Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 216324 times)

Allen. and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slapshakle

• Rep: 5
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1110 on: August 16, 2015, 06:58:24 PM »
Shout out to Reed @ DLX. Cheers man!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #1111 on: August 16, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »
Some classic shape 99a's in 55mm need to happen. I'd ride the fuck out of those.

That's basically what these are, only .5mm bigger: http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=47569

Go bomb a hill and power slide a bunch and they are 55s.

I'm riding them right now. Nice wheels.

or

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=59545

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #1112 on: August 17, 2015, 04:01:10 PM »
After a month of skating the 99A conical full, it's safe to say that, indeed, they are too sticky. Other than that, the wheel is perfect so next time I'll switch it up too 101 A classic full to see how they feel.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1113 on: August 17, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
After a month of skating the 99A conical full, it's safe to say that, indeed, they are too sticky. Other than that, the wheel is perfect so next time I'll switch it up too 101 A classic full to see how they feel.

Depending on what size you ride, the difference between conical full and classic full is pretty negligible

http://spitfirewheels.com/formulafour/

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1114 on: August 17, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »

Depending on what size you ride, the difference between conical full and classic full is pretty negligible

I ride 52s so that means classic full are even wider. I guess I have to try the conical 101a ?

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1115 on: August 17, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »
My main problem is in the tranny section of my local park, we have this tall quarter pipe and I was trying to do reverts on it but I kept getting stuck halfway through the ''trick''... probably my fault but I just like to blame it on something else.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1116 on: August 17, 2015, 07:00:51 PM »

I ride 52s so that means classic full are even wider. I guess I have to try the conical 101a ?

If .5 mm is going to fuck your ocd, yes, conicals in 101a ;) otherwise, the slide quality of the 101a vs the 99s is significant a wider 101a will slide better than a narrower 99a (within a few mm), at least that's what it felt like to me.

Is that 1/4p slick (doesn't look it)? I was doing alleyoop/cess slides with 101s in a bowl, 99a I struggled with them (doable but too much more effort).

What's bizarre is after riding V5 STFs, which I flatspotted, I find them a nice middle ground between the 99a and 101a spits and they are nearly identical to the spit classic shape.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:05:01 PM by Xen »

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1117 on: August 17, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »

If .5 mm is going to fuck your ocd, yes, conicals in 101a ;) otherwise, the slide quality of the 101a vs the 99s is significant a wider 101a will slide better than a narrower 99a (within a few mm), at least that's what it felt like to me.

Is that 1/4p slick (doesn't look it)? I was doing alleyoop/cess slides with 101s in a bowl, 99a I struggled with them (doable but too much more effort).

What's bizarre is after riding V5 STFs, which I flatspotted, I find them a nice middle ground between the 99a and 101a spits and they are nearly identical to the spit classic shape.

I'm not OCD at all, I just like wider wheels mostly because I live in a city that has the shittiest ground so wide wheels offer a smoother ride.

The 1/4 feels like pretty much every other concrete park I've skated. I'm new in this city so it's the first set of wheels that I skate at that park so I really compare with other brands. That being said, I've been riding polar wheels (creative urethane) for the past 2 years, and doing reverts on concrete tranny we're easier than with the F4s.

Again, I'm just being hard on spitfire, the wheels are all around great and I would recommend them to anyone. But, if you're going to claim to have reinvented the wheel, I will be a tougher critic.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1118 on: August 18, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »

I'm not OCD at all, I just like wider wheels mostly because I live in a city that has the shittiest ground so wide wheels offer a smoother ride.

The 1/4 feels like pretty much every other concrete park I've skated. I'm new in this city so it's the first set of wheels that I skate at that park so I really compare with other brands. That being said, I've been riding polar wheels (creative urethane) for the past 2 years, and doing reverts on concrete tranny we're easier than with the F4s.

Again, I'm just being hard on spitfire, the wheels are all around great and I would recommend them to anyone. But, if you're going to claim to have reinvented the wheel, I will be a tougher critic.

Do you like those wheels? I gave some to a friend of mine in his birthday and havent saw a wheel burn as fast as those. in 2 months they gone from 52 to 45 and are conning like hell. He's not any pro material and barelly does powerslides...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1119 on: August 18, 2015, 05:39:42 AM »

Do you like those wheels? I gave some to a friend of mine in his birthday and havent saw a wheel burn as fast as those. in 2 months they gone from 52 to 45 and are conning like hell. He's not any pro material and barelly does powerslides...

Yeah they did conned and burned quickly, but I was getting them at cost price (16$ compared to 50$ for spits in canada) so I kept buying a new pair every 5-6 months

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1120 on: August 19, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »
I have 56mm 101a Conical Fulls, and they slide much better than the 52mm 99a classic shapes I had. The classic shape 101a is way to slippery for me, but the conical fulls in 101 are a perfect ratio of slide to grip. The only think I don't like about them is that because they're wider, I get wheelbite more easily.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #1121 on: August 27, 2015, 08:04:32 AM »
are the recent Busenitz F4s just regular classics with his name on them?  or are they special/shaped in some other way?

sub-question:  do guys get money from wheels with their name on them?
hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1122 on: August 27, 2015, 09:13:33 AM »
are the recent Busenitz F4s just regular classics with his name on them?  or are they special/shaped in some other way?

sub-question:  do guys get money from wheels with their name on them?

Regular old classics.

One would hope that pros get a royalty on wheels sold with their name on the.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:40:16 AM by Xen »

Randozzi

« Reply #1123 on: August 28, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
The Donnelly wheels are a different shape, don't remember what it called but the riding surface is wider than the classics but less than the conical. They look pretty nice.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1124 on: August 28, 2015, 09:40:33 AM »
The Donnelly wheels are a different shape, don't remember what it called but the riding surface is wider than the classics but less than the conical. They look pretty nice.

They're conicals.

http://spitfirewheels.com/

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #1125 on: October 14, 2015, 11:41:30 PM »
Lenny, how much longer on the slim radials?

Greg

• Rep: -42
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE //
« Reply #1126 on: October 15, 2015, 03:52:26 AM »
hands down some of the worst wheels I've ever skated

slides for literally no reason
eliminates ability to make sharp turns
if the ground is wet your wheels turn into butter
miss a 50-50 on a ledge, i dare you

they feel like i have rocks attached to my board
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 73
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1127 on: October 15, 2015, 07:46:10 AM »

They are literally just about to go into production!

I'd say maybe a week or two before they are available for shops/distros to purchase, and a week or two after that until they arrive at shops (depending on location obviously).

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #1128 on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:11 AM »

what duro were you skating? i definitely slipped out a lot on the 101's, but the 99's have yet to be a problem for me. i switched to the conical full shape as well and i've never looked back.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1129 on: October 15, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »

101's are slippery in a dusty park but great on the street.  Also, you have to break wheels in before you can really judge them.  They wont be as slippery after a few sessions

BMCsteve

« Reply #1130 on: October 15, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »

I'd say maybe a week or two before they are available for shops/distros to purchase, and a week or two after that until they arrive at shops (depending on location obviously).

Beyond hyped on this.  I'll be picking up sets for both of my setups as soon as they come out.  Great call on doing the Radials as a slim first.  Definitely my favorite shape you guys have.  They've always just been a little too wide for me

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #1131 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:57 AM »

Beyond hyped on this.  I'll be picking up sets for both of my setups as soon as they come out.  Great call on doing the Radials as a slim first.  Definitely my favorite shape you guys have.  They've always just been a little too wide for me

Hallelujah.

Why did I think it would take more than two weeks to make a bunch of wheels? They don't make them by hand.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #1132 on: October 15, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
looks like there already giving people samples of a slimmer version to test;

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: October 15, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
We have yet to see the profile in a photo. Hopefully they are narrower than classics.

Was hoping for the Daewon shape.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #1134 on: October 15, 2015, 06:47:50 PM »
We have yet to see the profile in a photo. Hopefully they are narrower than classics.

Was hoping for the Daewon shape.

yeah woulda been nice to see a side view of the wheels
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1135 on: October 15, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »
Hey lenny, very small percentage kinda question but any plans for a conical full swirl/full colour in a 53mm?  ;)

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1136 on: October 15, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
Been waiting for a slimmer F4 for a while now, can't wait. I'm a big fan of the V3 STFs, so if they're anything similar to that then it'll probably be all I ever buy from now on.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #1137 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:14 PM »
has there been a formula one?

4wheels

« Reply #1138 on: October 15, 2015, 11:31:06 PM »
Been waiting for a slimmer F4 for a while now, can't wait. I'm a big fan of the V3 STFs, so if they're anything similar to that then it'll probably be all I ever buy from now on.
ive been riding the 50mm v3 for about 10 sets. dying to try these out

drasp

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1139 on: October 16, 2015, 04:44:08 AM »
Been riding 54mm 99a Classic shape F4s & LOVE them. I want to try another F4 variant for another "flavor". Was thinking 101a Conical Fulls for something on the other end of the scale. . . Sounds like more than a few of you finding the extra riding surface compliments the harder compound?