Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689458 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1260 on: April 13, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone ever had one wheel wear down insanely fast? On every board i've ever rode the back heel one wears down the quickest, but on my current 52mm f4 classics, the front heel has worn down insanely fast. I feel like it has to be a defect.
[close]

goddamit. this is another one of those I refuse to believe this is a serious question questions.
[close]

I dont understand how this isnt a real question but okay. All i'm saying is, the rest are at like 51.5 with a thin contact patch and this guy has morphed into a blocky 48 after just a couple sessions with me doing the same exact shit as always. It seemed kinda yellow when i got it, so i put it on where my wheels typically wear down the least. Seems reasonable to assume it's a defect.
[close]

No fuckin way that happened. Sorry, you are talking smack.

Hill bomb and powerslide the hills of san fran and this still isnt happening
[close]

Yep you caught me, I have nothing better to do then lie about wheel sizes  ::). This is my third pair of the same size and shape and i'm going to keep buying f4's because they're the shit but having this happen is forsure dissapointing.
rotate them shits dude, happens to every set of wheels i get

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1261 on: April 13, 2016, 11:33:19 AM »
I was trying to do an ollie bs powerslide kinda trick yesterday and man, my f4s slide so well.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1262 on: April 15, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »
Socal has the reynold's slim spits in stock!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:14:50 AM by Xen »

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #1263 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:35 AM »
Here's a profile pic of the Reynolds wheel

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1264 on: April 15, 2016, 10:45:58 AM »
^^My next wheel purchase for sure.
I've been waiting for so long for a thinner f4. If they're anything similar to a v3 STF then it'll be all I buy from now on probably.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1265 on: April 18, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »
53mm classic | 53mm classic thin | 53mm radial slims

nahynsee

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1266 on: April 19, 2016, 01:07:02 AM »
@Xen thanks for that comparison! that sweeper design is to nice!

N.L.

« Reply #1267 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »
couldn't resist and just purchased some green 101 radial slims. i've been too comfortable on the 99s... i'll probably die first blunt slide...

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #1268 on: April 24, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
same 54mm formula 4s one year later. setting up my 3rd set since 2014, now connical   ;)

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1269 on: April 24, 2016, 10:49:54 PM »
couldn't resist and just purchased some green 101 radial slims. i've been too comfortable on the 99s... i'll probably die first blunt slide...
What a noble death that would be.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #1270 on: April 24, 2016, 11:34:06 PM »
I've been back on 99 F4 Conical Fulls after riding Welcome Orbs for a while and they are just so much better. I don't think I'll ever buy anything else.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1271 on: April 25, 2016, 04:37:43 AM »
53mm classic | 53mm classic thin | 53mm radial slims

thanks for doing us all this service. 

GODDAMN I CAN'T WAIT TO GET A SET!!

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1272 on: April 25, 2016, 05:00:07 AM »
Anybody skate the Slims yet?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1273 on: April 29, 2016, 12:33:53 PM »
Anybody skate the Slims yet?

I rolled around on them (ankle still healing up), did a few light slides..they feel like 99a spits that break free a bit easier. Haven't flipped them/skated them at speed or anything.

N.L.

« Reply #1274 on: April 29, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

feeling pressured to film this now...  :-[

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1275 on: April 29, 2016, 01:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Dooooo eeeet!

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1276 on: April 29, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Do it for the sake of science!

N.L.

« Reply #1277 on: April 29, 2016, 03:48:28 PM »
alrighty, the right dudes have asked. i reckon i've got a few more weeks left on these 99s and then i'll set my 101s up. i'll film a blunt silde on both sets and we'll see what science says. advance warning, my blunt slides will almost certainly be on a curb and  they will most certainly be self-filmed on my crIphone.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1278 on: April 30, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
I was thinking the 101s might not slide as well as the 99s i had, but they do and are great. I'm glad i made the move up from 52 to 54. I've been sliding thorugh everything and sometimes leaving cool green marks lol.

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Hannity

« Reply #1279 on: April 30, 2016, 09:21:21 AM »
had to scoop more 58mm conical fulls after my last set-up got jacked at a local school (stupid me for forgetting it. anybody else have weekend sessions with the homies hauling a bunch of shit around from spot to spot and lose stuff along the way?) best fucking wheels ever. nothing holds u back.

N.L.

« Reply #1280 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »
I was thinking the 101s might not slide as well as the 99s i had, but they do and are great. I'm glad i made the move up from 52 to 54. I've been sliding thorugh everything and sometimes leaving cool green marks lol.

Those are the ones I'm about to set up. How does the roll feel on rough streets compared to the 99s?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: April 30, 2016, 10:46:26 PM »

Those are the ones I'm about to set up. How does the roll feel on rough streets compared to the 99s?
I don't think I've ridden on anything too rough that I can recall in recent memory.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:09:24 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Farz

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1282 on: April 30, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »
Picked up some radial slims and new bronsons and upon putting the spacers in one of the bearings will slide slightly out of the bearing seat. It's not enough to cause it to become loose but it's not flush (maybe like 1mm on 1 bearing) and I have been wondering if it'd be more beneficial to ditch the spacers or just use it like it is or even order some slimmer spacers?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1283 on: May 01, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »
I would try over tightening you wheel by a turn then backing it off.
Maybe they aren't seated all the way.
Either way the bearing sticking out won't affect the ride.
I still ride spacers, but not sure if it really does anything.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1284 on: May 02, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
Picked up some radial slims and new bronsons and upon putting the spacers in one of the bearings will slide slightly out of the bearing seat. It's not enough to cause it to become loose but it's not flush (maybe like 1mm on 1 bearing) and I have been wondering if it'd be more beneficial to ditch the spacers or just use it like it is or even order some slimmer spacers?

My opinion on bearing spacers is that they are completely unnecessary in most, if not all modern wheels.

They were created when wheels were much softer, and were designed to help keep the bearing (and bearing seat) aligned perpendicularly with the axel.

Since most wheels now are a much harder duro, or have harder cores below the softer urethane, I have not once found them to be beneficial in any modern skateboarding situation.

zephyrpatio

« Reply #1285 on: May 02, 2016, 02:51:46 PM »
had to scoop more 58mm conical fulls after my last set-up got jacked at a local school (stupid me for forgetting it. anybody else have weekend sessions with the homies hauling a bunch of shit around from spot to spot and lose stuff along the way?) best fucking wheels ever. nothing holds u back.

Gotta agree here. I picked up the 58's for a bowl setup but they're just an awesome wheel in general - wide and fast. They haul ass over any pavement. Do you use risers with yours out of curiosity?

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1286 on: May 02, 2016, 02:52:06 PM »
Has anyone skated the 54mm 99a conical fulls? I've been using the conical ones and now I want to try the wider ones. Is there really any major difference between the two riding surfaces?

BMCsteve

« Reply #1287 on: May 02, 2016, 02:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My opinion on bearing spacers is that they are completely unnecessary in most, if not all modern wheels.

They were created when wheels were much softer, and were designed to help keep the bearing (and bearing seat) aligned perpendicularly with the axel.

Since most wheels now are a much harder duro, or have harder cores below the softer urethane, I have not once found them to be beneficial in any modern skateboarding situation.

They're beneficial anytime your wheel has lateral movement - powerslides, landing sideways, reverts, etc.  

It distributes the torsional load across a larger surface as opposed to directly on the inner race.  That load is what leads to the bearing cage breaking which is the cause of most bearing blowouts
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:58:12 PM by BMCsteve »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1288 on: May 02, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Has anyone skated the 54mm 99a conical fulls? I've been using the conical ones and now I want to try the wider ones. Is there really any major difference between the two riding surfaces?
Just a little more surface area, so more stability, little less slide.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1289 on: May 02, 2016, 03:49:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They're beneficial anytime your wheel has lateral movement - powerslides, landing sideways, reverts, etc. 

It distributes the torsional load across a larger surface as opposed to directly on the inner race.  That load is what leads to the bearing cage breaking which is the cause of most bearing blowouts

also, not a super important metric, but spacers allow (require - to get any real benefit out of them, really) you to tighten down the axle nut more, which reduces that rattling sound of your bearings moving between the hangar and the axle nut.

my setup just feels more solid with spacers and tighter axle nuts.

like, when it hits the ground, it's more of a solid smack; not a smack with that reverberating loose wheel sound...