Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 217078 times)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1200 on: November 09, 2015, 06:25:00 AM »
I just don't like how the width on Spitfires jumps by 2mm when you go from 54s to 55s. Not every brand does this. I know at some point stability and lateral strength become an issue so you can't make super skinny 60mm wheels, but it's a bummer that to get a slightly bigger diameter you are forced to get a bulkier wheel.

No1knows

• Rep: -43
« Reply #1201 on: November 13, 2015, 04:43:29 AM »
Damn I just read 20 pages of that topic and I finally found what wheelies of the F4 im gonna get.
Someone posted that link to purchase cheap spits but I cant seem to find the Tablet... Someone ?
Edit: Are they like the Classic <<full>> or Conical <<full>>
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=1955&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:50:22 AM by No1knows »
hi.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1202 on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:25 AM »
Damn I just read 20 pages of that topic and I finally found what wheelies of the F4 im gonna get.
Someone posted that link to purchase cheap spits but I cant seem to find the Tablet... Someone ?
Edit: Are they like the Classic <<full>> or Conical <<full>>
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=1955&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc

I believe the tablets were similar to the Conical Full but without the sidecut

No1knows

« Reply #1203 on: November 13, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
Thank you fam.
Anyways is there really a big difference between the sidecut and without ?
hi.

BMCsteve

« Reply #1204 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:36 PM »
Thank you fam.
Anyways is there really a big difference between the sidecut and without ?

No difference at all other than "reduced weight" which I'm assuming is about as much as a clipping of grass

No1knows

« Reply #1205 on: November 13, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
Cool Thanks yo.
After a full day of lurking online I finally know which one im getting.
good timing after getting a complete stolen at the bar. fuuuu
hi.

skate_spbr

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1206 on: November 17, 2015, 08:20:13 AM »
I need to ask everyone here a question because I'm about to give up on Spitfires for good which sucks because I've always ridden them and they're my favorite wheels...I'm regular and for some reason my back, toe side wheel always cones/gets worn down way faster than the other three. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Right now I'm riding the 53mm/99a "What, Me Spit?" and it happened so fast. I flipped it over and it coned again. I don't do a lot of powerslides, and admittedly the ground here is pretty rough (even the formula fours that I've had have worn out really quick!) I skate once or twice a week, usually for a few hours, and I feel that a set of wheels should last me a lot longer than Spitfires have been lately. I've had this set for a month and a half and the size difference in the one wheel is huge, not to mention all of the chunks and divots missing out of them from the rough ground...
Try other brands and find what is more suitable for your skating.
Everybody has his own preferences or they way to ride a board, what suits for some doesn't necessarily suits for you.
Wheels are like shoes, trucks or board you don't need to follow everybody and use the same products as the others if it doesn't suits your needs.
Try different brands and eventually you'll find out that Spitfire are not the best for you, or on the contrary that they are the best for your skating.
I love Toy Machine, but never find a shape that I licked, suited my needs so I've never rode any toy machine board.
dude, don't lick boards, it's gross
Skate Sempre.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1207 on: November 17, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
I need to ask everyone here a question because I'm about to give up on Spitfires for good which sucks because I've always ridden them and they're my favorite wheels...I'm regular and for some reason my back, toe side wheel always cones/gets worn down way faster than the other three. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Right now I'm riding the 53mm/99a "What, Me Spit?" and it happened so fast. I flipped it over and it coned again. I don't do a lot of powerslides, and admittedly the ground here is pretty rough (even the formula fours that I've had have worn out really quick!) I skate once or twice a week, usually for a few hours, and I feel that a set of wheels should last me a lot longer than Spitfires have been lately. I've had this set for a month and a half and the size difference in the one wheel is huge, not to mention all of the chunks and divots missing out of them from the rough ground...
Try other brands and find what is more suitable for your skating.
Everybody has his own preferences or they way to ride a board, what suits for some doesn't necessarily suits for you.
Wheels are like shoes, trucks or board you don't need to follow everybody and use the same products as the others if it doesn't suits your needs.
Try different brands and eventually you'll find out that Spitfire are not the best for you, or on the contrary that they are the best for your skating.
I love Toy Machine, but never find a shape that I licked, suited my needs so I've never rode any toy machine board.
dude, don't lick boards, it's gross
Everybody has his perversions. Don't judge me :'(
What is yours?

darbuzz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1208 on: November 22, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »
Right guys straight up best all around , 101 or 99 classics?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #1209 on: November 22, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »
Right guys straight up best all around , 101 or 99 classics?
At my shop we sell the 99's 5 to 1 over the 101's.

N.L.

« Reply #1210 on: November 22, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
Really curious about the 101s but can't bring myself to take the risk as the 99s are so good...

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #1211 on: November 22, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
The 99's are far superior to the 101's. Especially if you get a shape like the conical fulls, the wider surface just adds to the grippy nature of that urethane

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #1212 on: November 23, 2015, 05:25:06 AM »
The 99's are far superior to the 101's. Especially if you get a shape like the conical fulls, the wider surface just adds to the grippy nature of that urethane

i am very surprised to see people wanting extra grip on their wheels. i always thought that skaters were after the harder wheels because these wheels are easy to revert after a failed 180 or 360 and kind of cheat and still land the trick. plus its easier to powerslide with harder wheels. they also sound much better than the dead sound the soft ones make. i always thought soft wheels are used in complete price-point set ups sold at jock shops. i really dont wanna sound funny here but in my whole life i have never seen anyone prefer soft wheels over hard ones. actually only seen this once with some swedish brand ("sweet skateboards"- now "sour solutions" or something) producing softer wheels to bear the freezing temperatures in their country. interesting find as i kept wondering how come all spitfire pro models are 99 duro. crazy. sorry for my poor english - i hope i make sense
Chusticiero/Fuma chustas - Person who smokes the end of the joint.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #1213 on: November 23, 2015, 05:40:44 AM »

i am very surprised to see people wanting extra grip on their wheels. i always thought that skaters were after the harder wheels because these wheels are easy to revert after a failed 180 or 360 and kind of cheat and still land the trick. plus its easier to powerslide with harder wheels. they also sound much better than the dead sound the soft ones make. i always thought soft wheels are used in complete price-point set ups sold at jock shops. i really dont wanna sound funny here but in my whole life i have never seen anyone prefer soft wheels over hard ones. actually only seen this once with some swedish brand ("sweet skateboards"- now "sour solutions" or something) producing softer wheels to bear the freezing temperatures in their country. interesting find as i kept wondering how come all spitfire pro models are 99 duro. crazy. sorry for my poor english - i hope i make sense

99 isn't a pudding duro.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #1214 on: November 23, 2015, 06:13:50 AM »

99 isn't a pudding duro.

to be honest i have never tried the 99d but some other brands' 98d (i think) for example was too soft. to the point that i even felt to be slowed down when doing manuals. it was probably in my head and i fully respect most people's choice. still though, i would go for the hardest i could find. i wish they were making some 103d haha
Chusticiero/Fuma chustas - Person who smokes the end of the joint.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1215 on: November 23, 2015, 07:24:21 AM »
Just cuz a wheel is harder doesn't automatically mean that it's easier to slide with. Don't believe me? Wreck wheels. Nuff said.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #1216 on: November 23, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
As a fat guy, I like the 101 classics. I've had classic, conical, and conical full 99s and they all felt sluggish.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #1217 on: November 23, 2015, 04:10:10 PM »
99s slide just fine without compromising grip, I've skate both 99s and 101s and prefer the 99s

darbuzz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1218 on: November 24, 2015, 04:24:09 AM »
Thanks guys!

ferraveemo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1219 on: November 24, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
I've been stoked on my radials lately. had to step down a couple millimeters because there a little too wide, especially when set up with 149's. I've also noticed some homies classics lately, they tend to widened after awhile. they seem to always go on sale so I'll go scoop some for the low to see how they compare.

Anyone else find the 99's to wear out quickly?

N.L.

« Reply #1220 on: November 24, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
i like the way they wear. i tend to buy my wheels a mm or two bigger than the ideal for that reason.

i'm riding some classic shape f4s right now that  are close to being sub 50mm but they're so good i can't bring myself to put new wheels on and i generally like big wheels.

TatoConyo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1221 on: December 26, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
Got my first pair of formula 4s (53mm 99 duro conical shape) after years of skating stfs, ive skated these wheels 2 times and i dont ever see myself going back to bones.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1222 on: December 28, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »
Got my first pair of formula 4s (53mm 99 duro conical shape) after years of skating stfs, ive skated these wheels 2 times and i dont ever see myself going back to bones.

same. got a pair of 54 conicals on cyber monday and after probably 4-5 years of STF's I don't think I'll go back unless I see some crazy neon green adam dyet wheels on a clearance rack somewhere
good come sausage

No1knows

« Reply #1223 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:41 AM »
Just got the 99 classic 52 mm.
Kinda of a bummer since I usually skate over 54 mm but they were the last one with the 101 52 mm classic.
Can't wait to try em out !!
hi.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1224 on: December 31, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
Cool Thanks yo.
After a full day of lurking online I finally know which one im getting.
good timing after getting a complete stolen at the bar. fuuuu

i skate to my local jawn all the time and i'm waiting for the day it mysteriously disappears
good come sausage

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1225 on: December 31, 2015, 03:53:57 PM »
I'm currently running some purple Ishod 53 classic 99's, basically because that was the biggest FF they had at my local. I skate bowls and transition 99 percent of the time, with some of the bowls around here going on 20 years old and unsealed, rough as. I've had them for about 9 months and they are now sub 50, but still feel awesome!
Like someone said earlier, it's not like they reinvented the wheel, but they are a pretty solid all rounder.

N.L.

« Reply #1226 on: January 01, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »
I'm currently running some purple Ishod 53 classic 99's, basically because that was the biggest FF they had at my local. I skate bowls and transition 99 percent of the time, with some of the bowls around here going on 20 years old and unsealed, rough as. I've had them for about 9 months and they are now sub 50, but still feel awesome!
Like someone said earlier, it's not like they reinvented the wheel, but they are a pretty solid all rounder.

same. i usually skate 56s but i had some 54s F4 99as that i wore down to sub 50 and they were still amazing. it actually made a nice change to have such low ride.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1227 on: January 02, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »
Has anyone skated the full conical f4? Thinking of switching up the shape but sticking with spits

N.L.

« Reply #1228 on: January 02, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
I'm not too picky about shape but the conical fulls seem to have a bit more grip and lock onto coping nicely. Probably last a little longer also. Good shit.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1229 on: January 02, 2016, 08:15:08 PM »
Has anyone skated the full conical f4? Thinking of switching up the shape but sticking with spits

Been on my set over a year & love em, but some dudes have said they're outrageously wide. If that doesn't sound like your thing, try the standard conicals then if you're into it bump up to the conical full