Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689543 times)

B-Rad is the Raddest, Filip (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Esquivel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1200 on: November 23, 2015, 05:25:06 AM »
The 99's are far superior to the 101's. Especially if you get a shape like the conical fulls, the wider surface just adds to the grippy nature of that urethane

i am very surprised to see people wanting extra grip on their wheels. i always thought that skaters were after the harder wheels because these wheels are easy to revert after a failed 180 or 360 and kind of cheat and still land the trick. plus its easier to powerslide with harder wheels. they also sound much better than the dead sound the soft ones make. i always thought soft wheels are used in complete price-point set ups sold at jock shops. i really dont wanna sound funny here but in my whole life i have never seen anyone prefer soft wheels over hard ones. actually only seen this once with some swedish brand ("sweet skateboards"- now "sour solutions" or something) producing softer wheels to bear the freezing temperatures in their country. interesting find as i kept wondering how come all spitfire pro models are 99 duro. crazy. sorry for my poor english - i hope i make sense
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1201 on: November 23, 2015, 05:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote
The 99's are far superior to the 101's. Especially if you get a shape like the conical fulls, the wider surface just adds to the grippy nature of that urethane
[close]

i am very surprised to see people wanting extra grip on their wheels. i always thought that skaters were after the harder wheels because these wheels are easy to revert after a failed 180 or 360 and kind of cheat and still land the trick. plus its easier to powerslide with harder wheels. they also sound much better than the dead sound the soft ones make. i always thought soft wheels are used in complete price-point set ups sold at jock shops. i really dont wanna sound funny here but in my whole life i have never seen anyone prefer soft wheels over hard ones. actually only seen this once with some swedish brand ("sweet skateboards"- now "sour solutions" or something) producing softer wheels to bear the freezing temperatures in their country. interesting find as i kept wondering how come all spitfire pro models are 99 duro. crazy. sorry for my poor english - i hope i make sense

99 isn't a pudding duro.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1202 on: November 23, 2015, 06:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

99 isn't a pudding duro.

to be honest i have never tried the 99d but some other brands' 98d (i think) for example was too soft. to the point that i even felt to be slowed down when doing manuals. it was probably in my head and i fully respect most people's choice. still though, i would go for the hardest i could find. i wish they were making some 103d haha
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1203 on: November 23, 2015, 07:24:21 AM »
Just cuz a wheel is harder doesn't automatically mean that it's easier to slide with. Don't believe me? Wreck wheels. Nuff said.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #1204 on: November 23, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
As a fat guy, I like the 101 classics. I've had classic, conical, and conical full 99s and they all felt sluggish.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1205 on: November 23, 2015, 04:10:10 PM »
99s slide just fine without compromising grip, I've skate both 99s and 101s and prefer the 99s

darbuzz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1206 on: November 24, 2015, 04:24:09 AM »
Thanks guys!

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1207 on: November 24, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
I've been stoked on my radials lately. had to step down a couple millimeters because there a little too wide, especially when set up with 149's. I've also noticed some homies classics lately, they tend to widened after awhile. they seem to always go on sale so I'll go scoop some for the low to see how they compare.

Anyone else find the 99's to wear out quickly?

N.L.

« Reply #1208 on: November 24, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
i like the way they wear. i tend to buy my wheels a mm or two bigger than the ideal for that reason.

i'm riding some classic shape f4s right now that  are close to being sub 50mm but they're so good i can't bring myself to put new wheels on and i generally like big wheels.

TatoConyo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1209 on: December 26, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
Got my first pair of formula 4s (53mm 99 duro conical shape) after years of skating stfs, ive skated these wheels 2 times and i dont ever see myself going back to bones.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1210 on: December 28, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »
Got my first pair of formula 4s (53mm 99 duro conical shape) after years of skating stfs, ive skated these wheels 2 times and i dont ever see myself going back to bones.

same. got a pair of 54 conicals on cyber monday and after probably 4-5 years of STF's I don't think I'll go back unless I see some crazy neon green adam dyet wheels on a clearance rack somewhere
good come sausage

No1knows

• Rep: -43
« Reply #1211 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:41 AM »
Just got the 99 classic 52 mm.
Kinda of a bummer since I usually skate over 54 mm but they were the last one with the 101 52 mm classic.
Can't wait to try em out !!
hi.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1212 on: December 31, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
Cool Thanks yo.
After a full day of lurking online I finally know which one im getting.
good timing after getting a complete stolen at the bar. fuuuu

i skate to my local jawn all the time and i'm waiting for the day it mysteriously disappears
good come sausage

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1213 on: December 31, 2015, 03:53:57 PM »
I'm currently running some purple Ishod 53 classic 99's, basically because that was the biggest FF they had at my local. I skate bowls and transition 99 percent of the time, with some of the bowls around here going on 20 years old and unsealed, rough as. I've had them for about 9 months and they are now sub 50, but still feel awesome!
Like someone said earlier, it's not like they reinvented the wheel, but they are a pretty solid all rounder.

N.L.

« Reply #1214 on: January 01, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »
I'm currently running some purple Ishod 53 classic 99's, basically because that was the biggest FF they had at my local. I skate bowls and transition 99 percent of the time, with some of the bowls around here going on 20 years old and unsealed, rough as. I've had them for about 9 months and they are now sub 50, but still feel awesome!
Like someone said earlier, it's not like they reinvented the wheel, but they are a pretty solid all rounder.

same. i usually skate 56s but i had some 54s F4 99as that i wore down to sub 50 and they were still amazing. it actually made a nice change to have such low ride.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1215 on: January 02, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »
Has anyone skated the full conical f4? Thinking of switching up the shape but sticking with spits

N.L.

« Reply #1216 on: January 02, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
I'm not too picky about shape but the conical fulls seem to have a bit more grip and lock onto coping nicely. Probably last a little longer also. Good shit.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1217 on: January 02, 2016, 08:15:08 PM »
Has anyone skated the full conical f4? Thinking of switching up the shape but sticking with spits

Been on my set over a year & love em, but some dudes have said they're outrageously wide. If that doesn't sound like your thing, try the standard conicals then if you're into it bump up to the conical full

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1218 on: January 02, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
Sweet! I've been trying to get into vert, mostly qp's and bowls. But I still wanted to be able skate street.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1219 on: January 03, 2016, 12:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Been on my set over a year & love em, but some dudes have said they're outrageously wide. If that doesn't sound like your thing, try the standard conicals then if you're into it bump up to the conical full

the only reason why i can't get into conical's is when they wear out. they square out even more that they already do. i'm assuming the radial slims fixed the too much width issue but i haven't tried them or it gives you an option to have a good amount of width without having too much. for me the radials is just like the classics after you've broken them in and skated them for some time. it gives you a broken-in shape.

Hannity

« Reply #1220 on: January 03, 2016, 04:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

same. i happen to love very fat wheels- i said fuck it and got the 58mms. wider riding surface makes me feel more stable, especially on bad terrain. but some people aren't into it.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1221 on: January 17, 2016, 07:49:17 AM »
had to see what all the hype was about with these wheels and they are incredible. fast and smooth. and they feel strangely light, like your board is almost floating at times. bearings pop in and out easily, which is a major plus as well. do they ride like this the whole time or only when new? that's my only worry.

N.L.

« Reply #1222 on: January 17, 2016, 04:43:46 PM »
They stay good. I usually ride big wheels but I had a set of F4s that started off at 54mm and I rode down to about 49mm. Just couldn't bring myself to take them off as they felt great the whole way. I rotate my wheels every few weeks but these wore pretty evenly anyway... Still yet to flatspot any F4s and I've been riding nothing but these wheels for a few years now. Classics and Conical Fulls.

Xtal

« Reply #1223 on: January 17, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
Always went with the Classic 101a 54mm and now I'm trying out some 99a's since indoor parks are slippery as shit. Fucking hate winter...

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1224 on: January 29, 2016, 11:00:48 PM »
These things took a fucking beating, only had to replace them due to a shoot out that took a chunk out of my wheel

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1225 on: January 30, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »
SPITFIRE FORMULA FOURS ARE THE BEST FUCKING WHEELS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

don't be an idiot and get some

Dengles

« Reply #1226 on: January 30, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »
Well it's indoor park time for the next several weeks and even my 101s are slipping less than bones ever did for me. 

foureyedjim

« Reply #1227 on: January 30, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »
I still have my first set of F4s

I BOUGHT THEM WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT...all other wheels are obsolete, I'm sorry.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1228 on: February 05, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
I have the 101's and I love them. The classic shape 101 is really slippery (IMO) but the extra width makes up for it. By so far my favorite wheels I've ever had. You can slide them pretty easily, but I've ridden them in some slick indoor skateparks and they felt fine there too. The definition of happy medium for me.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1229 on: February 19, 2016, 11:08:53 PM »
I've had 3 sets, flatspotted one, and recently got a small piece knocked out small of piece from these. I agree they are the best wheels out. I have some welcome orbs on my set up now, i'm not liking them as much as my last 3 sets of F4's. I just ordered another set, but my fat ass wears these wheels down i guess.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:11:04 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.