Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689443 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1230 on: February 19, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »
I've had 3 sets, flatspotted one, and recently got a small piece knocked out small of piece from these. I agree they are the best wheels out. I have some welcome orbs on my set up now, i'm not liking them as much as my last 3 sets of F4's. I just ordered another set, but my fat ass wears these wheels down i guess.

Honestly, going from these to any other wheels jut messes your expectation. Tried some Autobahn wheels and they blow them off the water.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

starwars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #1231 on: February 20, 2016, 07:03:50 AM »
Has anyone seen the radial slims in a 51...anywhere?

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1232 on: February 22, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

The smallest we make them is 52mm, at the moment.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1233 on: February 22, 2016, 12:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Please make a 51mm. Thanks.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1234 on: February 22, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'll make sure that the request is noted :-*

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1235 on: February 22, 2016, 01:08:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'll make sure that the request is noted :-*

Awesome. Is there Radial Slims 51mm available now? I don't see a 51mm in the Spring 2016 catalog.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1236 on: February 22, 2016, 01:50:25 PM »
I've had 3 sets, flatspotted one, and recently got a small piece knocked out small of piece from these. I agree they are the best wheels out. I have some welcome orbs on my set up now, i'm not liking them as much as my last 3 sets of F4's. I just ordered another set, but my fat ass wears these wheels down i guess.

That has literally happened on all but one set of F4s I've ever had. In the exact same spot too, the outer corner area. I actually posted about it on slap somewhere years ago and Lenny or someone actually hit ME up offering replacements. Stand up customer service quality as usual. The replacement set I got was great, but ended up having the same thing happen to them eventually a little down the road. Then a set I bought after that had the same happen within the first week too. DLX said if I ever have problems again to contact them whenever to let them know, but I decided not to, I just didn't want to keep bothering them over something this small and feel like a hassle, plus the wheels still skated fine, the missing chunk doesn't effect the ride of the wheel at all. It has happened on just about every set of F4s I've had since then somewhere down the road though, but i generally don't pay too much mind to it unless its a huge chunk. I used to have gnarly gear OCD a couple years back, but have since learned to just stop caring as much. I used to freak out over stuff like this or over dirty griptape or little board chips, these days, not as much.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:54:34 PM by Noble Experiment »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1237 on: February 22, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »
While lenny's around taking in requests, might as well ask for something i've been pining for since the release of the conical fulls.
somewhere down the pipeline would you guys bring out a colored conical full in a 53mm, i've seen them in other sizes and shapes but i like me a 53 too much to scale up or down, i just wanna mash em up a la lance mountain style.
xo  :-*.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1238 on: February 22, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »
A while back i was at the park after not skating for almost a month, i was trying back 3s on a bank and i couldnt get the slide right(with different wheels).

I went back the next day with a different set up with formula fours and man i could slide the last part of them perfect.

I got hit up about replacing my wheels too, which is pretty cool.

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

N.L.

« Reply #1239 on: February 22, 2016, 08:10:55 PM »
While lenny's around taking in requests,

Colored F4s in bigger sizes. 54+....

I want a classic 54-56mm in orange.

Loved orange spits in the late 90s...

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1240 on: February 22, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
i think i might get another pair of spits since bones stf are hard as fuck to find in my preference, some of the new shapes look nice.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1241 on: February 23, 2016, 01:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That has literally happened on all but one set of F4s I've ever had. In the exact same spot too, the outer corner area. I actually posted about it on slap somewhere years ago and Lenny or someone actually hit ME up offering replacements. Stand up customer service quality as usual. The replacement set I got was great, but ended up having the same thing happen to them eventually a little down the road. Then a set I bought after that had the same happen within the first week too. DLX said if I ever have problems again to contact them whenever to let them know, but I decided not to, I just didn't want to keep bothering them over something this small and feel like a hassle, plus the wheels still skated fine, the missing chunk doesn't effect the ride of the wheel at all. It has happened on just about every set of F4s I've had since then somewhere down the road though, but i generally don't pay too much mind to it unless its a huge chunk. I used to have gnarly gear OCD a couple years back, but have since learned to just stop caring as much. I used to freak out over stuff like this or over dirty griptape or little board chips, these days, not as much.

same thing has happened to all the sets of f4s i've ridden and as you said it does not effect the ride. the place i mostly skate has blocks with angle iron and i mostly blame its sharpness for those chips
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1242 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »
SLIM
you never know about pre-cum 

glutton.

« Reply #1243 on: April 11, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
Expand Quote
While lenny's around taking in requests,
[close]

Colored F4s in bigger sizes. 54+....

I want a classic 54-56mm in orange.

Loved orange spits in the late 90s...
I had a pair of orange ones as well as a light blue set. I thought they were 54 mm, but they were probably 52-53 mm. I'm probably on my 15-20th set, but I skate a bunch of crusty shit. The only other wheels I had in between my F4s were a set of PFC. I've always been a Deluxe fan since I started skateboarding, so I hated having to buy Bones STF a couple years ago.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1244 on: April 11, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »
Need to get some of those Reynolds in 53mm.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1245 on: April 11, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »
felt stupid throwing away four months old regular classic shape spits(non f4's). they were only worn down on the back truck where most of the wear from power slides are taken. has anyone on here rotate their wheels as say like cars do every certain amount of miles. as say months or sometime after they've put them on their set-up? ever since i've gotten regular spits, i've been into how they look after being worn down, surprisingly they don't cone like bones do.

I got a pair of f4 classic 99a full shape and radials 101a sitting. my first pair of f4's were the 99a radials and they ride smooth but starting to get all square but it wears pretty evenly.

^^^satori's post about rotating skate wheels to extend the life of it.

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1246 on: April 11, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »
Anyone ever had one wheel wear down insanely fast? On every board i've ever rode the back heel one wears down the quickest, but on my current 52mm f4 classics, the front heel has worn down insanely fast. I feel like it has to be a defect.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1247 on: April 11, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »
SLIM

STOPPPPPPPPPP

they did it.  this is it.  there's just no reason to buy anything else other than a Formula Four at this point

if you go somewhere many pages back, you'll see my wish for slim ones, and goddammit, they did it.  i cannot wait to try a set.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1248 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »
SLIM

where'd you see these? i wanna try em out
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1249 on: April 12, 2016, 12:58:53 AM »
^ Wish i could get my hands on those but it's propably going to take a year atleast for them to arrive here upnorth ;(
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1250 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:34 AM »
Those slims out yet? Definitely wanna try some after my current set of F4s wear down

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1251 on: April 12, 2016, 05:54:27 AM »
Anyone ever had one wheel wear down insanely fast? On every board i've ever rode the back heel one wears down the quickest, but on my current 52mm f4 classics, the front heel has worn down insanely fast. I feel like it has to be a defect.

goddamit. this is another one of those I refuse to believe this is a serious question questions.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1252 on: April 12, 2016, 08:53:49 AM »
Damn, I just bought some radial slims. What's the difference between the two? Are these Reynolds like a slim classic shape?

Come sit in my boat!

I picked up a set of radial slims when the 101s were dropped (along with those sexy green ones), 3-4 weeks ago or so? Excellent wheel and my fav spit so far...but...they are still a bit wide for what I wanted but that is just me splitting hairs, I still suck on conical fulls or raidal slims ;)

When they arrive I'll share my results!

Word on the street is that they are as slim (if not the same mold) as those classic thin (makes sense) F1 Song's that were released a while back:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:03:44 AM by Xen »

themanwhomakes

« Reply #1253 on: April 12, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

goddamit. this is another one of those I refuse to believe this is a serious question questions.

I dont understand how this isnt a real question but okay. All i'm saying is, the rest are at like 51.5 with a thin contact patch and this guy has morphed into a blocky 48 after just a couple sessions with me doing the same exact shit as always. It seemed kinda yellow when i got it, so i put it on where my wheels typically wear down the least. Seems reasonable to assume it's a defect.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

Eric ricks

« Reply #1254 on: April 12, 2016, 02:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I dont understand how this isnt a real question but okay. All i'm saying is, the rest are at like 51.5 with a thin contact patch and this guy has morphed into a blocky 48 after just a couple sessions with me doing the same exact shit as always. It seemed kinda yellow when i got it, so i put it on where my wheels typically wear down the least. Seems reasonable to assume it's a defect.

No fuckin way that happened. Sorry, you are talking smack.

Hill bomb and powerslide the hills of san fran and this still isnt happening

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #1255 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12:02 PM »
I feel dumb for asking, but what are the benefits to having a slim wheel?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1256 on: April 12, 2016, 02:36:30 PM »
Easier slide and lighter weight
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

themanwhomakes

« Reply #1257 on: April 12, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No fuckin way that happened. Sorry, you are talking smack.

Hill bomb and powerslide the hills of san fran and this still isnt happening

Yep you caught me, I have nothing better to do then lie about wheel sizes  ::). This is my third pair of the same size and shape and i'm going to keep buying f4's because they're the shit but having this happen is forsure dissapointing.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #1258 on: April 12, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1259 on: April 13, 2016, 12:09:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Easier slide and lighter weight

for me its more that by using a slim wheel i can use more grinding area on my axles
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice