my size in stock, so i got a set of f4's...interested to see how they feel. although i have no clue when i'll skate again since this weather is bonkers.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1010 on: February 24, 2015, 07:34:20 AM »
Just wanted to poke my head in and say that I'm really digging my 54mm 101a formula fours. Mostly skated parks with them and they can be a little slick at times, but overall I am very happy with them. I tested them out on a few neighborhood hills and they powerslid so easily. Honestly it was kind of scary because I didn't seem to lose any speed at all. Unfortunatly they chunked on me, but I hit up LennyDLXSF, and he was able to get me a replacement set. Excited to skate these wheels, and grab the 99a next time around. I don't see myself ever riding a pair of non-spitfire wheels. Thanks again Reed!

Glad you are enjoying the new set!

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1011 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
riding 54mm F4 101's after being on Welcome wheels for a few months. They immediately feel smoother and faster.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1012 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »

I will say this, for guys who like bones but also like them to slide a bit more like spitfires, get coloured formula's, for some strange reason they seem to slide way better than the standard white. (would be curious to know if anyone agree's with me & could possibly explain why that is?)

i was looking over this thread and due to a miss click end on this page.

its not just you, colored bones slide and feel better, buddy of mine felt the same way with his his yellow homoki stfs and me with my greeen schroder spfs...this was two years or so ago tho.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1013 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »
so far, after the pre-release f4's, I've only had two sets and they never had any issues

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1014 on: March 30, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote

I will say this, for guys who like bones but also like them to slide a bit more like spitfires, get coloured formula's, for some strange reason they seem to slide way better than the standard white. (would be curious to know if anyone agree's with me & could possibly explain why that is?)

[close]

i was looking over this thread and due to a miss click end on this page.

its not just you, colored bones slide and feel better, buddy of mine felt the same way with his his yellow homoki stfs and me with my greeen schroder spfs...this was two years or so ago tho.

I had the homoki yellows and slid them until a massive flatspot ruined it. They were my fav wheels until I got wrecks, not Im back on STF

shotformeat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1015 on: April 24, 2015, 05:22:39 AM »
I wouldn't normally bother with this, but I recently got some 52mm Luan Conical F4's, only skated to the shops on them twice and they chunked on me already and that really doesn't seem right to me. The last set of F4's I had were great and lasted months. I live in London, UK though and not quite sure who is best to contact with this? Any help much appreciated!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1016 on: April 24, 2015, 05:42:10 AM »
I wouldn't normally bother with this, but I recently got some 52mm Luan Conical F4's, only skated to the shops on them twice and they chunked on me already and that really doesn't seem right to me. The last set of F4's I had were great and lasted months. I live in London, UK though and not quite sure who is best to contact with this? Any help much appreciated!

Man, quit being a pussy and ride with that shit, that small little thing doesnt affect anything! You sound like a baby.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fangen

« Reply #1017 on: April 24, 2015, 05:58:25 AM »

skate it out, bitch.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1018 on: April 24, 2015, 07:00:55 AM »
I see what your saying, but man, skate down a hill and do some reverts and or over some tight packed cobbles stones, "problem"solved. We got rough ground in Canada and shitty sidewalks too and every set of wheels i ride does this(usually in the first few days) and the performance is NOT effected. No sense wasting a perfectly good set of new wheels. Amazing wheels at that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:04:07 AM by perverted super otaku! »

shotformeat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1019 on: April 24, 2015, 07:29:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I see what your saying, but man, skate down a hill and do some reverts and or over some tight packed cobbles stones, "problem"solved. We got rough ground in Canada and shitty sidewalks too and every set of wheels i ride does this(usually in the first few days) and the performance is NOT effected. No sense wasting a perfectly good set of new wheels. Amazing wheels at that.

You're right, like I said it wouldn't normally bother me, just seemed a bit off when it happened after 10-15 minutes only skating down the street! Never happened to any wheels I had before, I'd normally expect a bit more wear before this sort of thing. I guess London has a lot to answer for tbh!